Reaper, what am I doing wrong?

ustolemygmrtagustolemygmrtag Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
OK, I have my old bands music we recorded. But, I do not have the master tracks any longer. They do not exsist.

So, How do I get Reaper to creat the Charts, from a 2 track stereo recording. Is ther a secret.

Every time I get the song going, The track records only noise. I have all the inputs correct, I think. Is there someone here who knows how to do this?

Is there a Template I am missing. Been using the RBN template. The RBN FX Will not show any cords, or record them for that matter.

Help.

Comments

  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    So, How do I get Reaper to creat the Charts, from a 2 track stereo recording. Is ther a secret.
    The secret is: you can't. Plus, Reaper doesn't create the charts, you do, by hand, in Reaper.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    ustolemygmrtag;3550252 said:
    So, How do I get Reaper to creat the Charts, from a 2 track stereo recording. Is ther a secret.
    I'm afraid not. The only way to author the song would be to rerecord it with the band, on separate tracks.
  • ustolemygmrtagustolemygmrtag Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    ok, that sucks. I guess I can try to contact my old band members, and see if they have any of the master tracks still.

    Wait, what about the ones I see on youtube, of people creating tracks from covered 2 track songs? Do they do all the authering by hand?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    ustolemygmrtag;3550310 said:
    Wait, what about the ones I see on youtube, of people creating tracks from covered 2 track songs? Do they do all the authering by hand?
    The authoring is by hand, but those charts are just "for fun" and will obviously never be released on the RBN since those people don't have the master recordings nor the permission to use those songs.
  • ustolemygmrtagustolemygmrtag Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3550347 said:
    The authoring is by hand, but those charts are just "for fun" and will obviously never be released on the RBN since those people don't have the master recordings nor the permission to use those songs.

    Ok I undersatand now. That really sucks. I really wanted to get this up for review too.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    ustolemygmrtag;3550310 said:
    I guess I can try to contact my old band members, and see if they have any of the master tracks still.
    That sounds like your best first step, to me.
Sign In or Register to comment.