Are Harmonix and Microsoft Going to Have to Fix Every RBN Song For Non-USA Players?

Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So, since the RBN Store has opened, all the songs that have been released after the initial 105 songs have been inaccessible to those outside of the USA. Those that showed up in the RBN Storefront were listed as being 0MSP and would not download. All of the songs on XBLM give you an "Sorry" message, and do not let you download the Trial or Full Version of these songs.

The first three sets of songs with this error (from Friday, Saturday and Sunday,) were fixed today, and I think it's safe to say that most people assumed that the problem was fixed for good (I did, anyway.)

However, two newly uploaded songs today (Mordecai and Stick Stickly,) have both given the same error message on XBLM.

While I'm sure HMX and MS will fix these songs when they find out about them, I'm wondering; will every single song uploaded to the RBN Store/XBLM need to be fixed by HMX/MS before non-USA players can download them?

Now, I'm perfectly aware that this issue has been bought up before, but so far, nobody has confirmed whether this is a problem that can be permanently fixed, or if Canadian and European users are going to be stuck with a delay of between several hours and several days before we can play RBN songs?

And no, I'm not whining, I feel I'm asking a legitimate question, that would be in the very best interests of a sizeable portion of the RB community if it was answered.

Comments

• Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, well my store hasn't even refreshed yet. It's still at 116 songs since Friday. If any new songs have been uploaded since then, why haven't they appeared. I live in Canada by the way.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Fragory123;3550529 said:
    Yeah, well my store hasn't even refreshed yet. It's still at 116 songs since Friday. If any new songs have been uploaded since then, why haven't they appeared. I live in Canada by the way.
    HMX only refresh the store when there's enough songs to warrant it. The issue here is for songs on XBLM.
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550533 said:
    HMX only refresh the store when there's enough songs to warrant it. The issue here is for songs on XBLM.
    Really, I thought they refreshed it once a day. Guess not.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there is a different Marketplace for different territories. The links people are getting from the RBN website are all for the USA Marketplace and that's why they won't work in other countries.
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3550541 said:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there is a different Marketplace for different territories. The links people are getting from the RBN website are all for the USA Marketplace and that's why they won't work in other countries.
    Well, I've never had this problem with regular DLC, and I've been using the same Marketplace for that.
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550548 said:
    Well, I've never had this problem with regular DLC, and I've been using the same Marketplace for that.
    No no, did you get the links for other individual songs from people or did you just browse the marketplace? If you're logged into the Marketplace online then it automatically has the right region and everything for your console.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3550533 said:
    HMX only refresh the store when there's enough songs to warrant it.
    Actually it appears HMX updates the store everyday that somebody is in the offices. (Thurs, Fri, Mon) Of course, if there's no content ready to go (or songs are still in a holding period) they won't have anything to go out there.
    Fragory123;3550539 said:
    Really, I thought they refreshed it once a day. Guess not.
    Some new songs hit today did they not? But whatever, HMX never said it was guaranteed to update daily, just that it was possible it could happen if there was content there to support it. We all know about the "holding period" songs go through after passing reviews...and thanks to a few users we know there's some issues with copyrights/licensing holding back release on a few tracks.

And then of course there's the fact that the odds of content being pushed out on the weekends is low, considering there is likely minimal staff on Sat/Sun to push content across.

I'm in no big hurry for songs to hit anyway. New songs coming out "everyday" would kill my wallet not to mention make it REALLY hard to follow new releases.
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3550643 said:
    No no, did you get the links for other individual songs from people or did you just browse the marketplace? If you're logged into the Marketplace online then it automatically has the right region and everything for your console.
    I have tried using the links on the RBN Song List, and then changing the "en-US" in the URL to "en-GB" and I'm getting a "Content not found" screen.

So, I'm guessing it takes longer for HMX/MS to upload RBN songs to non-US Marketplaces, which is odd, considering that we've never had that problem with regular DLC.
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3551646 said:
    I have tried using the links on the RBN Song List, and then changing the "en-US" in the URL to "en-GB" and I'm getting a "Content not found" screen.
    That isn't the only difference. The hex values after that are all completely different as well.
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3551649 said:
    That isn't the only difference. The hex values after that are all completely different as well.
    I wasn't aware of this. However, I've never had this problem with any other DLC that I've downloaded form the US marketplace (for example, regular DLC that I've downloaded from the US XBLM has always worked.

So, the problem is is that MS and HMX haven't uploaded these songs to the XBLM for territories outside of the US.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3551787 said:
    I wasn't aware of this. However, I've never had this problem with any other DLC that I've downloaded form the US marketplace (for example, regular DLC that I've downloaded from the US XBLM has always worked.

So, the problem is is that MS and HMX haven't uploaded these songs to the XBLM for territories outside of the US.
    Sight that's not the problem. There's a larger issue that they are actively looking into that is probably related to what happened during launch.
    edited March 2010
    Catch-22;3551796 said:
    Sight that's not the problem. There's a larger issue that they are actively looking into that is probably related to what happened during launch.
    OK. I'll go watch the Mordecai Expert Guitar a couple dozen more times, and hope that HMX and MS can find a permanent solution to this ASAP.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Catch-22;3551796 said:
    Wouldn't be surpriesd if there's a lot of twiddling that has to go on behind the scenes due to licensing, copyright, and other international issues that come with having to limit regional availablility.
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3551816 said:
    Wouldn't be surpriesd if there's a lot of twiddling that has to go on behind the scenes due to licensing, copyright, and other international issues that come with having to limit regional availablility.
    If that was the case, how come all of the original songs from Friday/Saturday that had this issue were fixed simultaneously by HMX yesterday?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3551816 said:
    It's not that, there's a bug that's screwing up the international stores.
    edited March 2010
    Well, here's something interesting; I was just able to DL The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room,) with no problems, despite the fact that it came out after Stick Stickly and Mordecai.

The plot thickens...