Favorite RBN drum charts

EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Because its the only thing I play I want to get some of your opinions on your favorite drums charts.

Ive only downloaded 11 songs, and so far the two that stand out are:

DnA's Evolution - The Heist (best drum solo ever)
Surprise Me Mr. Davis - Sissyfuss (starts out slow, turns awesome later on)

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited March 2010
    All the Iron Maiden stuff.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    DrowGamer77;3553053 said:
    All the Iron Maiden stuff.
    I didnt know they were on the RBN.
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3553061 said:
    I didnt know they were on the RBN.
    Um... what's the saying...? *facepalm*
  • Hannibal LeonHannibal Leon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    DrowGamer77;3553075 said:
    yeah...facepalm you...those are DLC tracks not RBN tracks...
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    DrowGamer77;3553075 said:
    This is a thread about songs on the RBN, thats why I posted it in the RBN forum. So I can get some suggestings for downloading songs off the RBN.

See a common theme?
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3553112 said:
    This is a thread about songs on the RBN, thats why I posted it in the RBN forum. So I can get some suggestings for downloading songs off the RBN.

See a common theme?
    Yes. Thank you both for your condescending advice. Forgive me for making such an egregious error.
    I forgot that I am in the presence of greatness and of those who never make mistakes.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    So do you have any suggestions?
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3553123 said:
    So do you have any suggestions?
    Regrettably, sir, I do not. As the proverbial red-headed step child PS3 owner, I get no RBN love.
    I watched a couple videos on line, and the only one that looked fun to me was Stand for Something by Skindred.
    Again, all apologies for the ill-fated prior post.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Anything by The Main Drag, e.g. How We'd Look On Paper has 2 drum solos :eek:
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Pankrazzo;3553159 said:
    Anything by The Main Drag, e.g. How We'd Look On Paper has 2 drum solos :eek:
    Except for the first song on the list, which has almost no drums. Ive downloaded the first two. The second one was fun. I will check ot "We'd Look On Paper" tonite.
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I would have to say the recently released BtBaM track, Mr. Fahq
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    The Main Drags' How We'd Look On Paper is probably my favorite drum chart so far.

I haven't gotten too many songs though~
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    How We'd Look on Paper
    Footloose and Fancy Free

/thread
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    dman2309;3553226 said:
    Footloose and Fancy Free
    I thought that wasn't released yet...
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Agreed with SomethingWithPeaches - "Mordecai" by Between the Buried and Me was lots of fun (but it was also no joke!, maybe check a vid or get the trial first).
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    jayou521;3553228 said:
    I thought that wasn't released yet...
    It can be found on the XBOX Live Marketplace.
  • SplyncSplync Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    How We'd Look on Paper
    The Complexity of Light
    The Heist
    Footloose and Fancy Free

Those are my four favorite songs on drums so far. Ironically enough, the two drum solos are actually the worst part of How We'd Look on Paper.
  • HMXaJBcHMXaJBc Harmonix Developer
    edited March 2010
    Splync;3553301 said:
    How We'd Look on Paper
    The Complexity of Light
    The Heist
    Footloose and Fancy Free

Those are my four favorite songs on drums so far. Ironically enough, the two drum solos are actually the worst part of How We'd Look on Paper.
    Thank ya!
  • X Bad Daddy XX Bad Daddy X Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Shameless plug here, as I charted this one, but I thought I would mention it here as I got a lot of positive feedback on the drums for this one.

Super hard, super fun!

Check out: Mark Mallman - Do You Feel Like Breaking Up?
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Complexity of Light by Children of Nova and Africa by Quartered are probably my two favorite RBN tracks on drums so far. Both start with great solos (the Africa one is so long the demo ends about 60% of the way through it), and then go into a wide variety of fairly technical and unique patterns after that.

If you're looking for an insane, mayhem level challenge, go with Mordecai, Pack Flier, or Day of Mourning. Mordecai's actually fairly fun and relaxing for the last four minutes if you can get through the beginning or play with no fail mode, but unless you're amazing at drums you also might just fail every time at 2%.

Makeup/Breakup is good if you want something challenging but not metal and without blast beats. It's got one of the most confusing, technical drum charts in the game, but can be pretty fun if you can figure it out. Trippolette is also good for something very technical but slightly less difficult (at one point it has your hands playing in 7/8 while your foot plays in 6/8).

Other recommendations include Footloose and Fancy Free, Battles and Brotherhood, everything by Fake Shark-Real Zombie!, the Ultra Saturday songs, Genius, Bleeder, the Speck songs, the You Shriek Songs, Rx, and Demon Woman. Also, I haven't actually gotten it yet, but Destructive Device seems like it might also be a good one.

There's probably some other good songs that I'm forgetting, but that should get you started. A bunch of those songs are only 80 MSP, too.
  • Evoracer22Evoracer22 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The complexity of light, and push push lady lightning are a ton of fun.
  • GurnKillerGurnKiller Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I may be a bit biased since I authored all of the songs I'm about to post, but I honestly think they're "fun". Also, in my opinion, challenging and fun are two completely different things, so don't take these as "but that songs is easy, so how can it be fun?".

The Complexity of Light - Children of Nova
    Stand For Something - Skindred
    Angel Lust - Fake Shark, Real Zombie!
    Lady in a Blue Dress - Senses Fail

As for one that I've played that I haven't authored, the three that stand out to me (and all three have already been mentioned) are:

Africa
    Footloose and Fancy Free
    How We'd Look on Paper
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    The end of "push push lady lightning" kicked my ass! It was kinda fun playing a BRE thats charted.
    GurnKiller;3558068 said:
    I may be a bit biased since I authored all of the songs I'm about to post, but I honestly think they're "fun". Also, in my opinion, challenging and fun are two completely different things, so don't take these "but that songs is easy, so how can it be fun?".
    The majority of my favorite songs are in the 3-4th tier. It doesnt have to be devil tier for me to love the chart.
  • GurnKillerGurnKiller Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3558069 said:
    The end of "push push lady lightning" kicked my ass! It was kinda fun playing a BRE thats charted.
    I charted that one, too! :D

Ehfahq;3558069 said:
    The majority of my favorite songs are in the 3-4th tier. It doesnt have to be devil tier for me to love the chart.
    Truer words have never been spoken. You, sir, are a wise man.
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3558069 said:
    Ditto. Very fun - but like, I need a lot more practice.

It may still not be in the store, but for anyone who is a drummer and has not yet purchased 'Footloose & Fancy Free' please proceed immediately to the marketplace and pick this track up. It's the most fun I've ever had playing the plastic drums - be it on RBN, regular DLC, or whatever. The solo is phenomenal.

Also, I really, really like:

The Heist - as noted the drum solo is a blast
    Battles and Brotherhood - a fun metal song that is not mind-numbingly difficult
    The Attitude Song - a little 'hidden' drum gem here - most of the song is pretty fun polyrhythm beats but it gets progressively more difficult as the song goes on... still haven't passed it but I still have a lot of fun and can't wait to nail it.

I'm looking forward to checking out others' suggestions. Great thread!
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Alias Unknown - Top Back.

Best drum chart I've played in a while. It's so fun.

Also, Push Push (Lady Lightning).
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Check out Africa by Quartered. Amazing drum solo in the beginning! I also like Burn it Down by 5FDP and Disengage by Suicide Silence. Both are also great drum charts. Theres more but those are the ones that came to my head.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The Complexity of Light is by far my favorite RBN drum track and one of my favorite tracks in all of RB. I liked Battles and Brotherhood too but it's a bit repetitive. All of the Fake Shark-Real Zombie! tracks are good too.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Disengaged is by far one of my favorites. That or Push Push (Lady Lightning)