AneurysmBowAneurysmBow Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
When?
Any Official Date?

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    The entire network, probably never.

The first song being brought over, ive heard 30 days after its released on the RBN.
  • AneurysmBowAneurysmBow Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    ehfahq;3553126 said:
    the entire network, probably never.

The first song being brought over, ive heard 30 days after its released on the rbn.
    whens rbn being released?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Its already released on the Xbox.

Only select songs will be ported over to the PS3. Atleast 30 days after they come out on the RBN......from what ive heard.
    edited March 2010
    But they havn't released any songs yet, when are we do for our first release?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    AneurysmBow;3553157 said:
    Ehfahq;3553126 said:
    The first song being brought over, ive heard 30 days after its released on the RBN.
    *THIS*

There's a 30 day window between when a song is put up on the XBLM and when it can first appear on the PS3. This doesn't mean all songs will immediately come to the PS3 after 30 days...nor does it mean that if a song doesn't come after 30 days that it never will.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited March 2010
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    AneurysmBow;3553157 said:
    Some time in April, if they are indeed porting songs over after 30 days.
  • opfreakopfreak Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Never, HMX doesn't care about its Ps3 users anymore, and are planing on going 'exclusive' to the 360, finical details not yet released
    edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3553250 said:
    Some time in April, if they are indeed porting songs over after 30 days.
    hmm
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    AneurysmBow;3579938 said:
    hmm
    What was the point in bumping this thread if your question was already answered?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    The way I figure it, is that theres no need to complain yet. April 8th is the first Thursday thirty days after the RBN launch. If there is no announcement with the April 2 DLC announcements, then I might get a little antsy. The only official word is the thirty day exclusivity, so if the first selections are not coming on the 8th then hopefully HMX wont keep us in the dark too long.
  • elcanadianoelcanadiano Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This was a thing done with Microsoft. I doubt the RBN will come on the PS3 (or the Wii, for that matter) for a very long time.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3580640 said:
    The way I figure it, is that theres no need to complain yet. April 8th is the first Thursday thirty days after the RBN launch. If there is no announcement with the April 2 DLC announcements, then I might get a little antsy. The only official word is the thirty day exclusivity, so if the first selections are not coming on the 8th then hopefully HMX wont keep us in the dark too long.
    The problem this will bring is probably because the 30 day number is the minimum time HMX might expect to port and submit tracks. And when they miss that window, and it shouldn't be too hard to believe that it'll happen... Well, it won't be too hard to figure out what the most popular post subject would be.

I would doubt even calling it a 'minimum' of 30 days would to much to stem that particular outrage.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    we all know the ps3 users are gonna throw a fit when 30 days exactly has passed and song X isnt in, its unavoidable

and its also normal for the internets, its kinda like people expecting game updates happening on Day x of month X to happen at 1201 AM, their time, and then they throw fits if it isnt in at that moment
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    What I'm saying is that the thirty day exclusivity announcement has a shelf life of thirty days. After that, it would be in everyone's best interest to clarify when we might see the RBN selections.
    edited March 2010
    bigmf;3580825 said:
    What I'm saying is that the thirty day exclusivity announcement has a shelf life of thirty days. After that, it would be in everyone's best interest to clarify when we might see the RBN selections.
    the only answer to that would obviously be

"when you get them"
  • rockthelotusrockthelotus Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    All I want is Mordecai... I could care less about the RBN
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    30 days is the earliest point that you could start seeing songs on the PS3. Slow sales, workload, and other potential issues will undoubtedly lead to more than 30 days for some songs.
  • arclight2012arclight2012 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Aaaand of course if you're in a band and want to create your own charts for Rock Band, but you happen to have a PS3 or Wii instead of an Xbox, you won't be getting that aspect of the game probably ever. Just sayin'.

This isn't, from what I can tell, Harmonix's fault. It is probably the fault of Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft (and maybe HMX's fault too, but I don't know.)
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    The burden is 100% on Sony and Nintendo.

Microsoft designed the technical framework which allows RBN to exist (as in, RBN takes advantage of something that was independently developed for XBOX by Microsoft). Because no such framework exists for Playstation or Wii, RBN existing in the same manner that it does on XBOX is impossible.
    edited March 2010
    arclight2012;3582117 said:
    Aaaand of course if you're in a band and want to create your own charts for Rock Band, but you happen to have a PS3 or Wii instead of an Xbox, you won't be getting that aspect of the game probably ever. Just sayin'.

This isn't, from what I can tell, Harmonix's fault. It is probably the fault of Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft (and maybe HMX's fault too, but I don't know.)
    the solution to this is easy

get an xbox if you really want your song in the game

kinda like not having a computer(which can also hinder the process if you wanna do it yourself)

those wanting to chart/get songs in will probly be more inclined to do so then someone just playing the game
This discussion has been closed.