RBN and the xna creators club....dont get it

TriXsKillzTriXsKillz Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
hey,not trying to look dumb or anything but i was just wondering do you have to pruchase a premium xna thing in order to buy songs from the rbn even the free songs because i tried downloading a free song by attack attack i think, stickly stick or something but it kicked me out the network

Comments

• whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    No, buying doesn't require an XNA membership, just authoring and playtesting.

What country are you/is your Live account in?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    TriXsKillz;3553590 said:
    hey,not trying to look dumb or anything but i was just wondering do you have to pruchase a premium xna thing in order to buy songs from the rbn even the free songs because i tried downloading a free song by attack attack i think, stickly stick or something but it kicked me out the network
    You don't need an XNA account to purchase songs. Unfortunately, there is an error in the international stores where newly added songs aren't actually available to purchase. If a song is listed as free it is experiencing an error so just sit back and wait for HMX to sort out the issue.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Nope, to purchase songs you buy them straight out of the RBN marketplace (or Rock Band Music store).

Some people have been getting disconnected. I did my first time.

I found the best method is to download the demo, play it, and purchase at the menu screen after the demo completes.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like you're running into a known glitch where songs appear as costing 0 points, and subsequently kick you out of the store if you try to buy them. Harmonix is working on fixing that.
  • TriXsKillzTriXsKillz Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    thanks guys im from canada, guess ill just wait it out