RBN Quality

toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I haven't seen any threads/posts to this effect yet, so I'll ask it. As a PS3 user with no way of playing stuff on the RBN yet, I'm curious how the quality/charting of the songs on RBN compares to HMX's work. Anyone having any issues, or are the songs that are approved for RBN high enough quality to be basically indistinguishable from the real thing?

Comments

• broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    ive gotten about 70 songs and i have found 99.99% of the stuff i bought to be what i would call hmx quality.....especially the larger charting groups do a great job

the only .01% i have found is the mixing on a couple songs is slightly quieter than hmx would do it but nothing that destroys game play.......overall the charting is really great
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    well... I have about 8... im not rich like bronco's and all the songs so far are good quality in terms of charting havn't seen any major problems with the charting. The audio mixing i dont think is quite as good as HMX but by no means do the songs sound bad
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    lotr rocks 0;3554631 said:
    well... I have about 8... im not rich like bronco's and all the songs so far are good quality in terms of charting havn't seen any major problems with the charting. The audio mixing i dont think is quite as good as HMX but by no means do the songs sound bad
    haha i wish.....ive been savin up points since rbn got announced lol
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I have $15 worth of songs so far (need to buy more MSP!), totaling 8 songs, and they're great. Charting is good and so is audio quality.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    How are the RBN songs I've purchased so far(about 40)?

Well let's just say I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed ;)
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    I've only purchased a few, but I've demo'd several while messing around. The charts feel good, and most of the audio isn't too bad (there's a few songs where it's a bit tough to hear the vocals when playing other instruments).

Some of the charters have done a really good job with the lighting/camera work as well. And those will often stand out comparred to those that are more about the charts with less detail to the animations.

But I haven't hit a song that's made me think "WTF?!" I would guess if you just put a playlist together and had somebody go through it they wouldn't be able to pick out the RBN songs if they didn't know better.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Well, everyone think about this. Most of the songs on the RBN are from unsigned bands who don't have top of the line equipment. They don't all record their masters with the top quality we've come to expect from a huge band like Metallica or some other big band. It's not always the authors fault (I'm not saying it can't be) sometimes the band will just not've recorded top quality masters.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Little Black Backpack has great charts but the sound mixing is amateur hour. You can't even hear the vocal track. It's very disappointing because I love the song. All the other songs I have bought look/sound great.