Top RBN Downloads

HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is a tool to see a rough estimate of which songs have been downloaded and played the most. I have complied the list based on Keldon's site. Here's the top 30, and I will (probably) be updating this once a week - probably every Tuesday night. Keep in mind that this is only a rough estimate, as it takes scores submitted rather than total downloads.

1. Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning) [RockGamer] [80msp] (Download)
2. Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live) [RockGamer] [80msp] (Download)
3. Five Finger Death Punch - Burn It Down [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
4. The Slip - Even Rats [TheAuthority] [160msp] (Download)
5. Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey [NoisyPuppet] [160msp] (Download)
6. Andrew Buch - Trippolette [Andrew-Buch] [160msp] (Download)
7. Jonathan Coulton - The Future Soon [HarmonixAuthors] [160msp] (Download)
8. Flogging Molly - Requiem for a Dying Song [RockGamer] [80msp] (Download)
9. Jonathan Coulton - Ikea [RhythmAuthors] [160msp] (Download)
10. Steve Vai - For the Love of God (Live) [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
11. Jonathan Coulton - Creepy Doll [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
12. Suicide Silence - Disengage [TheAuthority] [160msp] (Download)
13. Steve Vai - The Attitude Song [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
14. 3 Inches of Blood - Battles and Brotherhood [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
15. Steve Vai - Get the Hell Out of Here [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
16. Amberian Dawn - He Sleeps in a Grove [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
17. KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel [RhythmAuthors] [160msp] (Download)
18. Despised Icon - Day of Mourning [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
19. Skindred - Stand for Something [RockGamer] [80msp] (Download)
20. The Shins - Australia [TheAuthority] [160msp] (Download)
21. In This Moment - Mechanical Love [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
22. Stroke 9 - Little Black Backpack '09 [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)
23. Senses Fail - Lady In a Blue Dress [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
24. Children of Nova - Complexity of Light [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
25. Amberian Dawn - River of Tuoni [RockGamer] [160msp] (Download)
26. Lacuna Coil - Survive [RhythmAuthors] [160msp] (Download)
27. Alias Unknown - Top Back [RhythmAuthors] [80msp] (Download)
28. KMFDM - A Drug Against War [RhythmAuthors] [160msp] (Download)
29. Heaven Ablaze - Parhelia [RhythmAuthors] [80msp] (Download)
30. Stroke 9 - Kick Some Ass '09 [WaveGroup] [160msp] (Download)

I intend on updating this list weekly as well as adding features if this thread is considered a handy tool, such as adding links to songs, price points, and the author or company that charted the song. Discuss if you wish!

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Ne'ermind that first.

--------------------

Though I think the number of 160 MSP songs goes to show that a fun chart/song will beat out price for most people. And in some cases a 160 MSP RBN song has beaten out an 80 MSP RBDLC song.

It would be cool if we could somehow track the progress of RBN songs more accurately to see how they stack up to their "official" bretheren.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    Nice. would like to see the authors listed also.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm surprised Genius by The B.O.L.T. is not up there, since it seems to be very popular and one of the highest rated in terms of lighters.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3555168 said:
    Though I think the number of 160 MSP songs goes to show that a fun chart/song will beat out price for most people.
    I don't know about that at all. I don't think that list has much to do with "fun" at all, and more to do with more recognizable names, and difficulty to an extent. Unless that's what you meant by "/song". Not implying that those songs aren't fun as well, I have quite a few of them and they are, but I really doubt most of those sales came from people getting the demo and saying "This chart is fun!", and more from "3 inches of Blood!?!? DOWNLOAD!".

What I'd love to see, though I doubt it's possible, is how many times each song has been previewed and demoed. I'm curious if the average Joe is even giving the lesser known stuff a chance, or if he skims pass everything he doesn't recognize if it isn't extremely difficult. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.
  • edited March 2010
    Not seeing Marillion on that list makes me a sad panda.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3555348 said:

What I'd love to see, though I doubt it's possible, is how many times each song has been previewed and demoed. I'm curious if the average Joe is even giving the lesser known stuff a chance, or if he skims pass everything he doesn't recognize if it isn't extremely difficult. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.
    I doubt it, I bet the average Joe hasn't even been in the RBN store yet. Just using my friends as a very small sample, 7 of them have RB2, 3 dont' really by DLC at all, 4 buy DLC occasionally. Of these, only 1 has even visited the RBN Music Store, and he bought one song: Push Push. This after I told him that the RBN Store is up for business and how Push Push is an awesome song.

I'm wondering if maybe it was a mistake to have separate RBN and regular Music Stores. I personally don't mind. But for the average Joe, combining the stores would make it easier to find that Artist that you want. Say you want to find The Shins: you have to check both stores to get the 3 songs of theirs. Kind of a hassle, and I wouldn't be surprised if they just saw the 1 regular Shins DLC in the regular Store and left it at that, without even checking the RBN store.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Clicking on that website I posted in the OP will show you the amount of unique gamertag scores. I just won't post them here since they are just a low-side predictive way to see what's selling well, not actual sales

It is cool to point out though, that at the time of writing this, PP(LL) has doubled the amount of scores that Drunken Lullabies has. I think it's safe to predict the first song transferring over to the PS3
    jawillroy;3554991 said:
    Interesting to see the list of what people *bought.*
    Does anyone have a list posted of what they liked *after* they played it? Can you filter that list by "lighters?"

Just curious.
    Nah, I can't really update in that way, at least not easily. The rating system is a crapshoot anyway, some people don't rate so the song automatically gets three stars after the song selection screen
    T-Hybrid;3555168 said:
    EDIT: Ne'ermind that first.

--------------------

Though I think the number of 160 MSP songs goes to show that a fun chart/song will beat out price for most people. And in some cases a 160 MSP RBN song has beaten out an 80 MSP RBDLC song.

It would be cool if we could somehow track the progress of RBN songs more accurately to see how they stack up to their "official" bretheren.
    Well that's not easy to find, but it appears that at the moment of typing this, Push Push (Lady Lightning) is beating out 51 songs released as regular DLC - and this simply on one console!
    Sayburr;3555177 said:
    Nice. would like to see the authors listed also.
    It shall be done next update
    k-mac;3555198 said:
    I'm surprised Genius by The B.O.L.T. is not up there, since it seems to be very popular and one of the highest rated in terms of lighters.
    I was surprised too, but it doesn't appear to be listed on the leaderboards quite yet. It may jump in by next week
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited March 2010
    Awesome topic, Riley.

Also, you people sure do love your Jonathan Coulton. -_-
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Lady Siara;3555528 said:
    Awesome topic, Riley.

Also, you people sure do love your Jonathan Coulton. -_-
    damn straight we do
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I'd be kinda willing to think that we are a much much bigger percentage of the RBN sales than we are of the regular DLC sales (we're probably 1% or less of regular DLC sales).

It'll be interesting to see what the top sales are over time once the masses slowly find out about RBN.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3555533 said:
    I'd be kinda willing to think that we are a much much bigger percentage of the RBN sales than we are of the regular DLC sales (we're probably 1% or less of regular DLC sales).

It'll be interesting to see what the top sales are over time once the masses slowly find out about RBN.
    yeah, forum goers id say usualy are the first to get things
    and sinse this is so early on, its probly a bit more in line with that

but sinse leaderboards dont count people like me(who dont play while online, or use nofail so we can play with our kids) it always will have more then what it shown on this lists

after a month or so(sinse alot of people dont check weekly) im sure the numbers will be nicer
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Hmm - this thread gives me some incentive to actually play the songs I've bought from RBN. I need more free time.
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    HeyRiles;3554748 said:

18. Despised Icon - Day of Mourning [80msp]
    Isn't this one 160msp?
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm quite interested to see how well the Flight of the Conchords tracks sell. I'd love to see more from them.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Not seeing of Montreal on there makes me frown.
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Man, I only have 3 or 4 that are listed here. have only 12 songs from RBN though right now.
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Runesmith;3556393 said:
    Yep, and none of The Main Drag tracks. Seriously, those tracks are awesome.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Wow, i would have expected at least half of the most downloaded songs to have been the 80MSP ones but they dont even make up anywhere near half of the most downloaded so far :eek:

Good to see Skindred up there, im really hoping good sales for their material means we will see more coming to RBN in the future. Also big thumbs up to Bang Camaro... they are perhaps untouched at the top when it comes to popularity gained from music games.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Skode;3556566 said:
    Wow, i would have expected at least half of the most downloaded songs to have been the 80MSP ones but they dont even make up anywhere near half of the most downloaded so far :eek:
    Depends on what you're interested in. I have 8 songs so far. The only one I have that was 80 MSP was Push Push (Lady Lightning).

This will change though. A certain Mr. Shek and a certain Mr. Roy, along with some others, are on my to buy list. :D
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Runesmith;3556393 said:
    me too
  • ArmymondArmymond Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    NO TERRORHORSE?!?!:mad:
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    I'm rather sad that Glass Hammer and Marillion aren't being downloaded.

(Maybe they are, and people just aren't playing them and submitting scores?)
  • benginobengino Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    i only purchased 3 songs so far...

Little Black Backpack
    Top Back
    Drunken Lullabies
  • Tenku_no_LinkTenku_no_Link Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    k-mac;3555198 said:
    The list appears to be incomplete if the numbers are coming strictly from Keldon. I checked out the DLC sales page on the site and noticed that Genius wasn't even listed. So once that song makes it up on the leaderboard on Keldon I'm sure it will jump up into the Top 25. Great song all around. (Personal favorite to come out of RBN so far)
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3557220 said:
    I'm rather sad that Glass Hammer and Marillion aren't being downloaded.

(Maybe they are, and people just aren't playing them and submitting scores?)
    Glass Hammer is freaking awesome dude! I'm certainly playing them!
  • nightsx2nightsx2 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Any chance of also getting the least popular downloads listed (maybe the 5 or 10 worst)? I would actually be interested in seeing that data as well.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    nightsx2;3557274 said:
    Any chance of also getting the least popular downloads listed (maybe the 5 or 10 worst)? I would actually be interested in seeing that data as well.
    I would rather not. It might be interesting to see and I know they do it for the normal RB dlc. However with the RBN, releasing that knowledge would be detrimental to artists/labels who would consider supporting it further if their work isn't selling as well as they'd like.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    nightsx2;3557274 said:
    Plus it would likely boil down to what was released the day before the downloads were checked
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited March 2010
    Mmm, since I don't know hardly any of the artists listed in the RBN, I may have to use this to determine my purchases. Well, except Flogging Molly...I've gotten so many requests for that song at my RB nights (I offer a list of available downloads as well as what I have) that that one is a must. :)