What could be done to improve The Beatles:Rock Band experience?

BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
edited December 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Firstly, please do not post DLC as we all want more!

If you could improve the game engine from what it currently is to do something better and/or fix an existing problem/bug, then what would those things be?

For me, I have a small list :)

1) Fix the switching between bass+guitar scores in quickplay (GH:WT PS3)

2) Have scores per difficulty in quickplay. So you press left/right on d-pad to move down/up the difficulty levels that you have from easy-expert, these are your local scores. The last score would show the highest achieved and level, which is the one that is sent to the leaderboards and is also the default one you see.

3) When playing a song it automatically selects the play level based on your solo high score for offline and online play. It gives a nice indication at what level you can do on this song.

4) An option to have auto-kick pedal for drums with either no score recording or a new type of score recording. The reason for this is that people with leg disabilities can still play (I pulled a muscle in my leg and was unable to play drums for a week!) and it helps when you have friends round who hate Easy because it is slow but also hate the pedal.

5) Bug-fix the text, "Congratulations, You are #1 on your friends list!" which shows when you play but do not beat your score when you are already #1 on your friends list. When you get a score just underneath your best when #1 then it should say something like "You did not beat your previous score. You are still ranked #1", or similar.

6) Use a slightly different shape which indicates that it is a cymbal and not a drum for those who have the cymbal add-ons. Sometimes my brain gets confused and I hit green cymbal instead of green drum :)

I post the above as someone who has progressed from Easy drums to Expert drums (on almost all songs) and what I would have found helpful during that learning curve.

Oh, and the biggest thing I love about the game engine is being able to see friends scores on quickplay so I can see how badly I am doing :)

So how would everyone else improve the game engine from what it is?

Comments

• LimaoxDLimaoxD Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3555921 said:
    I really don't care, just more DLC.
    This.
  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    two guitars + bass

of course!
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    -Arrange songs by bass difficulty when showing bass scores.
    -Venue select to allow you to play "I Want to Hold Your Hand" in the Sgt. Pepper gazebo or "I Saw Her Standing There" on the rooftop or "Get Back" on the Ed Sullivan Show.

That's all I can think of right now.
  • ChipthemanChiptheman Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    -I think if they divided the guitar parts up by if it was played by George or John and have an option to play the two parts mashed together. Then you could play with two guitarists and still one bassist.
    -Have a venue selection
    -Have more venues, because the Beatles played more places than the ones they put in the game
    -They should of come out with a Sgt. Peppers and MMT drum heads instead of just the one
    -And they should of included other instruments in the bundle
    -They needed to of come out with a piano controller because when Let It Be is DLC it won't be the same without piano
    edited March 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3556191 said:
    -Arrange songs by bass difficulty when showing bass scores.
    -Venue select to allow you to play "I Want to Hold Your Hand" in the Sgt. Pepper gazebo or "I Saw Her Standing There" on the rooftop or "Get Back" on the Ed Sullivan Show.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Get Back on the cavern and Magical Mystery Tour at Ed Sullivan Show.

Oh and the Abbey Road Medley on Yellow Submarine dreamscapes.

ps- I agree with you, with some exceptions for the Venue select
  • ROCKY_ROADROCKY_ROAD Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    More DLC yeah, I'm in that group :P

They need to put the rest of the Help! and A Hard Day's Night Album on there cuz they were the only two movies the beatles made that was actualy good

the Let it Be Movie... I just.. I just don't see the good enterainment in it except maybe the music, but I loved Help! and A Hard Day's Night movies (thumbsup)
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Turn on No Fail Mode, and most of your problems are fixed.
  • Viking27Viking27 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Although I know that even one microphone can cause a few second delay to other band mates so lag is the problem not really Hmx, but we really need to be able to sing 3 part harmonies using 3 players connected online, not just in the same room. This would add so much depth to online play as well as voxer's and even just others who like to play on easy drums or so and maybe hum along with back-up vocals. I am constantly singing john's vocals while drumming in every song regardless if he's back up or not, to be able to do this all the time online with someone else singing the other parts was the real imagining of the game imo. Also would make the vocal achievements/trophies actually obtainable for players who dont have great vocalist friends, make it work Hmx!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    well done to those that posted dlc, you have just proven that you either didnt read the thread or dont respect the thread (unless the "no dlc" thing was added later as an edit, in which case i retract that statement.)

i cant think of much that could improve the gameplay. i like the idea of seperate score lists for each dificulty. the amount of songs that have hard scores as the highest even tho i play them on expert (and get lower scores :D). id like to be able to see the ones that i have passed on expert despite the score being lower.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Zorbaru;3556960 said:
    well done to those that posted dlc, you have just proven that you either didnt read the thread or dont respect the thread (unless the "no dlc" thing was added later as an edit, in which case i retract that statement.)
    It has been there from the start and just goes to show that people only read the title!

The online harmonies could be interesting but the lag would prevent this being a reality. It would have been possible if online play was done on a dedicated server but that then adds to the costs.
  • AEF251AEF251 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    -Give an option for no drum pedal for younger players.
    -Give two or three slots to save pre-set play lists of 10 songs.
    -Allow DLC to be integrated into story mode as an option.
    -Add another guitar line for Rhythm guitar, even if all it does is duplicate the lead guitar notes it adds to the authenticity.
    -Delay the first note a little longer for some songs since they can arrive a little too fast for newer players.
  • diekzfailzdiekzfailz Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    - Switch scores guitar/bass and solo/harmonies in quickplay
    - Include DLC in history mode
    - Being able to play Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help from my Friends separately if you want
    edited March 2010
    -Adjust the chart display as it can merge a little too much under beatlemania.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I like the choices the topic creator made.

I'd also like:

--Rhythm guitar chart
    --New achievements, for each set of tracks already available to download
  • heididesorderheididesorder Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I like all these choices so far, I also would like some extra content such as beatles videos or documentaries.
  • illgreenillgreen Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    TB:RB branded LSD. Get to it HMX!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    i noticed when playing multiplayer that sometimes when you complete a sequence of beatlemania notes the yellow glow will hide the next yellow note coming down the track.
  • porterguyporterguy Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    choice of which character you play. (Paul[bass], George[lead], John[Rythm])

import songs from an mp3 player and add the notes at certain places(a lot of work but then you wouldn't have hungry fans asking for DLC)
  • bjordan42bjordan42 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I don't have many qualms with the game, DLC being a major exception, but I have had some thoughts on how to improve the game:

[LIST=1]
    [*]I would suggest an option to save vocal sensitivity settings. I'm usually far away from the mic when I sing, and so I need vocal sensitivity on high; but when I do so, it doesn't save the settings, so every time I start up the game I have to change vocal settings.
    [*]It would be nice if the quickplay order saves, because I prefer to order the songs by album, and when I go to quickplay after starting the game it goes back to the difficulty setting.
    [*]Put "Back in the U.S.S.R." before "Dear Prudence". I have no idea why they put it in that order. Also, it would have been better if they combined The White Album's Disc One and Disc Two; if there's not going to be a White Album DLC, then there's no need to split them up; if there is, then it's going to be difficult to play full album when you cannot select more the one album and must select all thirty songs individually.
    [*]Replace "Good Morning, Good Morning" with "Strawberry Fields Forever". I never liked GMGM, and since there was already a lot of Sgt. Pepper tracks as well as a full album DLC on the way, it would have been better to have instead selected a song from an album with barely any songs, for instance MMT; especially if MMT will not have a full album DLC.
    [/LIST]

That's all my minor quibbles. I love the game as is, and nothing is necessary to improve it more than it already is.
    edited March 2010
    bjordan42;3561435 said:
    Replace "Good Morning, Good Morning" with "Strawberry Fields Forever". I never liked GMGM, and since there was already a lot of Sgt. Pepper tracks as well as a full album DLC on the way, it would have been better to have instead selected a song from an album with barely any songs, for instance MMT; especially if MMT will not have a full album DLC.
    I think GMGM was a very good song choice for the game. It has an awesome Guitar Solo and the drum rocks!
    And if you want to talk about album with barely any songs, ask why Help! only has one song.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    LimaoxD;3561752 said:
    I think GMGM was a very good song choice for the game. It has an awesome Guitar Solo and the drum rocks!
    And if you want to talk about album with barely any songs, ask why Help! only has one song.
    Which, oddly enough, was NOT Help!
  • celtfanceltfan Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    yeah DLC plus 2 Guitars and 1 Bass would be a great addition to the game
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    1) DLC
    2) Rhythm and Lead guitar separation
  • jedicmsjedicms Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I would put in rhythm guitar and take out piano and string sections charted to guitar. There's this groovy little jingle that plays at the end of When I'm 64, but you don't get to play it, and it's the only guitar part in the song. I'd like a more true to the recording of the song experience. If there's no guitar or bass, then players sit one out.

I would also add the other Ed Sullivan sets and the Hollywood Bowl as venues.

I would have icluded a much larger and broader selection of songs.

It's pretty good though; I really like the dates on there, but I'd love to see more DLC.
    edited May 2010
    When playing online, if the leader has to quit then everyone disconnects. How about a feature to pass-the-leader so you can continue to play as a group and just have to find 1 more instead of everyone having to re-find/add/invite.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    - More songs. I'd have loved about 5 more on disc songs.
    - Super Easy Mode.
    - Cool Beatles Trivia on the loading screens.

Honestly, that's about iy.

I won't complain about DLC, because I'm focused on the disk itself, and DLC is technically optional.
    Blasteroids;3555912 said:

1) Fix the switching between bass+guitar scores in quickplay (GH:WT PS3)
    Damn, that's the issue I'm having? That helps a lot.
  • TheBeatleTheBeatle Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I think that the Online Playing should have been different...
    It sux when you are waiting and don't know if there are players...
    I think it could be better if there were rooms you could open , or you could see if there are any rooms to join, uhmm like room games... I hope you understand me... :S

And one important thing -
    More Videos... I can't find myself watching the videos. I think the Albums Doccumentarys must be there.
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Bass groove + overdrive [Edit: Beatlemania] makes some of the notes hard to see.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Sgt Pepper/With A Little Help should be available to play separate. That's my main request.