Temporary fix for UK users getting the Unbuyable Songs glitch

Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
EDIT: IGNORE THIS, IT NO LONGER WORKS. The items have dissapeared from the marketplaces all together (unless you live in the US) making the method unworkable.

Pretty simple really:

1. Set up an Xbox Live SIlver account, but state it is situated in the US.

2. Go into the RBN store with your US account.

The song should have a price on it while you are logged into your US account, but it will become 0 again if you go back to the UK account. So:

3. Download the demo of the song you want through the US account.

4. Go to the UK account. You should be able to access the demo song in Quicklay.

5. Play through the demo, then buy the song at the end.

Simples!

(This was tested by 2 friends of mine that live in the UK. I currently live in the USA, and cannot confirm for myself.)

Comments

• KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Ooo nice thinking!
    Does this count as having been purchased and downloaded by the main UK account? (For DRM reasons when offline or on a different console or whatever)
  • DJPookaDJPooka Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Ooooo.... good call! Might try that tomorrow morning...

(Briefly offtopic - my god, someone else in Bristol who plays rockband!)
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    You can't download the full song from the demo. I've tried with several songs using the method described in the OP.

Also, after trying to DL Mordecai on XBLM for the 50th time, I'm starting to see the "Sorry, this offer is not available in your region, or it may have expired," error screen when I close my eyes. No, Microsoft, you aren't sorry.
  • Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3556253 said:
    You can't download the full song from the demo. I've tried with several songs using the method described in the OP.

Also, after trying to DL Mordecai on XBLM for the 50th time, I'm starting to see the "Sorry, this offer is not available in your region, or it may have expired," error screen when I close my eyes. No, Microsoft, you aren't sorry.
    I'll get them to check again if they get the chance, but i'm pretty sure it worked - They now have Mordecai and DITEPOP.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    This method DOES NOT WORK.

dont waste your time folks.
    edited March 2010
    Nope didn't work for me.
    On the plus side, it does allow us to play the demos.
    I just FC'd the Africa demo on Expert Guitar :D
    DJPooka said:
    (Briefly offtopic - my god, someone else in Bristol who plays rockband!)
    That is actually amazing! Because since I bought RB2 on launch-day, I haven't seen it in any shop in the whole of Bristol. New or pre-owned. They always have RB1, Song Pack 2 and The Beatles. I even asked in GAME at Christmas if they had any RB2 in stock and the girl told me there was no such thing, or it wasn't released yet!

"Are you sure you don't mean the song pack?"
  • RagdollHeroRagdollHero Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3556397 said:
    Nope didn't work for me.
    On the plus side, it does allow us to play the demos.
    I just FC'd the Africa demo on Expert Guitar :D

That is actually amazing! Because since I bought RB2 on launch-day, I haven't seen it in any shop in the whole of Bristol. New or pre-owned. They always have RB1, Song Pack 2 and The Beatles. I even asked in GAME at Christmas if they had any RB2 in stock and the girl told me there was no such thing, or it wasn't released yet!

"Are you sure you don't mean the song pack?"
    They do seem to be a bit uneducated about RB in some of the local shops. But is that maybe partly EA's fault?

Anyway, hopefully they'll have this glitch fixed soon enough.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Hey, another Rock Band Bristolian here!

I tried this trick on launch night but it never worked for me then. If it isn't on your local marketplace, then I think it's impossible to download.
  • Tr1cky TprTr1cky Tpr Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Got them to try it again, and now it seems it isn't working this way either. What appears to have happened is now the item is completely gone from the marketplaces outside of the US, whereas earlier it was there and could be downloaded. Got no idea why it was taken off, though maybe they are fixing it...
    edited March 2010
    Wow, this is almost enough Bristolians for a Rock Band Pub Night somewhere! We just need a pub :P
  • DJPookaDJPooka Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Hatchet or Crown would be the best bet :p
    edited March 2010
    They used to do GH in the Hatchet on Wii. They need to be shown the king of the rhythm game genre!