No activation fill for drums overdrive

CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I just played through Cate Sparks "Whatever Happened To You" on Expert drums (fun track btw!) and towards the end of the song I gained half a gauge of overdrive, but the activation fill never came up. So I ended the song with it mocking me by glowing so bright! :eek:

Not song killing by any means, but I'm just curious if this has this happened to anyone else on drums or mic? Does this happen with the HMX songs also? I find it odd because I've never had it happen before.

Just wondering! :)

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yeah there are actually songs that give you overdrive on the very last note of the song on some instruments.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    CJHobbes;3556892 said:
    I just played through Cate Sparks "Whatever Happened To You" on Expert drums (fun track btw!) and towards the end of the song I gained half a gauge of overdrive, but the activation fill never came up. So I ended the song with it mocking me by glowing so bright! :eek:

Not song killing by any means, but I'm just curious if this has this happened to anyone else on drums or mic? Does this happen with the HMX songs also? I find it odd because I've never had it happen before.

Just wondering! :)
    I assume they forgot to add one near the end and it snuck through peer review/playtest
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    try a different overdrive path, you may have used the wrong one, and if you had the path correct you won't end with overdrive

the only HMX song i know that does this is two weeks by all that remains, but on vocals, there's one last OD phase that's too far away from the last activation to get it with a full bar, and after you do get it there's no other activations till the end
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3556907 said:
    Yeah there are actually songs that give you overdrive on the very last note of the song on some instruments.
    raining blood on GH smashed hits... the 5 colored chord... made me lol
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Nitz13;3556909 said:
    I assume they forgot to add one near the end and it snuck through peer review/playtest
    It's not game breaking so it wouldn't have to sneak through peer review.

This is exactly the type of thing that would be a suggested change in Play Test but would not cause a song to fail Peer Review.

Also, you might still be able to use all the OD. Maybe if they second to last one put you at halfway mark (or added to it) then there would be a fill before the last OD which you could then pick up while still having OD active. Don't know if this is the case, but a definitely possibility.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    something to note about this

1) unison bonus' sometimes youll get one at the end of a song using this, but drums will not be able to benefit from it, this may be the case(i dont know the song your speaking of in specific, but its a possibility) but there probly should have been some sort of fill in there if there was enough time left in the song for it

2) vocals has this in ALOT of songs that HMX has put out, where youll get overdrive but not have anywhere to use it til the song is over. Vocals is a bit harder to be able to do anything about it though as some songs, the vocals dont ever let up enough to let you have a spot to place overdrive.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    That's one thing I've noticed about the RBN tracks, overdrives relatively close to the end of the song. Usually for HMX charts, the last section of overdrive is roughly a little over the entire full bar, once activated, away from the end of the song. RBN tracks though seem to be half a bar usually, which can be tricky on drums since they need fills.

Anyone else noticed this? Or am I crazy about the HMX overdrive use? I can't speak for vocals, but I can't think of any guitar/drum charts that don't follow that basic idea.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3556968 said:
    That's one thing I've noticed about the RBN tracks, overdrives relatively close to the end of the song. Usually for HMX charts, the last section of overdrive is roughly a little over the entire full bar, once activated, away from the end of the song. RBN tracks though seem to be half a bar usually, which can be tricky on drums since they need fills.

Anyone else noticed this? Or am I crazy about the HMX overdrive use? I can't speak for vocals, but I can't think of any guitar/drum charts that don't follow that basic idea.
    thereare many hmx dlc songs that have only had half a bar after overdrive from bass/guitar, cant speak for drums though
    cant think of them off the top of my head either, just know there were a few here and there i remember having to activate right away or i wouldnt get full use out of it by songs end
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I would assume many shorter songs are that way for sure now that I think about it. But in general I like that way of doing it, gives you plenty of time to activate.