Quick Question for any Harmonix Employee

MacaqueOwnzUMacaqueOwnzU Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Me and metalcharter are talking over at Scorehero about getting some more metal bands into RBN the only problem being the name of some of the bands I am wanting to try and get on board such as

Goatwhore
Circle of Dead Children
Dying Fetus
Obituary
Morbid Angel
etc

Question is, are the names okay for Rock Band? I can find songs that have no cussing and are sort of like Cannibal Corpse's song already in Rock Band. SO question is can I pursue e-mailing these bands and try to get them on RBN or are the names to out there. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm hoping for a positive response on this. I've always wanted the band Orgy in the game.
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Can the band names get any more absurd? I've heard of all of the bands you listed, but check these out!

Cystic Dyssentary
    Visceral Bleeding
    Decrepit Skeleton
    Intestine Baalism
    Gory Blister
    Vomit Remnants
    Anal Blast (which I think is my personal favorite)
    Bloodgasm
    Jungle Rot
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    It'd be a case-by-case basis, for sure. I'm sure you could use Morbid Angel or Obituary, but Dying Fetus seems dangerous. In other words, use your best judgment about the potential offensiveness of a band name.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I think if it comes down to it, you might be able to censor the band name like they did with Serj's song Beethoven's C***
  • MacaqueOwnzUMacaqueOwnzU Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3557206 said:
    I think if it comes down to it, you might be able to censor the band name like they did with Serj's song Beethoven's C***
    Very true, but that may turn some bands off. I for one am not charting this and would just be trying to get the bands involved. Hopefully Harmonix is just worried about album art and songs themselves. But we shall see.
  • chimaira546chimaira546 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Please get goatwhore and dying fetus i would love some in rock band!