Tell everyone about your RBN Gems!

ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Everyone knows Drunken Lullabies, PP (LL) and Mordecai are awesome.

But, what about those other songs no one have heard about?

Post your your RBN gems here, and tell everyone about that awesome song they haven't heard of yet!

My gems:

Destructive Device by Mindflow
Second Best Friend by The Nebraska Sailing Authority
Africa by Quartered

Your turn :)

Comments

• cristo4cristo4 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Ikea by Jonathan Coulton, the first JoCo dlc song that is actually fun on guitar :eek:
  • prhs2057prhs2057 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Horses In Heaven- Fake Shark-Real Zombie! Fun on drums!
    Limousine- Stars of Boulevard Pretty fun song for the whole band
    Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse- Of Montreal Decent on drums, but I do enjoy their sound the most out of all the rbn bands so..
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Indigo Friends - Reverend Horton Heat

Only problem with that tracks is it seems it wasn't officially released and I ended up getting it through the xbox.com site download. Still love it though.

Children of December is a good mellow song. If you like Even Rats, you should drop the extra $1 for this.

Others I've liked are: He Sleeps in a Grove, and Fight Back. Though I haven't actually purchased them yet.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Moonboy by the Dirty Love Band
    -It's got a really strangely fun chord progression on guitar. I haven't played the bass, drums or vocals yet. I think this is one of my favorite chord-based songs of all time, actually. It helped that SHPhr34k's brother's in this band, ahaha.

Trippolette by Andrew-Buch (of course)
    -What can I say? Crazy hammer-on chords, epic bass, crazy drums... This is a creation from the dark ages of rhythm gaming, and I love it! Especially those hammer-on chords during the verses(?)

Tongue Twister Typo by BLACKMARKET.
    -I don't even know! It's just so catchy! The drums sound like they'd be fun, too, but I haven't played it on anything asides from guitar yet.

No Direction by Longwave
    -Same as above! It's a great tune, and a killer guitar solo! Props for making the jump into RBN, you guys. ^^
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    Turn Yourself Around is my current happy song. It's so infectious I can't stop playing it.

And I completely forgot it was in Tap Tap.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Mordecai isnt awesome. But Sissyfuss and Heist are.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Amberain Dawn - He Sleeps in a Grove and Liverpool Judies are both great on drums.
  • barnabyjones786barnabyjones786 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Ox-Zack Wilson!!!

its so fun to sing!
    I-
    Can-
    Be-
    Strong-
    As-
    An-
    OX-------
  • tuck420tuck420 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    One I haven't seen mentioned much is Voodoo Pharmacology's Minnesota. It's not terribly hard but it is fun on drums. It reminds me of Stone Temple Pilots. I also have to add in the drum tracks for most of The Main Drag. What else... All of these I recommend on drums:
    Nebraska Sailing Authority - Second Best Friend
    Longwave - No Direction
    Quartered - Africa
    Lead The Dead - Rip'er
    Alias Unknown - Top Back
    Dear & the Headlights - Talk About
    Fake Shark Real Zombies - Angel Lust
    The Slip - Children of December
    Mindflow - Destructive Device
    The Amberian Dawn tracks

So yea, lots of good stuff out there. And still more I haven't even tried out yet.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The Main Drag - How We'd Look on Paper
    The Main Drag - Talk Them Down
    James William Roy - Paper Valentines
    Bill Bruford's Earthworks - Footloose and Fancy Free

I'm sure I'll update this list once I stock up on more MSP. The RBN is killing my wallet!
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    tuck420;3561169 said:
    One I haven't seen mentioned much is Voodoo Pharmacology's Minnesota. It's not terribly hard but it is fun on drums.
    This. I've been pushing Minnesota everywhere I could since it came out, it's really a fun track that isn't getting enough love imo.
  • FatPants77FatPants77 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    broncosfan06;3560526 said:
    Alias Unknown - Top Back (actually really fun in the game with kick ass drums)
    Ballyhoo! - Cali Girl (finally some reggae.....and a great guitar solo too this is a really awesome song)
    World Minus One - Still Alive (female vocals, awesome rock song, some pretty sweet hopo sections on guitar)
    Quartered - Africa (drums = AMAZING, guitar = AMAZING, bass = VERY AMAZING, vocals = AMAZING.......the best full band song in rbn so far...a great great song)
    Free Spirit - Far Away From Heaven (reminds me of an 80s hair metal power ballad almost......a really awesome song)
    MC Frontalot - Goth Girls (the guitar part is pretty sweet and the vocal part is so much fun......best vocal song in rbn so far)
    Thanks a lot for your write-ups for why you like each song. Very helpful!

I agree with you on the Ballyhoo! song -- my favorite RBN song so far.

I'm looking forward to checking out Free Spirit and Quartered this weekend.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    FatPants77;3561357 said:
    Thanks a lot for your write-ups for why you like each song. Very helpful!

I agree with you on the Ballyhoo! song -- my favorite RBN song so far.

I'm looking forward to checking out Free Spirit and Quartered this weekend.
    hey no problem.....i might do somethin like that for my picks every week.....theres so many songs in RBN its easy to miss some really good ones

Cali Girl is a great song........iirc Ballyhoo has more coming.....dont mark me on that though.....there are so many bands in PT/PR its hard to remember haha
  • DJPookaDJPooka Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I dunno why but I love Tadpole Search And Rescue....
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Aside from Code Monkey, The Future Soon is a great tune. The vocals are typical JoCo with a hint of romance behind some good humor.

Also, Top Back and Fight Back will be added to my collection at some point...once I've gotten some more points.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    megatron!

also:-

africa
    he sleeps in a grove
    a drug against war
    descent into the eternal blah blah etc etc (man that tune is crazy)
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    the complexity of light - children of nova
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    TheUnrivaled;3562124 said:
    the complexity of light - children of nova
    very much so, forgot to include that in my list but its a cracking tune
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    haha very cracking
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    HeyRiles;3560604 said:
    Genius is pretty sick. Be sure to check out the Fake Shark-Real Zombie! tracks too, if you're into Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Which era RHCP are they like, the more punk version like they were before Blood Sugar Sex Magik, or the more alternative version like now?
    T-Hybrid;3561560 said:
    Aside from Code Monkey, The Future Soon is a great tune. The vocals are typical JoCo with a hint of romance behind some good humor.
    I still love The Future Soon, but honestly, it's my least favorite of all the JoCo songs in Rock Band. Here's the order I'd place the RBN JoCo songs, with the first being my number 1 favorite:

Creepy Doll
    Ikea (yes, I know... but it's hilarious)
    Code Monkey
    The Future Soon
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3562163 said:
    Which era RHCP are they like, the more punk version like they were before Blood Sugar Sex Magik, or the more alternative version like now?
    Angel Lust has a little bit of a post-BSSM feel to it, I think. Not so much Freaky Styley. Horses in Heaven's got a different sound altogether, except maybe in the chorus vocals.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I don't know how famous they are, but Suicide Silence - Disengaged is a really fun drum chart without being extremely hard. I think devil is a bit overteired. I'm thinking 5 dots instead of devil, but still insanely fun song to play.
  • 22harp2222harp22 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I'm surprised no one's said Rx or Hyperbole, those seem like they would be pretty popular with the RB community. I also enjoy the obvious PP(LL), Drunken Lullabies, etc., but have yet to buy or preview any as I am too lazy...
  • RingoStaarRingoStaar Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Were tra-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ash

That and Africa are awesome!
  • HDShadowHDShadow Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Angel Lust by Fake Shark - Real Zombie is pretty fun. It does have that BSSM RHCP feel to it.

Just bought Africa by Quartered because of this thread, not regretting that.

Also, as I've said a billion times already around the internet; The Complexity of Light by Children of Nova has to be one of the best $2 spent on Rock Band yet. I was so happy to have that song on there finally.
  • TroodonTroodon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Not including the songs everybody heard about, songs I've found that I never heard of (often never heard of the artist/band either) before I found them in RBN:

"Stegosaurus Song" by Eric Harm: Easy song but fun, especially to sing. Sounds like something The Grateful Dead or Phish would have come up with.

"The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)" by Flight of the Conchords: Hilarious lyrics.

"Too Hot to Handle" by Carl Douglas: I knew of Carl Douglas solely for "Kung Fu Fighting," thought he was pretty much a one hit wonder, but this song is awesome. Rock Band could use more funk like this.

"VP of Booty Reports" and "Grumpytown" by Speck: Never heard of them before hearing "Conventional Lover" in RB2. Both funny songs on vocals.

"Upstream" by Cory Wong: First guitar only song. Fun to play.

"Moonshine Hollar" by Zach Wilson: Hilarious vocals, and fun to play on any instrument.
  • edited April 2010
    vedis;3560512 said:
    My personal buys that i found to be awesome
    the songs by Scratching the Itch
    Obviously very late to the party. Haven't been on the main RB boards all that much.

Thank you so much, Vedis! More are on the way. Hope you enjoy those too.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited April 2010
    Doomsday Party by Sybreed - This song is straight up awesome. Very static-x meets techno sound. Give it a demo if you like the harder style of music. You won't be sorry.

Sick by Bif Naked - Another really fun song. It's not difficult, but it does get your head bobbing along to the beat when you're playing.

Home by Fear without Reason - Very Creed sounding chorus line, and a solid slower song. If you're a fan of Creed give this one a demo.

Rx by Wounded Soul - Kick ass female fronted metal. What more do you need to know?

There's dozens more, and I'll list them out in sections every few days. That way this post isn't a wall of text that makes you go cross eyed ;)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3561295 said:
    This. I've been pushing Minnesota everywhere I could since it came out, it's really a fun track that isn't getting enough love imo.
    I've been pushing it too, though obviously I'm a touch biased about it.... ;)

Good news is, the band's happy with how it's performing so we're looking at doing another track with them in the near future. I'm told one they have in mind is a lot tougher.
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing Mordecai is a gem because it's "BTBAM". Well if I had Mordecai, it'd be a gem for me also.