no hope of RBN songs to be on the music store?

besitzenbesitzen Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was just wondering if that a song is in the RBN, does that mean HMX won't make it for the music store? Because I havE seen some great songs on there but refuse to buy because of the crappy MP3 sound to it. I was also wondering does a band like FFDP being on RBN only , mean it will only be an RBN exclusive?

Comments

• JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited March 2010
    MP3 sound? I'm confused. All the songs I've bought sound perfect. The songs were made from masters provided by the artists? How are they different?

However, to answer your question...I'm gonna say no. Why the hell would HMX waste time remaking what is already available?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Jixzer;3560920 said:
    MP3 sound? I'm confused.
    He thinks the preview sounds like the actualsong.

Maybe he should try downloading the demo and listening to it
  • SemiDetachedSemiDetached Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Are you talking about the sound quality of the preview clips? The songs sound much better than the previews.

Just download the free demo for any of the songs you are interested in and you'll be check out what they actually sound like in game.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The RBN songs sound like everything else in the game.

The preview is lower quality... only the preview.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited March 2010
    Ah, not confused anymore. :)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Except for the fact that Little Black Backpack and a few of Wavegroup's other songs have terrible sound mixing, the RBN songs do sound just as good as any HMX mixed songs.

The previews, on the other hand, sound like butt on a stick. As Ehfaq said, play the demo of the song, not the preview.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Can't imagine that HMX would ever duplicate the efforts of the RBN. What a slap in the face, right?

Fortunately, your issues with the sound appear to be unfounded/fixable.

It's actually this very situation that has the "10+ minute" folks like myself slightly on edge. Would we rather just take a version edited down to 10 minutes in RBN, which presumably we could have sooner and potentially at all, or would we rather hold out with a prayer that the full versions of our epic requests finally come through official DLC?

If it comes to RBN first, it's not like the RBDLC version will be close behind.

(Digression over).
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3561103 said:
    Except for the fact that Little Black Backpack and a few of Wavegroup's other songs have terrible sound mixing, the RBN songs do sound just as good as any HMX mixed songs.
    This.......I was pretty disappointed in the Stroke 9 songs and the Horton Heat song......the rest of the WaveGroup songs sound like HMX though
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure about the Horton Heat song, but the Stroke 9 my just have something to do with the re-record.
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    All of the tracks that I've bought to-date sound great.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I think Harmonix needs to work on the RBN bit more, there are a couple things wrong with it still (nothing major though. But remember it just came out, so they should still be working out bugs and stuff. They need to increase the preview quality to AT LEAST 320kbps, and add a lot more ways to search like by price, and view all at once.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    People are saying one of the Steve Vai songs sound muddy too. I am sure the Stroke 9 songs have nothing to do with the rerecord because they could just boost the vocal tracks in that case. It's definitely in the mixing.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3561103 said:

The previews, on the other hand, sound like butt on a stick. As Ehfaq said, play the demo of the song, not the preview.
    This pissed me off a lot. Little Black Backpack was the song I was looking forward to more than any of them, and to even hear what the hell I was playing I had to turn the volume way up.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    GeneralGilliam;3561458 said:
    I think Harmonix needs to work on the RBN bit more, there are a couple things wrong with it still (nothing major though. But remember it just came out, so they should still be working out bugs and stuff. They need to increase the preview quality to AT LEAST 320kbps, and add a lot more ways to search like by price, and view all at once.
    FYI: HMX has identified the issue with the previews and are looking to fix it.

The view all at once won't happen. The store was designed for perfomance with the magnitude of songs RBN might soon have.

There will never be more than 100 songs in any one list. Once a category is larger than 100 it gets broken into sub-menus (1-100, 101-200, 201-222, for example). This design means that a giant honkin' list of songs is not practical, so we decided to approach the songs via filters that would give the player targeted choices about what they want to find.
    To me, the best way to get a view of all songs is go by language -> english. As of right now that gives you all of them but one, broken down in 100 song chunks of course.