Stick Stickly Vocals

sieesiee Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Why god WHYYYYYYYYY did they have to be broken?!

I see all these people complaining about drums but did the reviewers even CHECK the whole of this song on vocals? It's fine up until the "techno" part lmao.

Ahhh man I was really looking forward to this song, it's just like the Blondie vocals.

Comments

  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I played this song about 1000 times so far, the vocals are fine.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3561648 said:
    I played this song about 1000 times so far, the vocals are fine.
    Please tell me the secret to that part. :D

    Is it low pitch/high pitch?
    I've tried it like 10 times now and I can 100% the entire song except that damn part.

    It goes something like "This is the time to let yourself go, lord pick me off the ground"
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    It's actually a bit lower than it sounds with the effects and what not. It's tricky to hit sometimes because it SOUNDS wrong. Once you're hitting though, it will sound right :)
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This is not the first song to have weird parts like that.

    It took me forever to find the right vocal sounds for the pre-chorus in the Chiodos song.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    siee;3561646 said:
    Why god WHYYYYYYYYY did they have to be broken?!

    I see all these people complaining about drums but did the reviewers even CHECK the whole of this song on vocals? It's fine up until the "techno" part lmao.

    Ahhh man I was really looking forward to this song, it's just like the Blondie vocals.
    The vocals in that section are harmonized. In this case the higher part is what's charted, and you're probably trying to sing the lower part. Try following the note tubes and use the arrow to find the pitch. I'm sure you'll get it after a couple tries.

    As is the case with many songs that have harmonies, different people will have a different perception of what the melody is. Especially if you've known a song for a long time and sing along with it in your car a certain way, and then when you play it in the game the vocal chart follows the "other" part. That doesn't mean the chart is "broken". :)

    Also, what's wrong with Blondie?
  • GurnKillerGurnKiller Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3561771 said:
    Also, what's wrong with Blondie?
    OWOA. Also... HI TED! :D
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    GurnKiller;3561776 said:
    OWOA. Also... HI TED! :D
    Yeah, OWOA is DEFINITELY broken. I've not practiced this enough to have known that for certain but now my Q has been A'd so that's it I suppose.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3561771 said:
    As is the case with many songs that have harmonies, different people will have a different perception of what the melody is. Especially if you've known a song for a long time and sing along with it in your car a certain way, and then when you play it in the game the vocal chart follows the "other" part.
    Seemingly all the Alice in Chains DLC is this way for me! #$&*#$*&! :p

    - m
  • bierfahtbierfaht Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    the charting is not broken.

    the song is broken; it is just that atrociously awful

    /crab-cores off of the nearest cliff....
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    bierfaht;3561902 said:
    /crab-cores off of the nearest cliff....
    lmfao
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Lol, I'm getting the song more for novelty value. That way when friends come over we can crabcore it up and be total losers. Its just to entertaining
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I wonder what would have happened if they never remade the video. There was no "crabcore" in the original.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Then there would be no crabcore jokes. The song however, would still be terrible.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    CloudWolf;3562558 said:
    Then there would be no crabcore jokes. The song however, would still be terrible.

    I'm so glad I just learned about crabcore. Yay internet
  • Erra93Erra93 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I actually like this song.. xD
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    To think, the good name of Stick Stickly is being drug through the mud because of this song. :mad:


    R.I.P. Stick Stickly. :( You made my afternoon viewings of Nickelodeon fun.

    P.S.: We need the REAL tribute to Stick Stickly on RBN.


    We miss you Stick.
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    that's what these christian metalcore bands do, ruin the names of good things

    look at all of the stuff devil wears prada has ruined. the office, rugrats. christ.
  • SteverXiiiSteverXiii Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Lol guys check out the video to the song. Crabcore
    XD
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Man harmonies stink. I may hear one singer but the author charts a different singer because that's what he hears

    It's screwed me up countless times on Bounce and Pinball Wizard
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I still can't get "Pinball Wizard" :(

    I figured out "Bounce" sorta, but it's still hard to nail
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited March 2010
    HeyRiles;3564097 said:
    Man harmonies stink. I may hear one singer but the author charts a different singer because that's what he hears
    It's not "that's what he hears", it's "that's what's in the vocals stem".

    If you ever have a hard time figuring out a part with harmonies, try going into your audio settings and turning down the backing tracks volume. The next time you play it it should clear any confusion over the authored part right up, assuming the vocals stem doesn't have multiple singers in it.
  • wurstywursty Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Vedicardi;3563827 said:
    that's what these christian metalcore bands do, ruin the names of good things

    look at all of the stuff devil wears prada has ruined. the office, rugrats. christ.
    Hahaha, I lol'd so hard
  • slashfan7964slashfan7964 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Vedicardi;3563827 said:
    that's what these christian metalcore bands do, ruin the names of good things

    look at all of the stuff devil wears prada has ruined. the office, rugrats. christ.
    lolvedi you suck so much
Sign In or Register to comment.