How often does the RBN update?

mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I read online that the network is updated every day but last week I remember it updated up until friday then it took a break from saturday until monday or tuesday and it updated (i think 2 times in the next 2 days) then nothing all of a sudden.

Also (Just getting this out there, maybe someone will read it and update it) I dislike browsing the network. I think it was a bad decision to have separate categories by letters. When I go to see if there are any new songs and I see the number has jumped up by 6 I then have to go through each letter and scroll to the bottom of the list. Sometimes I get lucky and see what new songs they added other times I have to make my way through the whole alphabet. At the moment its not a huge problem but in a year or so I could see it becoming a pain. When the number of songs is up to 1000+ who wants to spend their time scrolling through the whole alphabet and their own lists to find what new songs they added. - IMO

But so far the network is awesome would never have expected KMFDM. Now I'm eagerly awaiting Ministry

Comments

• LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    The in-game store only seems to update once every several days. However, new songs are added to the marketplace online each day, so you can follow them in this thread: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184883 or the music page itself (sort by "added"): http://www.rockband.com/music/songs
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    If the pattern remains it seems the HMX waits until there are ten new songs ready before hitting the update button for the in game store.

But as Luigi pointed out you can click on the songs thread to find them as soon as they are available.
  • sdurschsdursch Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    mayhem117;3562775 said:
    When I go to see if there are any new songs and I see the number has jumped up by 6 I then have to go through each letter and scroll to the bottom of the list.
    From the main page of RBN, the top choice is the top 10 section. One of the sub-menus from there is the 10 most recent releases. Barring there have been more than 10 songs released since your last visit to the store, all the new stuff will be there.
  • nightsx2nightsx2 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    noble;3563315 said:
    If the pattern remains it seems the HMX waits until there are ten new songs ready before hitting the update button for the in game store.
    This week, in the official store, we got 9 songs on Tuesday and 7 songs on Wednesday...and that was it. There's songs that have been in limbo as unofficial web-only releases for over a week already...and then there was the Blondie fiasco. The entire updating process just seems sloppy at this point...but hopefully Harmonix is working out the kinks in the system.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    nightsx2;3563613 said:
    This week, in the official store, we got 9 songs on Tuesday and 7 songs on Wednesday...and that was it. There's songs that have been in limbo as unofficial web-only releases for over a week already...and then there was the Blondie fiasco. The entire updating process just seems sloppy at this point...but hopefully Harmonix is working out the kinks in the system.
    that blondie fiasco is why you should not get the songs until they are officialy released on the store
    just cuz they are on the webpage doesnt mean they are official yet and people doing these workarounds to get them should be very careful about it
    the webpage however is a nice notice as to whats about to come out imo
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3563631 said:
    that blondie fiasco is why you should not get the songs until they are officialy released on the store
    just cuz they are on the webpage doesnt mean they are official yet and people doing these workarounds to get them should be very careful about it
    the webpage however is a nice notice as to whats about to come out imo
    Did Blondie ever make it to the webpage though? I didn't think it did and the only reason people found it was by searching xbox.com. I could be wrong though.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3563651 said:
    Did Blondie ever make it to the webpage though? I didn't think it did and the only reason people found it was by searching xbox.com. I could be wrong though.
    i thought it did and thats how people got it

if it did in fact not, then i stand corrected

but i still stand by my statement in not taking chances til its 100% official