So when will RBN be open for the rest of us??

RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Title says it all.... Im from Denmark. No RBN yet. Anyone knows when it will become available?

Comments

  • SteverXiiiSteverXiii Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    join the club. I doubt RBN will be out for the rest of us.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Whenever Microsoft XNA supports selling content to your country, in this case Denmark.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3563393 said:
    Whenever Microsoft XNA supports selling content to your country, in this case Denmark.
    I already got an XNA account
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    SteverXiii;3563385 said:
    join the club. I doubt RBN will be out for the rest of us.
    what country are you from?
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    RHCP_Flea;3563396 said:
    I already got an XNA account
    It has nothing to do with you getting an XNA account. Only countries where Microsoft allows the sale of content off of XNA can purchase songs off of RBN, since it is built on XNA.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3563404 said:
    It has nothing to do with you getting an XNA account. Only countries where Microsoft allows the sale of content off of XNA can purchase songs off of RBN, since it is built on XNA.
    Ah okay. well... that kinda sucks lolol ^^
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited March 2010
    I'm interested in the plans to evenly distribute the songs to other platforms, personally.

    It seems my fellow PS3ers and Wii friends have all but abandoned trying to get more information.

    I didn't care much before because it was an "indie" thing, but look at the band names with songs out there, it's becoming scary to think we have to wait for hand-picked selections and currently have no timeline on that actually happening.
  • edited March 2010
    Being from Denmark aswell I can relate to your frustration. It's not really Harmonix' fault though, so if I'm breaking some of their forum rules now I apologize.

    But I got it working by making an amarican hotmail and live account and then purchasing points off of ebay.

    It's not too hard but if you need any help feel free to ask, I'll respond as soon as posssible.

    (edit:spelling)
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    DoILookFatInThese;3565121 said:
    Being from Denmark aswell I can relate to your frustration. It's not really Harmonix' fault though, so if I'm breaking some of their forum rules now I apologize.

    But I got it working by making an amarican hotmail and live account and then purchasing points off of ebay.

    It's not too hard but if you need any help feel free to ask, I'll respond as soon as I posssible.
    Har du adgang til RBN nu s
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The thing that worries me is that XNA has been around since late 2007 yet it hasn't expanded it's number of countries much at all. Makes it seem like RBN being available in more countries could take a very long time or not happen at all.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3566136 said:
    The thing that worries me is that XNA has been around since late 2007 yet it hasn't expanded it's number of countries much at all. Makes it seem like RBN being available in more countries could take a very long time or not happen at all.
    OH NOES! You come with bad news :(
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3566136 said:
    The thing that worries me is that XNA has been around since late 2007 yet it hasn't expanded it's number of countries much at all. Makes it seem like RBN being available in more countries could take a very long time or not happen at all.
    And sometimes there are local laws that prevent certain types of sales. Or at least makes it more restrictive than they'd like.
  • edited March 2010
    [QUOTE=RHCP_Flea;3566121]Har du adgang til RBN nu s
  • ZmsZms Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    DoILookFatInThese;3565121 said:
    But I got it working by making an amarican hotmail and live account and then purchasing points off of ebay.
    Have you tried playing them signed in to your DK account? Aren't DLC region locked?
  • edited March 2010
    Zms;3567075 said:
    Have you tried playing them signed in to your DK account? Aren't DLC region locked?
    Yeah they work fine with my regular DK account. The American one doesn't have to be logged in or anything, it just needs to buy the songs.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    DoILookFatInThese;3567083 said:
    Yeah they work fine with my regular DK account. The American one doesn't have to be logged in or anything, it just needs to buy the songs.
    S
  • edited March 2010
    Yep, bortset fra at jeg ikke tror man kan lave en amerikansk acc p
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    [QUOTE=DoILookFatInThese;3567598]Yep, bortset fra at jeg ikke tror man kan lave en amerikansk acc p
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Flawless;3563448 said:
    I'm interested in the plans to evenly distribute the songs to other platforms, personally.

    It seems my fellow PS3ers and Wii friends have all but abandoned trying to get more information.

    I didn't care much before because it was an "indie" thing, but look at the band names with songs out there, it's becoming scary to think we have to wait for hand-picked selections and currently have no timeline on that actually happening.
    I haven't abandoned all hope yet. I just don't know how to say what I feel about RBN. I don't want to come across like I'm complaining or whining cause I know I'll be WTFBBQ'd by trolls. Flame wars will ensue. I think most of us are holding back because of the possible fallout.

    I can't speak for all of us but I think there is a sense of alienation. Wii and PS3 users (and a lot of PAL territories) make up a large population of RB owners and we've been shut out in the cold on this. I understand that the 30 day exclusive MS has is still counting down but we get so little info from anyone at HMX about what's going on, it's hard not to think the worse.
  • edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3568048 said:
    I haven't abandoned all hope yet. I just don't know how to say what I feel about RBN. I don't want to come across like I'm complaining or whining cause I know I'll be WTFBBQ'd by trolls. Flame wars will ensue. I think most of us are holding back because of the possible fallout.

    I can't speak for all of us but I think there is a sense of alienation. Wii and PS3 users (and a lot of PAL territories) make up a large population of RB owners and we've been shut out in the cold on this. I understand that the 30 day exclusive MS has is still counting down but we get so little info from anyone at HMX about what's going on, it's hard not to think the worse.
    I'm sure there'll be some info when everything is set in stone... HMX usually waits with posting timelines until everything is ironed out. But PS3 and Wii users certainly haven't been forgotten, from what little I know (and as a PS3 user with a keen interest in a lot of RBN bands, I care about this a lot).

    As for my Danish friends in here, unless you're speaking in your own language for ease of communication, feel free to switch to English... because I'll admit that after years of disuse since university my Danish is too rusty to form any sentence beyond the level of 'jeg kan snakke Dansk', my passive knowledge of the language is still fine and I can follow your entire conversation without any difficulties. ;)
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited March 2010
    onduvalst;3568048 said:
    I haven't abandoned all hope yet. I just don't know how to say what I feel about RBN. I don't want to come across like I'm complaining or whining cause I know I'll be WTFBBQ'd by trolls. Flame wars will ensue. I think most of us are holding back because of the possible fallout.

    I can't speak for all of us but I think there is a sense of alienation. Wii and PS3 users (and a lot of PAL territories) make up a large population of RB owners and we've been shut out in the cold on this. I understand that the 30 day exclusive MS has is still counting down but we get so little info from anyone at HMX about what's going on, it's hard not to think the worse.
    I agree with you. If you post anything negative about your feelings on the situation, you'll be assailed with horrible spelling, worse grammar and anything but what we might be hoping to hear. However, we Wii and PS3 users are getting a lesser experience, and little information (which is all too common for Rockband fans). It's hard not to develop some hard feelings about the game.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3568082 said:
    I'm sure there'll be some info when everything is set in stone... HMX usually waits with posting timelines until everything is ironed out. But PS3 and Wii users certainly haven't been forgotten, from what little I know (and as a PS3 user with a keen interest in a lot of RBN bands, I care about this a lot).

    As for my Danish friends in here, unless you're speaking in your own language for ease of communication, feel free to switch to English... because I'll admit that after years of disuse since university my Danish is too rusty to form any sentence beyond the level of 'jeg kan snakke Dansk', my passive knowledge of the language is still fine and I can follow your entire conversation without any difficulties. ;)
    OH NO! Our cover has been blown :)
    And wow XD someone from Belgium speaking Danish?? :D funfunfun
  • edited March 2010
    RHCP_Flea;3568120 said:
    OH NO! Our cover has been blown :)
    And wow XD someone from Belgium speaking Danish?? :D funfunfun
    Someone from Holland, living in Belgium, who speaks English, German, Danish and French and has a basic knowledge of Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian and Russian (although the latter is very, very rusty). I'm pretty much the RB moderation team's foreign language division. :D


    As for the PS3/Wii situation, do remember that there are bad eggs on both sides of the fence. For every user who might jump on anyone expressing worry about the PS3/Wii side of things, there is also PS3/Wii who stomps in and starts a new thread about console discrimination without looking up why RBN is an X-box only thing right now in the first place (and among those, there are some who will downright dismiss any reason that is given). As always, I urge everyone to stay civil on the matter, and to report any posts that cross the line. But certainly don't feel like you can't post any reservations you might have as someone who doesn't have RBN access yet.
  • RHCP_FleaRHCP_Flea Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3568225 said:
    Someone from Holland, living in Belgium, who speaks English, German, Danish and French and has a basic knowledge of Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian and Russian (although the latter is very, very rusty). I'm pretty much the RB moderation team's foreign language division. :D


    As for the PS3/Wii situation, do remember that there are bad eggs on both sides of the fence. For every user who might jump on anyone expressing worry about the PS3/Wii side of things, there is also PS3/Wii who stomps in and starts a new thread about console discrimination without looking up why RBN is an X-box only thing right now in the first place (and among those, there are some who will downright dismiss any reason that is given). As always, I urge everyone to stay civil on the matter, and to report any posts that cross the line. But certainly don't feel like you can't post any reservations you might have as someone who doesn't have RBN access yet.
    First of all - O.O?
    (well... not really suprised... Dutch is kinda like German, French and english put together XD... still impressive tho)

    Secondly - this thread was not really about PS3/Wii users and their lack of RBN access... but more about ppl with the XBOX from countries outside of the US/Canada/UK. (and maybe some other countries)
    This thread was never intended to bash Harmonix or anything ^^
    And the conversation i had on danish was not about bashing Harmonix either :)
    The thread will continue on english from now on tho ;)
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3568225 said:
    Someone from Holland, living in Belgium, who speaks English, German, Danish and French and has a basic knowledge of Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian and Russian (although the latter is very, very rusty). I'm pretty much the RB moderation team's foreign language division. :D
    Yeah, you've beat me. Only speak English, Spanish, a fair bit of French and Japanese, and pretty poor Italian, Portuguese, German (still teaching myself it, though), and Albanian.
  • edited March 2010
    RHCP_Flea;3568235 said:

    Secondly - this thread was not really about PS3/Wii users and their lack of RBN access... but more about ppl with the XBOX from countries outside of the US/Canada/UK. (and maybe some other countries)
    This thread was never intended to bash Harmonix or anything ^^
    And the conversation i had on danish was not about bashing Harmonix either :)
    I know you weren't bashing, it was just a general comment towards another poster who had (rightfully) pointed out that those of us who don't have RBN access yet, regardless of what console we have, sometimes get unjustly demonized for being a bit miffed about this.

    Unfortunately, your own situation is pretty much out of HMX' hands, since only Microsoft can implement full XNA access to countries. Belgium and Holland are in the same boat as Denmark, and will have to use the workaround you were discussing as well.

    A similar workaround has been in place for European PS3 users who imported RB and need to access the US store, and conversation about that has always been allowed on this forum as well, so I see no reason not to allow it for foreign Xbox users and RBN.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Køb US points via. nettet, opret en US gamertag og køb ;)

    Så nemt er det.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm really excited about some of the bands over on RBN and I hope that April will bring some of the first songs over to PS3 and Wii. I understand why it's on Xbox. I just don't like the wait. ;)
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3568322 said:
    I know you weren't bashing, it was just a general comment towards another poster who had (rightfully) pointed out that those of us who don't have RBN access yet, regardless of what console we have, sometimes get unjustly demonized for being a bit miffed about this.

    Unfortunately, your own situation is pretty much out of HMX' hands, since only Microsoft can implement full XNA access to countries. Belgium and Holland are in the same boat as Denmark, and will have to use the workaround you were discussing as well.

    A similar workaround has been in place for European PS3 users who imported RB and need to access the US store, and conversation about that has always been allowed on this forum as well, so I see no reason not to allow it for foreign Xbox users and RBN.
    There is a subtle difference between asking a question (even if the answer is easy to find), getting a disappointing answer, and posting the equivalent of 'oh well' and starting out in an accusatory position and refusing to acknowledge the facts behind it all.

    Ultimately, as unfair as the limited availability of RBN to the 360 is (or at least seems), the only other real option right now is to not have it at all and rely on the 'old way' of getting DLC into the game. And that would basically restrict who could end up with their songs in the game. Where we are know is just the beginning. Over time the situation should hopefully become more widespread and that includes parity on the PS3 and Wii.
  • edited March 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3568509 said:
    There is a subtle difference between asking a question (even if the answer is easy to find), getting a disappointing answer, and posting the equivalent of 'oh well' and starting out in an accusatory position and refusing to acknowledge the facts behind it all.
    Absolutely. That's why, as a general rule, the former stay open and the latter get locked pretty quickly. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.