3eb: When can we expect it?

BigDamnHeroBigDamnHero Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
You have no idea how excited I am to get my hands on these (even if they are re-records) but when can we expect them? I did hear that they were in review/testing? Is that right? What's the turnover to it becoming available for dl?

I'm so looking forward to all the songs... I think the first I'll play will probably be motorcycle drive-by :)

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    well "Semi-Charmed Life '09" is in peer review, so I guess we'll see how that goes
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Man, seems so many songs are stuck in Peer Review. How many reviews do all these need?
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3563390 said:
    Man, seems so many songs are stuck in Peer Review. How many reviews do all these need?
    A song requires 8 positive peer reviews to pass. There are cases where tracks are promoted early and there are still errors though. In those cases, the song has to be taken down, fixed, and put back up so they start at 0% again for the new version.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3563399 said:
    A song requires 8 positive peer reviews to pass. There are cases where tracks are promoted early and there are still errors though. In those cases, the song has to be taken down, fixed, and put back up so they start at 0% again for the new version.
    That seems needlessly punishing, and unfair to both the artist and the reviewers. Any idea whose rule that is, and if it's possible to drop it?
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3563403 said:
    That seems needlessly punishing, and unfair to both the artist and the reviewers. Any idea whose rule that is, and if it's possible to drop it?
    If there are errors then the track has to be failed. If it is failed changes have to be made. And if any changes where made, the track needs to be reviewed again. Not sure there could be a better system. There could be better handling of when songs go to PR since it seems a lot of people put their songs there when they are not ready for it.

I believe the system is MS's XNA review process, but I'm not sure.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3563411 said:
    If there are errors then the track has to be failed. If it is failed changes have to be made. And if any changes where made, the track needs to be reviewed again. Not sure there could be a better system. There could be better handling of when songs go to PR since it seems a lot of people put their songs there when they are not ready for it.

I believe the system is MS's XNA review process, but I'm not sure.
    How are people putting their songs into PR before they're ready, just out of curiosity? Does a song have to "pass" playtesting before PR, or is it possible to just go straight to PR without preliminary testing?
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, the system is good that way. The tracks that mostly have to worry about that are tracks that didn't spend enough time in playtesting.

Technically you can skip playtesting but you can expect a swift FAIL in peer review.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3563414 said:
    How are people putting their songs into PR before they're ready, just out of curiosity? Does a song have to "pass" playtesting before PR, or is it possible to just go straight to PR without preliminary testing?
    There is no requirement on how long they stay in Play Testing, but I have yet to see a song go directly into PR unless it was a mistake by a new person not knowing where to put it.

Some songs spend a couple days in there, get tons of reviews and move on. Some go through 3-4 rounds of playtest at 2 weeks a pop. Either way the song can still be unready.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3563403 said:
    its actualy not unfair at all

its the author who promotes it, if they didnt promote it before it was properly tested to having no errors, it would not be an issue.
    But some people get a tad impatient and put it in peer review before its ready.