Why do the song samples in RBN Music Store sound so horrible?

nanowerxnanowerx Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I wasn't sure if this has been addressed before, I searched and came up with nothing.

I don't know why, but it seems like all the RBN previews all sound like crap on the music store. Some songs I went to download had such shotty previews that I probably wouldn't have even bought the song if I hadnt already heard a high quality version online.

Comments

• Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    This is a bug and HMX is looking to fix it.
  • nanowerxnanowerx Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the info. I hope they get it fixed soon as it could be a huge detractor from people buying more on the RBN.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    nanowerx;3565450 said:
    Thanks for the info. I hope they get it fixed soon as it could be a huge detractor from people buying more on the RBN.
    Yeah I've seen people say they havn't bought songs because they sounded like crap, even though the actual songs themselves sound fine when playing them.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    They are also ungodly loud. I have to turn my volume way down before I play a preview.
  • CleantoneCleantone Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    They are also ungodly loud. I have to turn my volume way down before I play a preview.
    Audio preview or game play too?
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    The audio previews are the only thing that sound overly bad, The best way to check if you like a song is to play the demo ... It's a far better method than the short previews.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Cleantone;3565794 said:
    Audio preview or game play too?
    It's just the preview. The gameplay is fine.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited March 2010
    Yeah when I heard the preview for Tripolette I thought it was some crappy song put together on garageband or something