Solarcade Rise Makes debut in the RBN !

ASPRonASPRon Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Solarcade is the musical partnership between vocalist Paul Van and guitarist Pomilla. They are musically comparable to Depeche Mode and the Raveonettes in their use of outside musicians to fill out their sound. As a result, Van and Pomilla’s eight-year collaboration has yielded some achingly beautiful music. Their cinematic, nuanced compositions have attracted the attention of The Killers’ Brandon Flowers, who personally selected Solarcade to open select dates for his band’s arena tour in 2007.
In an effort to achieve that rich full alternative pop sound, the band chose to work with producer Brian Reeves (U2, Rooney, Jonas Brothers). Van previously collaborated with Reeves when the former was chosen to sing the theme song for the Sci Fi Channel series, Jeremiah. Van says, “I loved the mix on that song. Once I tapped into what he was doing, I knew that Brian would be perfect for Songs for the Gathering.” Pomilla describes working with Reeves on the album: “We had a great time. He grinds you to the bone, but it’s positive fury! I became a better guitar player.”

Reeves, who has worked with some of the greatest alternative bands in contemporary rock history, says "Solarcade is the real deal. Van has a voice that is immediately recognizable as he skillfully engages his listener. He paints a lyrical picture that leaves you breathless. Pomilla’s unique guitar stylings give the act a character that is both contemporary and classic, yet beautifully dynamic. It's obvious that Solarcade's music is truly inspired."

Brian Reeves and Brandon Flowers have already discovered Solarcade - now it’s your turn. The band, now based both in Los Angeles and in Las Vegas, release their seven song EP, Songs for The Gathering on February 24 through A&I Records

Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJLFSCggXNI
Myspace - www.myspace.com/solarcade

Comments