IS Semi-Charmed Life Available in RBN Yet?

fdiperifdiperi Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Is this available for download yet or if not does anyone know when?

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    It's past peer review, and provided everything goes through OK, the song should be up in the next couple of days.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3565530 said:
    It's past peer review, and provided everything goes through OK, the song should be up in the next couple of days.
    Can't wait. I hope it isn't too different from the original.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3565549 said:
    Can't wait. I hope it isn't too different from the original.
    I think it's the same version they used in GH:VH, which was pretty faithful, but the vocals are noticably different.
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3565555 said:
    I think it's the same version they used in GH:VH, which was pretty faithful, but the vocals are noticably different.
    Yeah, it sounds good. It could have been much worse. Look at Hair of the Dog.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3565555 said:
    the only thing i thought was different is the vocals werent the dominant thing you heard, but thats just me.
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3565673 said:
    the only thing i thought was different is the vocals werent the dominant thing you heard, but thats just me.
    If you only heard the song a long time ago and don't know it very well, the vocals are pretty much the same. Just a few little differences. And yeah, I see what you mean. The instruments seem to be a bit louder.
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3565713 said:
    If you only heard the song a long time ago and don't know it very well, the vocals are pretty much the same. Just a few little differences. And yeah, I see what you mean. The instruments seem to be a bit louder.
    ive actualy do know the song well thats the thing, but your not supposed to know the song to be able to enjoy singing it in game, and i felt it was too low volune on the vocal end compared to the instruments. but i was just 1 opinion of many so oh well :)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Crap, I hope we don't have another Little Black Backpack. Wavegroup didn't do this, did they?
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3565764 said:
    Crap, I hope we don't have another Little Black Backpack. Wavegroup didn't do this, did they?
    is that what heppned with little black backpack? were the vocals low or something?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The mixing of the vocals was way too low.
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3566307 said:
    The mixing of the vocals was way too low.
    well, i personaly thought it was low, but everyone else said it was ok, so take that as you will

also after giving little black backpack another listen, it didnt sound too low to me, so i dont know, wait and see i guess
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3565770 said:
    is that what heppned with little black backpack? were the vocals low or something?
    way too low, the same can be said for their Indigo Friends, but Sick and the Nick Gallant songs were great.......so its hit or miss with the WG songs
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I certainly did not notice the mix issues on any of these songs you guys mention. They sound great on my TV.
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566348 said:
    I certainly did not notice the mix issues on any of these songs you guys mention. They sound great on my TV.
    well what i notice on things king, is because i am primarily a vocalist especialy, is when the guitar/bass/drum sounds drown out and make me miss lyrics cuz i cant hear them over the other instruments, thats usualy what is being refered to.
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm, weird. I guess maybe I have a different sound setup or something?

I've had that experience with other tracks though so I know what you mean.
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566411 said:
    Hmmm, weird. I guess maybe I have a different sound setup or something?

I've had that experience with other tracks though so I know what you mean.
    well in my case, if its my word against 7 others, ill trust everyone elses judgement :) im still getting the song when it comes out either way cuz itl be a hit at parties
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3566461 said:
    well in my case, if its my word against 7 others, ill trust everyone elses judgement :) im still getting the song when it comes out either way cuz itl be a hit at parties
    Well when you say that there is an issue, I don't think you're lying or anything. There have been songs that I said needed obvious changes to the mix but everyone else said it sounded just fine...
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566512 said:
    Well when you say that there is an issue, I don't think you're lying or anything. There have been songs that I said needed obvious changes to the mix but everyone else said it sounded just fine...
    yeah, and majority rules, i got no quams there, its why 1 person doesnt control review of an entire song :)
    Some songs may just sound off when they arent sometimes, no ones perfect. Some people are going to be more sensitive at certain times then others.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3565565 said:
    Yeah, it sounds good. It could have been much worse. Look at Hair of the Dog.
    People didn't like "Hair of the Dog" because they didn't like the rerecording? I thought it was because it played like crap.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Just curious Vedis... what is your audio setup? I'm running Dolby Digital 5.1 through a receiver. When I do vocal playtesting I run it through headphones, and the receiver displays "Dolby Headphone". I playtested or reviewed about 8 songs that day, and I didn't perceive a significant difference in the mix for this one.
    edited March 2010
    Coach Z;3566854 said:
    Just curious Vedis... what is your audio setup? I'm running Dolby Digital 5.1 through a receiver. When I do vocal playtesting I run it through headphones, and the receiver displays "Dolby Headphone". I playtested or reviewed about 8 songs that day, and I didn't perceive a significant difference in the mix for this one.
    i couldnt tell you what im running as it isnt my setup, but when it was the only song i noticed it on, i dont think the setup is what matters
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    semi charmed life has just been approved though i cant find the link
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'd like a preview vid first, or a trial. Trial link wouldn't let me download
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3568754 said:
    I'd like a preview vid first, or a trial. Trial link wouldn't let me download
    Normally, I would agree with you. But for me, this song warrants a purchase regardless. Not pressuring you to buy it, just putting my decision out there for one of my favorite songs of the 90s.
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3568784 said:
    Normally, I would agree with you. But for me, this song warrants a purchase regardless. Not pressuring you to buy it, just putting my decision out there for one of my favorite songs of the 90s.
    For certain songs, I have the same feeling. But since "Last Resort" I more than likely look for a preview of some sort first.

A few exceptions would be Freezepop, "Tribute" and "Godzilla"
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Is the song unfinished? There's no album art and the singer doesn't mouth the long goodbyes.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3568804 said:
    For certain songs, I have the same feeling. But since "Last Resort" I more than likely look for a preview of some sort first.

A few exceptions would be Freezepop, "Tribute" and "Godzilla"
    Definitely, I had the same fear. But I bit the bullet on this one. Let's just hope it doesn't explode in my mouth...
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3568834 said:
    Definitely, I had the same fear. But I bit the bullet on this one. Let's just hope it doesn't explode in my mouth...
    You know what you should do? Record an expert guitar vid and upload it so I can see it. xD
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Behonkiss;3568816 said:
    Is the song unfinished? There's no album art and the singer doesn't mouth the long goodbyes.
    There is no album art because it was a re-record. I guess they chose to not put a fake album art up.