IS Semi-Charmed Life Available in RBN Yet?

fdiperifdiperi Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Is this available for download yet or if not does anyone know when?

Comments

  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3565713 said:
    If you only heard the song a long time ago and don't know it very well, the vocals are pretty much the same. Just a few little differences. And yeah, I see what you mean. The instruments seem to be a bit louder.
    ive actualy do know the song well thats the thing, but your not supposed to know the song to be able to enjoy singing it in game, and i felt it was too low volune on the vocal end compared to the instruments. but i was just 1 opinion of many so oh well :)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Crap, I hope we don't have another Little Black Backpack. Wavegroup didn't do this, did they?
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3565764 said:
    Crap, I hope we don't have another Little Black Backpack. Wavegroup didn't do this, did they?
    is that what heppned with little black backpack? were the vocals low or something?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The mixing of the vocals was way too low.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3566307 said:
    The mixing of the vocals was way too low.
    well, i personaly thought it was low, but everyone else said it was ok, so take that as you will

    also after giving little black backpack another listen, it didnt sound too low to me, so i dont know, wait and see i guess
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3565770 said:
    is that what heppned with little black backpack? were the vocals low or something?
    way too low, the same can be said for their Indigo Friends, but Sick and the Nick Gallant songs were great.......so its hit or miss with the WG songs
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I certainly did not notice the mix issues on any of these songs you guys mention. They sound great on my TV.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566348 said:
    I certainly did not notice the mix issues on any of these songs you guys mention. They sound great on my TV.
    well what i notice on things king, is because i am primarily a vocalist especialy, is when the guitar/bass/drum sounds drown out and make me miss lyrics cuz i cant hear them over the other instruments, thats usualy what is being refered to.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm, weird. I guess maybe I have a different sound setup or something?

    I've had that experience with other tracks though so I know what you mean.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566411 said:
    Hmmm, weird. I guess maybe I have a different sound setup or something?

    I've had that experience with other tracks though so I know what you mean.
    well in my case, if its my word against 7 others, ill trust everyone elses judgement :) im still getting the song when it comes out either way cuz itl be a hit at parties
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3566461 said:
    well in my case, if its my word against 7 others, ill trust everyone elses judgement :) im still getting the song when it comes out either way cuz itl be a hit at parties
    Well when you say that there is an issue, I don't think you're lying or anything. There have been songs that I said needed obvious changes to the mix but everyone else said it sounded just fine...
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3566512 said:
    Well when you say that there is an issue, I don't think you're lying or anything. There have been songs that I said needed obvious changes to the mix but everyone else said it sounded just fine...
    yeah, and majority rules, i got no quams there, its why 1 person doesnt control review of an entire song :)
    Some songs may just sound off when they arent sometimes, no ones perfect. Some people are going to be more sensitive at certain times then others.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DookieMan;3565565 said:
    Yeah, it sounds good. It could have been much worse. Look at Hair of the Dog.
    People didn't like "Hair of the Dog" because they didn't like the rerecording? I thought it was because it played like crap.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Just curious Vedis... what is your audio setup? I'm running Dolby Digital 5.1 through a receiver. When I do vocal playtesting I run it through headphones, and the receiver displays "Dolby Headphone". I playtested or reviewed about 8 songs that day, and I didn't perceive a significant difference in the mix for this one.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Coach Z;3566854 said:
    Just curious Vedis... what is your audio setup? I'm running Dolby Digital 5.1 through a receiver. When I do vocal playtesting I run it through headphones, and the receiver displays "Dolby Headphone". I playtested or reviewed about 8 songs that day, and I didn't perceive a significant difference in the mix for this one.
    i couldnt tell you what im running as it isnt my setup, but when it was the only song i noticed it on, i dont think the setup is what matters
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited March 2010
    semi charmed life has just been approved though i cant find the link
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'd like a preview vid first, or a trial. Trial link wouldn't let me download
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3568754 said:
    I'd like a preview vid first, or a trial. Trial link wouldn't let me download
    Normally, I would agree with you. But for me, this song warrants a purchase regardless. Not pressuring you to buy it, just putting my decision out there for one of my favorite songs of the 90s.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3568784 said:
    Normally, I would agree with you. But for me, this song warrants a purchase regardless. Not pressuring you to buy it, just putting my decision out there for one of my favorite songs of the 90s.
    For certain songs, I have the same feeling. But since "Last Resort" I more than likely look for a preview of some sort first.

    A few exceptions would be Freezepop, "Tribute" and "Godzilla"
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Is the song unfinished? There's no album art and the singer doesn't mouth the long goodbyes.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3568804 said:
    For certain songs, I have the same feeling. But since "Last Resort" I more than likely look for a preview of some sort first.

    A few exceptions would be Freezepop, "Tribute" and "Godzilla"
    Definitely, I had the same fear. But I bit the bullet on this one. Let's just hope it doesn't explode in my mouth...
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3568834 said:
    Definitely, I had the same fear. But I bit the bullet on this one. Let's just hope it doesn't explode in my mouth...
    You know what you should do? Record an expert guitar vid and upload it so I can see it. xD
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    Behonkiss;3568816 said:
    Is the song unfinished? There's no album art and the singer doesn't mouth the long goodbyes.
    There is no album art because it was a re-record. I guess they chose to not put a fake album art up.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Gonna wait till it hits the store. Glad to see others find Little Black Backpack vocals too low. I thought it might have been my setup.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3568834 said:
    Definitely, I had the same fear. But I bit the bullet on this one. Let's just hope it doesn't explode in my mouth...
    With in logic it should sound the same it sounds in van halen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOLf4qPwjCo
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Lol, I would if I had a capture card handy. I can describe it though. Chordy, but not boring during most parts, ascending and descending notes on the slower, more quiet parts. Definitely different, yet similar to the GH:VH chart.

    EDIT: The vocals only seemed a little low during the first verse, but then again I was playing X guitar, so that may have made a big difference. Still an awesome song
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    General Lein979;3568852 said:
    With in logic it should sound the same it sounds in van halen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOLf4qPwjCo
    Actually, within logic, it shouldn't. Just because both versions use the same masters, they are using two different mixes.

    The one for Van Halen was mixed by professionals, the one for Rock Band was mixed by amateurs. Bad ones at that, considering that only the Wavegroup songs seem to have this vocal mixing problem. They should pull the songs from the marketplace and fix them ASAP.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3568882 said:
    Actually, within logic, it shouldn't. Just because both versions use the same masters, they are using two different mixes.

    The one for Van Halen was mixed by professionals, the one for Rock Band was mixed by amateurs. Bad ones at that, considering that only the Wavegroup songs seem to have this vocal mixing problem. They should pull the songs from the marketplace and fix them ASAP.
    First, the people at WaveGroup are professionals.

    Second, most of their songs sound pretty good on my setup, especially Stroke 9's "Kick Some Ass." There has only been one song that got out the door that I really didn't care for the mix on my system and it wasn't a WaveGroup song.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Might post this on Wavegroups Facebook about vocals being low. I hate to see some of these anticipated bands getting some troubling audio quality.
Sign In or Register to comment.