2 A Day to Remember's?

sieesiee Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
God damnit I knew this would happen. :(

Why is it so hard to put a lowercase t.. now it shows up as:

A Day To Remember (1 Song)
I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?

A Day to Remember (1 Song)
The Downfall of Us All

This won't be the first.

Comments

• st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I noticed that, too. Wrote WaveGroup's Twitter so maybe we can avoid this problem in the future.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3569319 said:
    I noticed that, too. Wrote WaveGroup's Twitter so maybe we can avoid this problem in the future.
    Peer review testers SHOULD have the ability to check the artist name, album name, year, etc to check for errors in the future.

Seriously.
    edited March 2010
    I think there are a few problems that will come from testers only being able to play the songs in audition mode and not in context of the game's setlist. I think this will get better with time as those issues become known and people know that they have to check those things. But as far as i'm concerned, the charts are the most important thing. I like all my songs to be grouped correctly (especially since I have all the dlc) but it's not the end of the world if it happens once. But it would be nice if it doesn't happen too often.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    Really?

That sucks. :(

I'm still getting the song...but...damn. :(
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    It doesn't matter too much in the long run, I get the feeling that HMX will fix the sorting problem in RB3.

Especially now one of their own bands has got a problem :P
    edited March 2010
    Well the only "fix" in RB3 would be to make Information no longer case sensitive, but I'm not sure if they will do that. The alternative would be to fix every single mistake manually and they will most definitely not do that.
    edited March 2010
    What gets me is that band names are shown in ALL CAPS anyway in RB2.
  • KigalasKigalas Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm thinkin there'll be a blanket fix in rb3 for this, as well as the other little things in the library (bowie, black tide)
    edited March 2010
    Kigalas;3569430 said:
    Yeah, I'm thinkin there'll be a blanket fix in rb3 for this, as well as the other little things in the library (bowie, black tide)
    The ones I've noticed are Bowie, Foo Fighters and The Main Drag.

What's the issue with Black Tide?
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm not getting what the problem is here. Did one being put up cause the other to vanish or something?
    edited March 2010
    They are listed as 2 separate bands.

Since both songs are by the same band (and off the same album), they should be under the same header.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Since RBN content doesn't "gel" with RB content, it's not much of an issue, anyway. It's not going to generate an album Challenge, or anything like that, even if it was sorted correctly.

But it seems like a minor typo on a label could be fixed with a quickie patch by HMX. :confused:
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3569465 said:
    Since RBN content doesn't "gel" with RB content, it's not much of an issue, anyway. It's not going to generate an album Challenge, or anything like that, even if it was sorted correctly.

But it seems like a minor typo on a label could be fixed with a quickie patch by HMX. :confused:
    No but if the label decides to bring the entire album out in the future either through DLC or RBN and I want to play the album in quickplay then if it was sorted correctly I could just click "Homesick" and I'd be playing the whole album easily - just how it should be.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    siee;3569469 said:
    No but if the label decides to bring the entire album out in the future either through DLC or RBN and I want to play the album in quickplay then if it was sorted correctly I could just click "Homesick" and I'd be playing the whole album easily - just how it should be.
    you could just as easily create a setlist and choose every song though... or is clicking the extra 10 or 11 times too much trouble? :\

i honestly don't care if they are spelt differently and will continue to fail at understanding why people care so much about little things like that :\
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Zemanator;3569474 said:
    you could just as easily create a setlist and choose every song though... or is clicking the extra 10 or 11 times too much trouble? :\

i honestly don't care if they are spelt differently and will continue to fail at understanding why people care so much about little things like that :\
    I knew some smartass would come along and say that.

It may not be a problem to you people with less than 800 songs but when you have over 1,000 songs it looks SERIOUSLY messy and annoying.
    edited March 2010
    siee;3569469 said:
    Does it work that way, really....? Not being a smartass here, I just thought I read somewhere that if the tracks were partially on RBDLC and partially on RBNDLC, the "one-click album" feature wouldn't work right....yea or nay? :confused:
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3569493 said:
    Does it work that way, really....? Not being a smartass here, I just thought I read somewhere that if the tracks were partially on RBDLC and partially on RBNDLC, the "one-click album" feature wouldn't work right....yea or nay? :confused:
    Did you DL "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" by Bang Camaro?

It gets sorted in with "Rock Rebellion" and "Pleasure (Pleasure)" as a part of the Bang Camaro album, and you can play all 3 songs as such.

What the OP is saying is that this should happen with the 2 A Day To Remember songs, but doesn't.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    ^ It works fine with the full versions, but not with demos.
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3569497 said:
    Did you DL "Push Push (Lady Lightning)" by Bang Camaro?

It gets sorted in with "Rock Rebellion" and "Pleasure (Pleasure)" as a part of the Bang Camaro album, and you can play all 3 songs as such.

What the OP is saying is that this should happen with the 2 A Day To Remember songs, but doesn't.
    Haven't gotten to Bang Camaro yet (it's on my list!)....but nice to know it works that way.

Again, seems like a minor typo can be fixed by a quickie patch/update, though.....HMX has done that for songs that had the wrong date listed, etc.....
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3569503 said:
    Haven't gotten to Bang Camaro yet (it's on my list!)....but nice to know it works that way.

Yeah! You can't play the album as a Tour Challenge, but you can play it like that in Quickplay.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3569503 said:
    Again, seems like a minor typo can be fixed by a quickie patch/update, though.....HMX has done that for songs that had the wrong date listed, etc.....
    Yes, this is exactly why I made the thread.
    If no one makes a thread, how the hell is HMX or other devs going to see there is a problem?

Don't keep quiet, someone made a thread about Guns N' Roses and they fixed it.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    What did they fix about Guns N' Roses?
  • CynamielCynamiel Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3569433 said:
    The ones I've noticed are Bowie, Foo Fighters and The Main Drag.

What's the issue with Black Tide?
    Warriors of Time doesn't sort with the other two songs, and it also has a slightly different album cover.
    SpiderSambo;3569570 said:
    What did they fix about Guns N' Roses?
    Shackler's Revenge was out of place if you downloaded the full album.
    edited March 2010
    When Chinese Democracy was released, the album order of the songs was wrong.

"Shackler's Revenge" was being listed as the first song, when in reality on the album it is the second.

Edit: Ninja'd
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    First, this was brought up in another thread last night and when I saw it I created a thread over on the creators site so that people would know this is happening.

Second, this isn't the easiest thing to notice and doesn't get the most attention in testing, but I will try to look for it in the future, as I hope others will. We cannot see the song in the lists so the only way to do it is to double check against the website song listing.

Third, while this is an annoyance, it is a minor one. Right now all it does it make you click 1 extra time one another song/band name. That being said, starting the thread with "God damnit ... " is going a little overboard on the impact of this mistake.

Fourth, while I hope that testers can find this in the future, since they cannot easily verify it, the emphasis should be on the uploader/author to fully verify before submitting. That being said, even Henry inconsistently named his albums for the Main Drag and he is in the band.

Fifth, and finally, I too hope HMX fixes this by making the groupings non-case sensistive. They are already doing uppercase to display the info, so if they do that before the comparisons then this would be sorted out.
    edited March 2010
    Wow!

I just found a video of the guitar chart on YouTube, and yeah, there is something wrong with that mix.

RBN version

Album version

It sounds like in the RBN version, the growls are turned up and the clean vocals are really turned down.
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for the double, but I got to thinking -

Since the song isn't "officially" in the store yet, maybe they can hold it back to check things out?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3569731 said:
    Sorry for the double, but I got to thinking -

Since the song isn't "officially" in the store yet, maybe they can hold it back to check things out?
    It's up now, so is Semi-Charmed.
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3569738 said:
    It's up now, so is Semi-Charmed.
    For purchase through the store or the Marketplace?

I'll more than likely be getting the song, but I won't buy it until it is in the RBN Store.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3569748 said:
    For purchase through the store or the Marketplace?

I'll more than likely be getting the song, but I won't buy it until it is in the RBN Store.
    the store