Your favourite 80msp songs...

SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
...and why they are so good.

I figure a topic needs to be made to highlight all the amazing 'pocket change' tracks that no-one seems to have heard of.

I'm probably not the only one who still hasn't touched the 160 points songs yet, simply because of the logic where you can get TWO songs for the price of one is causing a load of impulse buys.

Here's the list of songs I've got and would heartily recommend

Alias Unknown - Top Back
It's that song that was banded around Youtube for a few months prior to RBNs release. Guitar and Bass isn't that interesting but as I'm primarily a drummer/vocalist I loved this.

DnA's Evolution - The Heist
Probably not as good as the others after a few plays (watches as account gets banned ¬_¬) but still a great catchy song that has a drum solo that's fun to play. It's like if a marching band did the drum solo to The End :D

Flogging Mollys - Drunken Lullabies (live)
nuff said.

Midnight Riders - Both songs
Blues rock in Rock Band Network? Admittedly they are a made up band primarily for Left 4 Dead 2, but they are great 'I'm marginally tipsy and want to play a rhythm game' songs. They're great for vocals.

The Project Hate Remix Thingy
I can't remember the name of the band nor the song for the life of me. It's a 10 minute song (or there abouts) which will keep you occupied throughout the whole thing. Drummers might like the small gaps in between sections where you can rest your foot pedal... briefly.

Ultra Saturday - Superhero
I heard this thanks to the band putting a free download of their song on their website. It's one of those pop rock songs that isn't TOO hard but isn't slow either. It's a perfect warmup song and a casual fun song.

So yeah, that's me sorted (well not necessarily, I still have a few unplayed purchases to go) what are YOUR favourite 80msp songs?

Comments

• barnabyjones786barnabyjones786 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Flogging Mollys - Drunken Lullabies (live)
    Terrorhorse - Packet Flier
    Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning)
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Bang Camaro. Duh.

Also, Children of December by The Slip is a chill song. If you like Even Rats, you'll like this $1 bargain.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Universal Hall Pass - Dragonfly
    The drums... mein gott :D
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Your a wolf. Sea Wolf. Hope this band relases some more stuff on RBN.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The Word Alive - Battle Royale
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Marillion - Whatever is Wrong With You
    The B.O.L.T. - Genius
    Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live)
    Alias Unknown - Top Back
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Bang Camaro, Word Alive, Texas In July, Unearth, Hyro da Hero
  • Dog WelderDog Welder Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    The Cold Goodnight -- Give -- what a thoroughly fun and awesome song this is. I'd love to see more from this band on RBN. I'd never heard of them before this and they were a very pleasant surprise.

Flogging Molly -- Requiem For A Dying Song -- fun charts and an awesome band.

Marillion -- Whatever Is Wrong With You -- probably one of the easier songs out there, but it has beautiful, haunting vocals and some fun charting.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I enjoy the Sea Wolf song. I'm hoping Dangerbird will make Wicked Blood available soon. I also enjoy singing the Eulogies song ("Day to Day"), which is another Dangerbird artist.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    So far 22 of the 40 I plan to get are 80msp
  • AMac2002AMac2002 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    howieduen;3569977 said:
    I enjoy the Sea Wolf song.
    Yeah? I was a fan of the song before and was super pumped to hear it was going to be released but the charts just look so simple. You think it's worth a purchase anyways?
  • ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault

The best $1 I have spend in a long while. You got to play the bass on this! It's too awesome!
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited March 2010
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    AMac2002;3570160 said:
    Yeah? I was a fan of the song before and was super pumped to hear it was going to be released but the charts just look so simple. You think it's worth a purchase anyways?
    I don't really get into the charts, per se. I just like playing songs that I know and are fun to play. I bass/vox, so simple is good sometimes. It's a very simple chart, but I still think it's fun.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    For me so far from what I have bought it's been Unearth (can't believe it's 80), You Shriek, and The Project Hate.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited March 2010
    The Unearth song is awesome!

And also the Quartered and Texas in July songs are great!

I play drums
  • funkydunklemanfunkydunkleman Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Error 404 - If Trucks Drank Beer

Best song title
    Best lyrics
    Best country song on RBN*
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Skindred - Stand For Something
    Alias Unknown - Top Back

Songs I desperately need

Quartered - Africa
  • TheFuture15TheFuture15 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Skindred - Stand For Something
    Zack Wilson - Moonshine Hollar (blatant self promotion)
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Top 5 for me (ive obviously not played all in full though)

1. Skindred - Stand For Something
    2. DNA Evolution - The Heist
    3. Alias Unknown - Top Back
    4. Color Theory - If Not Now When
    5. Audio Fiction - Race The Hourglass
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I only have 1 so far (that will change), and that's Push Push (Lady Lightning). I don't think I need to explain why that song is good. It's Bang Camaro. :p
  • jmemmersonjmemmerson Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Where do I start?

Marillion - Whatever is wrong with you
    Skindred - Stand for Something
    Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live) and Requiem for a Dying Song
    Lead the Dead - Rip'er
    Unearth - We are not anonymous
    Ultra Saturday - Not My Fault and Superhero!
    Fake Shark-Real Zombie! - Angel Lust and Sestri Levante
    Furly - Icarus' Song
    James William Roy - Paper Valentines and Shiny Dark Bar
    Midnight Riders - One Bad Man
    Scratching the Itch - Buddy Disease
    Main Drag - Don't Let Me Down (Slowly) and Car Windows
    Cold Goodnight - Give
    The Fisticuffs - Liverpool Judies
    The Project Hate - Descend Into The Eternal Blah Blah Blah
    Wounded Soul - Rx
    Warparth - Live Unworthy Of Life
    Uniform Motion - Roll Over

Is it just me, or am I obsessed with RBN?
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I thought Push Push was 160msp?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    siee;3574190 said:
    I thought Push Push was 160msp?
    Nöpe.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Alphabetical order:

Alias Unknown - Top Back. While I'm primarily a guitarist, I still enjoyed this one, and vox and drums are really, really fun.

Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning). I really needn't say anything about this one, do I?

Chaunce de Leon and the Fountain of Choof - Tadpole Search and Rescue. Fun to play, and you gotta love that weird band name and song title.

The Dirty Love Band - Moonboy. Quite simply one of the most fun guitar tracks I've gotten out of RBN yet.

DnA's Evolution - The Heist. Brilliant (not on vox, but at least you get to cackle maniacally at the end).

Error 404 ft. CJ Watson - If Trucks Drank Beer. The single funniest song up on RBN yet, period. Especially that multi-layered singing break.

Free Spirit - Far Away from Heaven. I have no idea why I like this song as much as I do, but there you are.

Matter in the Medium - Persistence of Vision. It's always a good sign if I feel reminded of YYZ when I play something...

Stewart - Dance With Me. I didn't expect much out of a pop-punk guitar track, but this one absolutely floored me. Up in my top 3 guitar favourites right now.

And, just to finish this off, my personal UN-Favourite among RBN: Flight of the Conchords - Business Time. Yes, I know it's a 160 song, that's why I want to warn people from it. This guitar track is the smaller, slightly less annoying brother to Kung Fu Fighting. Fun song, perhaps, but stay away from the guitar unless you really enjoy finger-breaking funk chordfests of this kind. Bleargh.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Ospero;3576290 said:
    And, just to finish this off, my personal UN-Favourite among RBN: Flight of the Conchords - Business Time. Yes, I know it's a 160 song, that's why I want to warn people from it. This guitar track is the smaller, slightly less annoying brother to Kung Fu Fighting. Fun song, perhaps, but stay away from the guitar unless you really enjoy finger-breaking funk chordfests of this kind. Bleargh.
    Not true. It might be as hard as some of the RHCP funk tracks on BSSM, but it's nothing compared to the pure insanity triple-chord-festival called Kung Fu Fighting.

A mediocre expert player won't fail Business Time, well maybe (s)he does of laughing, but not because of the chart :D
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    We Are Not Anonymous, Elements, and Battle Royale were the best songs I've picked up so far and I've never any of them before RBN.
  • Vyse86Vyse86 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Elements has an awesome guitar chart.

Genius and No Direction are my favorite songs to listen to, easy guitar charts but still fun because I enjoy the sound. No Direction sounds like it would be awesome on drums, I'd love to see the chart.

Mississippi Kite, there's just something I really dig about that song, no idea what it is though.

Also the obvious stuff like Lady Lightning and the Flogging Molly songs.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I am astonished and delighted to see Apples In Stereo here for 80msp. That's a band to fall in love with.
  • MistressDMistressD Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    It's in my signature; "Africa" from Quartered, best dollar I've ever spent.

A delightful challenge on both vocals and guitar, this song exemplifies the best of Prog music. The charts and animation in sync, which sometimes is missed in creator made music. As for the style of music itself, as a fan of Dream Theater myself, I can also say if you're a DT fan, you're likely to enjoy this track. My only complaint is that the vocals are underestimated, don't let that 3 fool you! I would give it a 5.