damn lol

I am all excited for 3EB My bad :S
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    xxpigxx;3569971 said:
    damn lol

I am all excited for 3EB My bad :S
    LOL... just giving you a hard time...

So does this mean that their others songs will be released at a later time?
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    The other 2 are just now reaching the end of the first round of playtesting.
  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    "Jumper" and "Never Let You Go"
    edited March 2010
    cool beans. How long does testing usually last?

Still waiting for Motorcycle Drive By :D
    edited March 2010
    A full test period is 14 days, but not everyone stays in it that long depending on how many tests they have gotten.

Since these two are ending right now, it is unclear whether they will be put into another round of testing or moved on to peer review. So they could be accepted in as little as a few days or it could be weeks.
    edited March 2010
  • kaveekskaveeks Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Great news, now I'm stoked! Just wish we coulda had the original semi charmed, but the rerecord is better then nothing. Love the rock band network!
  • BigDamnHeroBigDamnHero Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    From what I understand, all the songs are re-recordings.
    edited March 2010
    and I thought we were getting six 3eb songs total, no?
  • kaveekskaveeks Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Oh really? Hadn't heard that, what a drag. I've got the original sound so burned into my brain, when I hear any differences, it just feels wrong. Hopefully they'll all sound as close as possible
    edited March 2010
    kaveeks;3570609 said:
    Oh really? Hadn't heard that, what a drag. I've got the original sound so burned into my brain, when I hear any differences, it just feels wrong. Hopefully they'll all sound as close as possible
    I know what you mean. I listened to the re-records of Semi-Charmed and Losing a Whole Year via Youtube & Guitar Hero and it just sounded off to me. Still a solid song though.

And honestly - Motorcycle Drive-by is SUCH a good song they'd have to turn it into a thrash metal song and have Fred Durst sing it for me to start hating on it.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    BigDamnHero;3570522 said:
    I think you are right, because if I recall their Twitter feed also mentioned "Graduate", "Losing a Whole Year", and "Motorcycle Drive By". These songs have yet to appear on the Rock Band Network though.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Looking forward to "Jumper"
    edited March 2010
    I want their whole discography . . ..

That is all :D
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    BigDamnHero;3570522 said:
    Semi-Charmed Life
    Jumper
    Losing A Whole Year
    Graduate
    Never Let You Go
    Motorcycle Drive by

They were re-recorded and submitted to HMX originally back in October, according to their Twitter. Don't know how they went from HMX to the RBN.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3571497 said:
    Semi-Charmed Life
    Jumper
    Losing A Whole Year
    Graduate
    Never Let You Go
    Motorcycle Drive by

They were re-recorded and submitted to HMX originally back in October, according to their Twitter. Don't know how they went from HMX to the RBN.
    probly felt it would get them in game sooner is my guess
    can you imagine the line to get hmx to author your songs like now and put them in? unless theres some big promotion you can convince them of, your probly going to the back of the line.
  • AuthurMoserAuthurMoser Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    with the RBN, they could put more of their songs in the game. the band is 100% independent of any label so depending on how SJ wants to do it will decide whether or not more songs come in from their first three albums. they will have to be re records, but songs off the new record they could have a company chart the masters and get the process running to get it into the RBN.

there is also some rumors about 3eb that there may be issues with their guitarist with the band so to get those re-records done could be quite a chore.

i love all of their work but i don't think all of it would translate to RB, and a lot of it would be out of place. i would like to see:
    London
    Thanks A Lot
    God of Wine
    Wounded
    Farther
    Faster
    Crystal Baller
    Can't Get Away
    Wake For Young Souls
    Palm Reader

those would have to all be re-records...
  • JimmyRyanJimmyRyan Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm not up on my band sitreps....why is it that 3EB songs need to be re-recorded? Is it a legal issue or are the masters just gone?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    JimmyRyan;3579462 said:
    I'm not up on my band sitreps....why is it that 3EB songs need to be re-recorded? Is it a legal issue or are the masters just gone?
    Either their label holds rights to the first few albums and they don't wanna deal with that, their old guitarist won't agree to licensing, or something else.
    edited April 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3579657 said:
    Either their label holds rights to the first few albums and they don't wanna deal with that, their old guitarist won't agree to licensing, or something else.
    I would bet all of my money on the Kevin Cadogan and Stephan Jenkins still hate each other.

So . . . anymore 3EB in the pipes?

Jumper was pretty good. Better than Semi Charmed Life, IMO.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I don't think anything's in playtesting (I'm not a playtester myself, so I can't be 100% sure), but the initial tweet said that they did 6 songs.
    edited April 2010
    AuthurMoser;3573970 said:
    . . .
    i love all of their work but i don't think all of it would translate to RB, and a lot of it would be out of place. i would like to see:

How's It Going to Be
    London
    Thanks A Lot
    God of Wine
    Wounded
    10 Days Late
    Deep Inside of You
    An Ode to Maybe
    Farther
    Faster
    Blinded
    Crystal Baller
    Can't Get Away
    Wake For Young Souls
    Palm Reader

those would have to all be re-records...
    added five songs to make it perfect.

then add songs from Ursa Major that would not have to be re-records:

Can You Take Me
    Bonfire
    About to Break
    Why Can't You Be
    Water Landing

My god . . . I would die and be in Heaven with all those songs. That is the perfect list.

One can dream, I guess
  • AuthurMoserAuthurMoser Unsigned
    edited April 2010
    i'm not looking forward to the butchered guitar solo in the re-record of Graduate... would much rather have the original master...
  • backwordsbackwords Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Losing A Whole Year
    Graduate
    Motorcycle Drive by

not really too hyped on these selections, but i'll take what i can get. mcdb could work i guess. so many good rb songs on out of the vein
  • Nostri1sNostri1s Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    So, uh. What happened to Motorcycle Drive-By?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Have those three songs ever been in play testing? I don't remember hearing about it anywhere.
  • eeeric16eeeric16 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Never Let You Go, Jumper, Semi-Charmed Life are out now, the other 3 will be Losing A Whole Year, Motorcycle Drive By, hmm i forget what the 3rd one is called