Bodies - Drowning Pool

Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was so happy to see this appear in the RBN. I downloaded it immediatly. With all the "quality issues" with a few songs, I would recommend downloading this one. It was so crisp and clear with some added effects, it sounds like a remastered version of the original. The charting was great as well. Hats off on this one. :D

Comments

• braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Do you know off the top of your head who charted and mixed it?

Could be helpful for some future artists to go with whoever did it to get the best quality...

So far I keep hearing WaveGroup's stuff has been the worst...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The Authority charted it. Same group that did "Even Rats".

They also brought an interesting guitar solo out that I never thought was in the song.
  • Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3572451 said:

They also brought an interesting guitar solo out that I never thought was in the song.
    There ya have it. Are you talking the solo from Bodies? That's where some of the effects seem amplified and different. The solo was there before but this definatly made it stand out more. Loved it.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Brought some memories of how much I actually hated that song.
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I like the song, but cannot sing it the way God intended, so I think I'll have to pass unfortunately.
  • lucianolgrlucianolgr Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Is it 160 or 80 MSP?
  • JudokaJudoka Unsigned
    edited March 2010
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    YES! Buying this song when I get home :D I helped shape it up in playtesting :p
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    As per my usual practice, I will still playtest it...and then likely buy it straight away after that. But thanks for the heads up!
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad its out as well...I don't have to air drum it anymore! :D
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3572451 said:

Ah, they do pretty well, but I remain disappointed that the latter portion of Even Rats wasn't a guitar solo...
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3572730 said:
    As per my usual practice, I will still playtest it...and then likely buy it straight away after that. But thanks for the heads up!
    As someone who hasn't playtested before, do they usually give you good parts for the playtests?

Would seem likely as why would you be eager to buy something that doesn't show you anything...
    edited March 2010
    braves22;3572792 said:
    As someone who hasn't playtested before, do they usually give you good parts for the playtests?

Would seem likely as why would you be eager to buy something that doesn't show you anything...
    Demos are the first 1 minute or 35% of a song, whichever comes first.
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I agree. Quality track for drums. No awkward charting or sound issues.
    edited March 2010
    braves22;3572792 said:
    You play test the whole song. Every instrument, animations, glitches, everything.

What good is only getting a part of the song to test? lol Silly.
    edited March 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3572933 said:
    You play test the whole song. Every instrument, animations, glitches, everything.

I think he was talking about the trial/demo version of songs, not actual playtesting.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3572933 said:

Someone said "playtest" when they meant "demo", as in the demo you can download from the store to try out the first minute or 35% of a song.

NINJA!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    braves22;3572792 said:
    It's the first minute (or 35%) of the song...whichever is shorter.

But typically you get a feel for the mix and if you will like the song or not, especially when combined with the previews that play when you highlight them in the menu.

And yeah, I meant demo.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Just picked it up cant wait to play it later, I wanna play it loud, but it's 6am right now.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    ahh finally... always wanted that in rockband... and ya i never knew about that guitar solo
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3572940 said:
    Someone said "playtest" when they meant "demo", as in the demo you can download from the store to try out the first minute or 35% of a song.

NINJA!
    Ah that makes sense didn't think about that haha, thanks Ted! (My name is Alex btw :p)
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited March 2010
    I got it, the drums are fairly boring but I don't regret getting it
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    73 phrases of mostly talkie phrases to sing, but nothing is broken in it and you can really go to town on the vocals.

Really, REALLY go to town :D

And yeah, the overall sound quality on this track is superb.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Happy Dragon;3573075 said:
    73 phrases of mostly talkie phrases to sing, but nothing is broken in it and you can really go to town on the vocals.

Really, REALLY go to town :D

And yeah, the overall sound quality on this track is superb.
    talkies are how most of it shoulda been anyway

and i am guilty of really getting into this song, you shoulda seen me when i was testing it, my daughter wanted to kill me cuz of how into it i was getting lol
  • Lone BulldogsLone Bulldogs Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    With Drowning Pool, the 2 Clutch and Third Eye Blind I really don't even care what is announced on Friday. RBN is awesome!
  • GuitarGuruXXXGuitarGuruXXX Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Its not there for me to purchase. Not cool. Has it been pulled?
    edited March 2010
    GuitarGuruXXX;3573503 said:
    Its not there for me to purchase. Not cool. Has it been pulled?
    It has not been put in the in-game store yet.

We are all getting it from the marketplace website.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    When it finally appears in the ingame store im going to download it - were being spoiled for really popular party songs both with normal DLC and RBN and this one is another instant winner.

Not actually even bothered how the charts come across in this one, it will provide enough fun on its own right with mates singing it blootered.
  • GuitarGuruXXXGuitarGuruXXX Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Bodies

There is the marketplace link. I guess I'm spoiled as I dont think that I should have to search for the song on xbox.com to spend money.
  • lord of da sithlord of da sith Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Where is it? I can't find it