crowd sing alongs?

kaveekskaveeks Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what the status is on crowd sing alongs for rbn songs? I remember reading somewhere that the user tools would not be able to supportcertain features like The stage kit, but is there anyway for users, or authors to include those sweet crowd sing alongs that we all love so much? I haven't noticed them yet on any of the songs I've downloaded. Wouldveloved to hear a nice loud DOO DOO DOO! from the crowd in semi charmed

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    Yes and no.

A crowd sing-along can be included in the non-playable backing track, but unlike how sing-alongs normally work in the game, you would always hear it, as opposed to being based on the crowd meter.
  • prhs2057prhs2057 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    WaveGroup is the company that used to do the song covers for Harmonix, however since using Master tracks are mandatory these days they now do the crowd sing-a-longs for Harmonix. So I doubt we'll see c.s.a. unless the charting companies hire WaveGroup or WaveGroup implements them into their RBN songs
    edited March 2010
    prhs2057;3572480 said:
    WaveGroup is the company that used to do the song covers for Harmonix, however since using Master tracks are mandatory these days they now do the crowd sing-a-longs for Harmonix. So I doubt we'll see c.s.a. unless the charting companies hire WaveGroup or WaveGroup implements them into their RBN songs
    They did the ones for HMX, yes, but anyone can get a group of people together in a room and record them singing a song. :) Probably for free if one has the means to record it with decent quality, and recruits friends/family members to do the singing.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3572502 said:
    They did the ones for HMX, yes, but anyone can get a group of people together in a room and record them singing a song. :) Probably for free if one has the means to record it with decent quality, and recruits friends/family members to do the singing.
    If it's so easy, why are there so many normal DLC tracks that don't do it?
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Because it makes songs sound like ass? Just an opinion!
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    ethicalpaul;3572627 said:
    Because it makes songs sound like ass? Just an opinion!
    Makes songs sound like they're on a GAME.
    edited March 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3572619 said:
    If it's so easy, why are there so many normal DLC tracks that don't do it?
    Only HMX could answer that, but there are probably a lot of factors like the time it takes to get the recording done, file size, the "epicness" of the song, band/artist decision, etc. Since the crowd singing is an additional audio track (which we don't have the ability to do with RBN) I imagine file size is probably the biggest reason why it's not more common in official DLC.