RBN Song Detail Text Thread

ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is a thread for authors to post the Song Detail Text for their songs.

As part of the song submission process, authors create some text to describe the song and the artist.

This text does not yet appear anywhere on rb.com yet so I've made this thread for myself and any other authors who want to reply with the information that they gathered up to release with their song(s).

Comments

• ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    You Got That by The Everybody

Guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering of the wildly popular rock combo The Pixies have a new band, The Everybody!

Their new album, Avatar, is available at http://theeverybody.com

But wait, there's more!

Ever wanted Joey Santiago or David Lovering to play on your song or album? Ever wish you could make music with legendary producer Eddie Kramer?

After you play their song here in Rock Band, they want you to mix their music. Add your own vocals, guitars, flutes, whatever you want. Cowbells? Go ahead!

The Deluxe version of Avatar comes with bonus tracks, lossless files and royalty-free album stems for you to remix, re-imagine and reinvent: go ahead and add your own vocals, guitars, and more cowbell! ...and then make millions of dollars selling!

But wait, there's even more!

Once you've created new music from the Avatar stems, audition for The Everybody Else by submitting your song to Joey and David via SoundCloud at http://theeverybody.com/everybodyelse
    edited March 2010
    [Song Link]

Kristin founded alt-rock band Throwing Muses in the early '80s, released her first solo album in '94, formed post-punk power trio 50 Foot Wave in '03, and is an innovator of new music distribution methods including cashmusic.org

"Crooked" is Kristin's newest album, containing songs originally released one track per month--available at http://kristinhersh.cashmusic.org/

Kristin's notes:
    Mississippi Kite just goes; I couldn't really get in its way. It’s driven by the lyrics, which is something I rarely say about a song. They’re hot and bothered, as usual, but also woozy: this day as a dream.

Those lyrics got happy over the rhythm section and then I could do no wrong on top, adding some rather delicate overdubs and then stepping out of the way.

A happy feel can still make a sad song, though. Mississippi Kite talks and lists and spits and talks some more, never really shuts up, but ends up only telling you that something’s missing.
    edited March 2010
    [Song Link]

Kristin founded alt-rock band Throwing Muses in the early '80s, released her first solo album in '94, formed post-punk power trio 50 Foot Wave in '03, and is an innovator of new music distribution methods including cashmusic.org

"Crooked" is Kristin's newest album, containing songs originally released one track per month--available free at http://kristinhersh.cashmusic.org/

Kristin's notes:
    I think Fortune's my favorite song from this series yet. Not that I have favorites or anything. It's just such an interesting take on Wonder Bread and the East River and gold, smoking devil people. When I finished writing it, I felt like I'd just met someone who's very cool but too weird to hang out with.

I'm not normally a 'lyrics person', so when Act 2 kicks in with only reverb-soaked melody, spooky and sweet, I feel nicely...I don't know...let off the hook. Fortune says its piece and then wanders out of the room, lost in a zone.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    [Song Link]

Free MP3 - Paper Valentines is a love song for everybody who should know better by now. Sugary on the outside, wrapped around a sour Jawbreaker core: It's really bad for your teeth.

PERSONNEL:
    James William Roy: vocals, guitars, bass, songwriting
    Markleford Friedman: drums, arrangement, production, game authoring

James plays DIY, mid-fi indie rock in the school of Built to Spill, The Replacements, fIREHOSE and Guided By Voices. He started writing his own songs in earnest in 1990. Initially recording to 4-track and mastering to cassette, he put together collections of songs and gave most of them away: the best of these, "Birthday Girl" has since been remastered digitally and is available on Amie Street, along with his Paper Valentines mp3 EP. Although he has graduated to modern digital recording techniques, he still gives away a lot of music: there's more than forty songs you can download for free from his website, The James Rocket. Producer/Author/Drummer Markleford Friedman makes sure James' tracks sound a whole lot better by the time they get to Rock Band.

He also plays bass in NYC's very very loud A Bunch Of Girls, and thinks it's really really weird writing about himself in the third person.
    edited March 2010
    [Song Link]

Free MP3 - Shiny Dark Bar is an anthem for the defeated and a promise that everyone else is just as broken as you are. So come down, nod your head to the chunky groove, and savor the unmarked bass solo.

PERSONNEL:
    James William Roy: vocals, guitars, bass, songwriting
    Markleford Friedman: drums, arrangement, production, game authoring

James plays DIY, mid-fi indie rock in the school of Built to Spill, The Replacements, fIREHOSE and Guided By Voices. He started writing his own songs in earnest in 1990. Initially recording to 4-track and mastering to cassette, he put together collections of songs and gave most of them away: the best of these, "Birthday Girl" has since been remastered digitally and is available on Amie Street, along with his Paper Valentines mp3 EP. Although he has graduated to modern digital recording techniques, he still gives away a lot of music: there's more than forty songs you can download for free from his website, The James Rocket. Producer/Author/Drummer Markleford Friedman makes sure James' tracks sound a whole lot better by the time they get to Rock Band.

James also plays bass in NYC's very very loud A Bunch Of Girls, and thinks it's really really weird writing about himself in the third person.
    edited March 2010
    (James also thinks that ethicalpaul is way awesome for starting this thread.)
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    To be fair, a lot of people don't know this, but all the song details are at http://creators.rockband.com/ . I think you need a RBN account to see them, but a free one can see all the approved songs
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3573298 said:
    To be fair, a lot of people don't know this, but all the song details are at http://creators.rockband.com/ . I think you need a RBN account to see them, but a free one can see all the approved songs
    You need to be from the United States to create an account.
    edited April 2010
    Giving the above descriptions a little bump - PS3 rockbandists, give us your ears! Then ask for the songs in the request threads.

Seriously, it's not like anyone really doubts they'll port over Third Eye Blind, you know?