Should LRB ever have a sequel.

geo731geo731 Opening Act
edited May 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I know I may sound greedy considering Green Day RB and RB3 have both been announced, but I find the lego game adds something to the genre. Just curious if you thing this game deserves a sequel. Assumming the content is similar and the game is fully exportable would you purchase a lrb 2. Do you think the game would sell well? Is a Novemeber release date this year plausable or would 2011 or later be better?

Comments

• Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I enjoy LRB but I don't want to see them coming up with a sequel.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    It all comes down to the setlist, more than anything. I see nothing actively harmful about additional LRB titles, unless they're released too frequently (amongst other RB titles). November 2010 would be way too soon.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited March 2010
    If they were to release a patch to let you choose skin tones for characters and let you turn the filter on and off, I would never need a sequel as those are the only things I would change about it. I know it's never gonna happen, but I guy can dream can't he. :D
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    no filter, changable skin tones, a more in-depth creation for CDs and band art... and yes, not this year... next year sure.
  • ozzymanozzyman Opening Act
    edited March 2010
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised by the gameplay in LEGO RB, and would love to see a sequel. I would actually play LEGO RB more than RB2 if the filter was removed and the RBN was added.

Then again, I loved all the other LEGO titles so I might be a little biased. I wasn't sure they could combine the two genres, but they did a great job IMO. Sure, bring on a sequel.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I liked it, a sequel couldn't hurt.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Yes, if only to finally give Wii owners the music store.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Canned_Promise;3574371 said:
    I enjoy LRB but I don't want to see them coming up with a sequel.
    I agree here. The only thing new from RB3 they could possibly toss into a new lego game, as far as we know, is the harmonies, and I just don't think that would fit in with the lego deal. I've got no objections to expanding the library, but I also don't see any reason to continue to support the game as long as there's no online band play, unless they had plans for online in a future LRB title, then I would definitely consider purchasing said item.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    No, i think they should use their time on other stuff, than this.

Its a good game, but i could without a sequel.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;3576143 said:
    let you turn the filter on and off
    wafflerevolution;3576217 said:
    no filter
    Won't happen. The purpose of LEGO was to create an E-Rated RB game. Turning off the filter would mean it is no longer E-Rated.
  • RockonforeverRockonforever Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    LoopyChew;3574431 said:
    It all comes down to the setlist, more than anything. I see nothing actively harmful about additional LRB titles, unless they're released too frequently (amongst other RB titles). November 2010 would be way too soon.
    Exactly. :D
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    LoopyChew;3574431 said:
    I totally agree with this too.

Also I prefer playing LRB in the tour mode than RB2 as it is a bit more fun and you don't get forced to play set lists on hard difficulty settings. There are many players out there that struggle to play guitar and drums on harder difficulty levels. I personally play normal for guitar and drums and can play hard bass on the easier songs. Even my wife struggles singing on expert with a lot of songs (and even some on hard) and she has had many singing lessons when she used to do singing and dancing festivals.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a LEGO RB2 sometime next year...provided they're able to bring in a new set of features similiar to the jump from RB1 to RB2.

One fun thing would be more customization of vehicles and venues, which would help play up the building aspects of LEGO moreso than what we saw in the first title.

Also, I wouldn't mind some form of online play, even if it had chat disabled.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Needing to collect the correct lego pieces (through performance and/or challenges) that are needed to build the next vehicle would be a fun twist.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    i actually prefer the LRB World Tour format. seems like more to do and more opportunities to create your own setlists. when i play RB2 world tour, i typically am just re-playing create-a-setlist gigs i've already played.

however, the family filter kills it for me. too many missing songs.

so no on the LRB sequel, but looking forward to an improved World Tour in RB3.
  • 16BitAlex16BitAlex Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Rich T.;3576332 said:
    Yes, if only to finally give Wii owners the music store.
    This, and online play. Wii online is already watered down, so it would be perfect for Lego.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Lego Rock Band as a full fledges spin off series would be ideal for testing the waters on new features... it already did so with the original LRB from pause timer countdowns, tweaked HO/POs, replacing "failing" a song with a chance to play your way back into it and Rock Challenges (where one band member would find himself playing solo).

It was also a brilliant title for me particuarly as it was a very british setlist, look at how many new artists appeared through the game which would have no chance with the more american focused Rock Band games. Lets face it - new features and diverse setlist with a LRB2 or instead look forward to masses of new songs and very little new features for a single artist like with GDRB.

Lego Rock Band is also a brilliant way of making Rock Band family friendly for the young uns at no risk of exposure to the more adult and sometimes unwanted problems that come with online play and a lack of song filter to stop songs daddy can listen to but certainly not the tikes.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Lego:RB is a really good game, and I'd love to see a sequel for it... but I'm sure it's not gonna happen. I have no idea what their sales expectations were, but it definitely sold much less than the other Lego games. I just can't see Traveller's Tales being on board for a sequel, but who knows?
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. It's good family fun and as long as it's exportable, we only stand to gain, not to lose.
  • TylerFGTylerFG Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a LRB2, since I made a wishlist.
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I tend to play lego:rb more than 2 and I'd probably stop playing 2 completely if it wasn't for the FF filter. I like feel a lot.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Doubt it under the same reason unplugged won't have a sequel, low sales from virtually no marketing. I like the influx of mainstream tracks on non rb main game release years.
  • WiiLOL11235WiiLOL11235 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Only if it has In This Moment.
  • masterjoker77masterjoker77 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    yes but maybe be a little more free with the filter because answer me this how many peopel already play teen rated games when they 10 years old probably a lot and music games are more acceptable as a t game then a t rated war game to most parents i'm sure just let the rating get to t and free up some of the filter of course no swear words or naythign but like let me take an example form band hero (yes i know it's a diffrent company) they filter the word whiskey from american pie and it totally ruins the song
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    No. Biggest RB regret was picking L:RB up at full price. Just keep the DLC flowing, so we don't have to spend $ on marginal track packs. I just shudder at the thought of having to buy L:RB2 because they bundled a handful of decent songs with a bunch of filler material as in the 1st one.
  • geo731geo731 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Some of the videos were neat though. Especially the ones taylored to the song like Ghostbusters. If there were a lego 2, what songs would you like to see based in part on the lego video it could have?
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Bullseye;3598461 said:
    No. Biggest RB regret was picking L:RB up at full price. Just keep the DLC flowing, so we don't have to spend $ on marginal track packs. I just shudder at the thought of having to buy L:RB2 because they bundled a handful of decent songs with a bunch of filler material as in the 1st one.
    You didn't have to buy it.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    General Lein979;3578156 said:
    Doubt it under the same reason unplugged won't have a sequel, low sales from virtually no marketing. I like the influx of mainstream tracks on non rb main game release years.
    This is TT and their Lego series we are talking about - they just keep on churning them out and for the best part they all tend to be great fun and have a great reputation as a company and all that DESPITE barely any marketing for any of the titles.

I like the idea of a franchise of Rock Band for the younger audience, seeing Lady Gaga sell trillions make me think its a safe way of making good revenue if they keep pandering to the young modern market (though Gaga of course not ideal for young listeners). LRBs biggest problems were lack of online and leaderboards which is what the RB2 crown most coveted for the title, as such most just got the game exported and moved back to RB2. It also had a brilliant british setlist but thats likely to have affected the core American audience as im not sure how much of it they were familair with and considered this before purchasing.
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    If they wait till next year, and add on a lot of the features coming to RB3, and some multiplayer, I'd get it.