Comments

• SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    agentcoop007;3574612 said:
    So the stage Kit DOES work for RBN??
    Yes and no - the light show works, but the main strobe and the fog machine is disabled for RBN, for fear of absue and because the playtesters may not own a stage kit.

When you see the full on stage kit in action, it is very impressive!
  • revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    The lights and strobe (in songs with strobe)work in every song I've played so far. From what I've heard, the fog doesn't.
    I haven't used the fog in a long time anyway.
  • agentcoop007agentcoop007 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the info. I've seen the "Stage Kit" on clearance at Best Buy, One of the reasons I didn't pick it up was because I heard RBN doesn't support it.

The last link for "he sleeps in a grove" was using the strobe. As for the fog machine, thats actually the other reason I havn't got it yet. because my wife has asmha (sp?) and If I got the Stage Kit I would have to NOT use the fog machine anyways.

Hmm I wonder if eBay has the kit without the fog machine? hmmm
    edited March 2010
    agentcoop007;3574631 said:

Hmm I wonder if eBay has the kit without the fog machine? hmmm
    You need the fog machine for the kit to work. The light connects to it for power, and the strobe is part of the fog machine. There are two switches on the fog machine. One for power, and the other to turn on the fog. If you don't turn on the fog, you will get the lights and strobe without the fog. That's what I do.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Post videos for the Coulton songs!
  • agentcoop007agentcoop007 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    revengefan;3574639 said:
    You need the fog machine for the kit to work. The light connects to it for power, and the strobe is part of the fog machine. There are two switches on the fog machine. One for power, and the other to turn on the fog. If you don't turn on the fog, you will get the lights and strobe without the fog. That's what I do.
    Good to know that i need the whole package, last price BB had was $24.99 much better then eBay right now anyway
    edited March 2010
    agentcoop007;3574665 said:
    Good to know that i need the whole package, last price BB had was $24.99 much better then eBay right now anyway
    $24.99??? Nice!

Sadly, from what HMX has said, RB3 will not support the kit though :(

But for that low of a price, I may buy another one just to have it in the interim!
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Cool! Thanks for showing that with Hyperbole!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    SequenceF;3574736 said:
    $24.99??? Nice!

Sadly, from what HMX has said, RB3 will not support the kit though :(

But for that low of a price, I may buy another one just to have it in the interim!
    Really???? I missed HMX saying that. That really needs to be added to the RB3 Rumors and Facts thread. Can you post a link to that information in the rumors and facts thread?

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171722

Thanks!
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't the Stage Kit take up a controller spot?

So you can't have a 4 player band?
    edited March 2010
    It does take up a controller spot. The light has all the XBox buttons on it, so it becomes the singer's controller. You can still have a 4 player band.

I don't recall hearing that Rock Band 3 wouldn't support the kit. Where did you hear that? All the DLC and RBN has to work, so I don't see them making any drastic changes to the way they chart.
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    To the OP: Glass Hammer put your odd little video on their Facebook status. :P
    edited March 2010
    Sayburr;3574787 said:
    Really???? I missed HMX saying that. That really needs to be added to the RB3 Rumors and Facts thread. Can you post a link to that information in the rumors and facts thread?

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171722

Thanks!
    There was a while back that it was mentioned that future support for the stage kit was discontinued, but I'd hate to put anything in the thread unless I could find the source (in case I misread something). I assumed that would mean RB3, but at the same time, I don't think it would be difficult for them to leave the cues in for existing songs and even make the new RB3 disc songs activate the kit randomly.

Most of the stores like WalMart and Best Buy also list it as discontinued. It's a shame too - it really is a lot of fun to have!
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I've added Rose of Jericho's "Buried Cold" to the OP.

I have one for Marillion's "Whatever Is Wrong With You" and will make one for my dawg davidshek's band Wounded Soul ("Rx") tomorrow.

Then I'll probably just go ahead and do videos for the other RBN songs I have.
    NoThru22;3574647 said:
    Post videos for the Coulton songs!
    You're funny!
    Mickstafa;3574972 said:
    To the OP: Glass Hammer put your odd little video on their Facebook status. :P
    Fo rizzle?! I'm gonna check it out, thanks!
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3574796 said:
    Doesn't the Stage Kit take up a controller spot?

So you can't have a 4 player band?
    if your using it chances are you are not playing online

you know that usb in the back you normaly plug wireless adapter into? you realize that is an extra slot for controlers too right :)

so 4 way adapter + 2 spare slots = 6, = 4 instruments + control + stage kit
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad people are enjoying the songs using the Stage Kit.

When working on venue authoring, I create it specifically with it in mind. It really adds something extra to the songs when it's done well.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;3575364 said:
    will make one for my dawg davidshek's band Wounded Soul ("Rx") tomorrow.
    That's totally going up on our FB page!
  • RagdollHeroRagdollHero Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I hope the stage kit still works with future games; I only just got one myself. It would surprise me if it didn't, especially considering it works with RBN. At the very least I would expect the lights will continue to work, and maybe not the smoke part.

Anyway, this is the only thing I could find:
    Harmonix has confirmed to our pals over at Joystiq that a compatibility patch won't ever be produced for TB:RB, and when pressed about compatibility with future titles, the rep simply stated that the company "hasn't announced any future titles at this time." Looks like this party's over, folks.
    I guess we'll find out when GD:RB is released. If that supports it, I cannot see why RB3 wouldn't. Although it would be nice if we could get some official confirmation as they now have announced future titles.
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3575480 said:
    That's totally going up on our FB page!
    Cool! I'm lighting Facebook up! :D

Marillion's "Whatever Is Wrong With You" now added to the OP. New shoots to be done tomorrow.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I'll definitely pick one of these thingies up if they work with RB3!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    That is seriously awesome to see in action
  • The_SpleenThe_Spleen Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I wish there was a way to make the stage kit work on the PS3.

le sigh.
    edited March 2010
    RagdollHero;3575484 said:
    I hope the stage kit still works with future games; I only just got one myself. It would surprise me if it didn't, especially considering it works with RBN. At the very least I would expect the lights will continue to work, and maybe not the smoke part.

Anyway, this is the only thing I could find:

Quote:
    Harmonix has confirmed to our pals over at Joystiq that a compatibility patch won't ever be produced for TB:RB, and when pressed about compatibility with future titles, the rep simply stated that the company "hasn't announced any future titles at this time." Looks like this party's over, folks.

I guess we'll find out when GD:RB is released. If that supports it, I cannot see why RB3 wouldn't. Although it would be nice if we could get some official confirmation as they now have announced future titles.
    Good eye, Ragdoll! It doesn't specify one way or another exactly, but Harmonix has always done right by all of us in terms of backwards compatibility, so even if the RB3 songs do not have stage kit functionality, there should still be cues for the 1000+ songs we already have and I'm pretty good with that actually.

At the very least, the stage kit is no longer being stocked at most retail locations and I don't blame them - the larger music instrument boxes take up a considerable amount of room and I would think that retailers are actually losing money on them and would prefer to start consolidating.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I've been trying to get hold of one of these for a while in the UK and haven't been able to! Anyone got a spare? ;)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;3575364 said:

You're funny!
    No, they're funny, and the best songs on the RBN! Ha!
  • rick-Orick-O Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    The_Spleen;3576074 said:
    I wish there was a way to make the stage kit work on the PS3.

le sigh.
    Me too! I wish Harmonix would just realease the interface definitions so we can hack the stage kit for use on the PS3.

I did buy one on clearance for 24.99. Head over to this thread http://docsrockbandmods.netforums.us/simple-application-for-pc-stage-kit-control-vt3143.html There are a couple programs that allow you to use a PC/laptop to control the stage kit. It's better than nothing.

Rick

PS: The RBN should be called the "XBOX360 Network"
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I would love to see the Ultra Saturday songs with this thing, Not My Fault specifically.

*Nudge Nudge*
    edited March 2010
    Our own davidshek's band Wounded Soul and their song "Rx" added to the OP. It's still processing, so the video quality is even worse right now. :D

My last songs to upload are "Give", "Bleeder", and "Descend into the Eternal Pits of Possession" from The Cold Goodnight, Alchemilla, and The Project Hate MCMXCIX respectively.

I had to record Project Hate a few times. The first recording was 7 seconds too long for YouTube. Second try, a coworker called and I had to stop to hear what was up. Third attempt, the strobe went out and I had to turn everything off and back on. Fourth try got it done. I almost got sick of the song. :p
    wesjett08;3576976 said:
    I would love to see the Ultra Saturday songs with this thing, Not My Fault specifically.

*Nudge Nudge*
    :D

Give me your monies and I'll be glad too! ;)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    rick-O;3576909 said:
    PS: The RBN should be called the "XBOX360 Network"
    loltrolling
    Starfleet_Rambo;3577188 said:
    Our own davidshek's band Wounded Soul and their song "Rx" added to the OP. It's still processing, so the video quality is even worse right now. :D
    Woo! I'll go put it up on our facebook page right now. :)
    (the lights during the guitar solo and bridge are awesome!)
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;3577188 said:

:D

Give me your monies and I'll be glad too! ;)
    :(