All That Remains - Days Without

Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Glad to see this one came out the other day. The drum chart looks really fun and not too difficult. Probably notched between 2 Weeks and Chiron in difficulty. Now I saw what Six would be if released. Man I was scared.:eek:

Comments

• DrThirteenDrThirteen Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    So how does the guitar and bass charts look like?
  • TheFacelessTheFaceless Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I can see why any song from The Fall of Ideals would scare you away haha. They had Shannon Lucas, the current drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder, drumming on that album. Since then they have picked up a new drummer, Jason Costa who is good, but no Shannon Lucas. That's why the drum charts from Overcome won't be as difficult.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yeah Shannon has mad skills. Check him out on You Tube where he plays WAHNTAC at a music store. Sick how he keeps his rhythm.

I only saw the drum chart. Just search for the song + rock band and if someone recorded it, it should be up.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I haven't got the full song but the preview had really fast bass pedal on drums (as you'd expect from ATR,) and a solo at the beginning that was absolutely awesome to play on guitar.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    The guitar chart was pretty fun. Nothing too challenging, two solos, etc.

@Thom: There is a lot more bass than that later in the song. Almost made me fail.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yeah the part at the end that I have trouble with on drums are beats that are:

RY OY RY

My brain wants to hit the reds and orange at the same time. That's the main riff of BFF but way faster.
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I think All That Remains should stop putting out Chiron songs just because they're too uncomftorable with their older stuff and sounding too heavy for all the teens who got into their light stuff.

/sentence.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    SomethingWithPeaches;3575076 said:
    I think All That Remains should stop putting out Chiron songs just because they're too uncomftorable with their older stuff and sounding too heavy for all the teens who got into their light stuff.

/sentence.
    I'm pretty sure they are putting out songs from Overcome because it's their latest album and want to promote it.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Honestly I like the technicality of Overcome much better than I like The Fall Of Ideals.

The drumming might be better on TFOI but the vocals and guitar work are WAY better on Overcome.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Overcome is awesome, but it's no FOI.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3575116 said:
    Honestly I like the technicality of Overcome much better than I like The Fall Of Ideals.

The drumming might be better on TFOI but the vocals and guitar work are WAY better on Overcome.
    I agree that the guitar work on Overcome is better, but the clean vocals and melodies sound exactly like something a 90's boyband would do, which I can't help but cringe at.

Still, the songs from Overcome are more fun on guitar than the stuff from FoI would be, and I think that, while a lot of the songs from FoI would be crazy on drums, I can't imagine they'd be very fun for anyone except the top-tier players.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Really gotta disagree, Phil's clean vox are thick and pretty manly. I don't see the boy band comparison.

A lot of those clean vocals are actually "fire" vocals anyways...
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited March 2010
    All That Remains had one really cool album, [I]Behind Silence and Solitude[/I], and the rest are blurred somewhere between awful and forgettable.
  • GoatGodzGoatGodz Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    So far, I think they did a great job at selecting the songs they did so far....even if they were off of Overcome. Every song has its high points, but for me, singing vocals for Two Weeks and Days Without are my favorite; until Undone comes out anyway.

Any idea what stage the two remaining ATR songs are in? How close they are to being approved?
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3575116 said:

Overcome was okay imo, but I feel like they went way to mainstream on that album; at least for my taste. I thought every song from The Fall of Ideals was great, where as Overcome had many songs that were decent, but sounded a lot a like. Idk I just think ATR is heading in the wrong direction for my musical taste. :( I still love Oli either way :D
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd really like to see some stuff from 'Behind Silence and Solitude' or 'This Darkened Heart'.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I really hope we can get "The Air That I Breathe" at some point. That song is great!
    edited March 2010
    BrutalBrian;3576299 said:
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd really like to see some stuff from 'Behind Silence and Solitude' or 'This Darkened Heart'.
    Your not completely alone. :D Both of those albums were great as well! Very overlooked. Doubt we'll see songs from those albums though considering the fan base ATR has gained from Overcome. We'll see. :rolleyes:
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Oscar-Rio;3575423 said:
    All That Remains had one really cool album, [I]Behind Silence and Solitude[/I], and the rest are blurred somewhere between awful and forgettable.
    That is the only album that I actually have the physical disc for. Totally worth it too.