RBN Songs in TOUR CHALLENGES

digtheflypygmydigtheflypygmy Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is one thing that's been bugging me about the network. Unlike the official DLC released through HMX, the RBN tracks don't seem to come up in the Challenges in Tour mode. For example why isn't there a Jonathon Coulton Challenge? and why does Push Push not appear as part of the Bang Camaro challenge? Just curious as to what the deal with that is.

Comments

• TVRobotTVRobot Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    wondered this myself.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    digtheflypygmy;3575812 said:
    This is one thing that's been bugging me about the network. Unlike the official DLC released through HMX, the RBN tracks don't seem to come up in the Challenges in Tour mode. For example why isn't there a Jonathon Coulton Challenge? and why does Push Push not appear as part of the Bang Camaro challenge? Just curious as to what the deal with that is.
    Because RBN songs don't participate in Tour Challenges. They also don't take part in Mystery Setlists.

That's just the way it is.
  • digtheflypygmydigtheflypygmy Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    that makes no sense
  • DarkPh0enix1DarkPh0enix1 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    read somewhere that they had to take out a lot of options from the songs in order to simplify the song making process, like interactivity with the stage kit and how the song's parts are in percentages instead of chorus/verse/soloA/yadayadayada. tour challenes, mystery setlist selection, promotional benefits like promotional giveaways (a possibility) and additional bells and whistles that HMX personally adds are the tradeoff for "do it yourselves" expediency from labels and indie artists that might not have gotten out sooner. just my guess.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    digtheflypygmy;3575862 said:
    that makes no sense
    It doesn't make sense because we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with the file.
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I really hope this is something they can change with RB3 (assuming Tour Challenges return, which they better).
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DarkPh0enix1;3575917 said:
    read somewhere that they had to take out a lot of options from the songs in order to simplify the song making process, like interactivity with the stage kit and how the song's parts are in percentages instead of chorus/verse/soloA/yadayadayada. tour challenes, mystery setlist selection, promotional benefits like promotional giveaways (a possibility) and additional bells and whistles that HMX personally adds are the tradeoff for "do it yourselves" expediency from labels and indie artists that might not have gotten out sooner. just my guess.
    But, sounds pretty reasonable to me.
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    How about just fixing it with the next minor patch? Kinda like a new releases option in the RBN store that includes ALL new releases, not just 10...and also I can add that to my request for a song filter in the menus that sorts by content release date, so that when I go to make a setlist, i can go directly to playing stuff I just downloaded, a must for those like me with 300+ DLC
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    braves22;3576913 said:
    How about just fixing it with the next minor patch? Kinda like a new releases option in the RBN store that includes ALL new releases, not just 10...and also I can add that to my request for a song filter in the menus that sorts by content release date, so that when I go to make a setlist, i can go directly to playing stuff I just downloaded, a must for those like me with 300+ DLC
    I honestly doubt there will be another patch that adds new features. The games is almost 2 years old. Im guessing there is only one more patch up the line, and thats for exporting to RB3.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3577044 said:
    I honestly doubt there will be another patch that adds new features. The games is almost 2 years old. Im guessing there is only one more patch up the line, and thats for exporting to RB3.
    This.

RBN songs are still very new. It's not surprising some features simply don't support these songs. This may change for RB3, but even if it doesn't, I'm pretty happy just to have these songs in general. HMX can only release so many songs a week, so there was no guarantee we'd even get these. And if we did, we probably would've had to wait a while. Honestly, I bet that's why some bigger names, such as Third Eye Blind, decided to go with RBN. This way they get their songs out there sooner.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    I love Tour Challenges, but who knows what RB3 will introduce. It could be that they're thinking forward, and while it sucks those features aren't supported for RB2...there's new things coming in RB3 that RBN songs WILL work with.

It would make sense to help RBN developers get their songs out there without having to include feature that may not be implemented going forward.