But What About?

ccruz3693ccruz3693 Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was wondering what happens to songs that don't get the reviews(in the Rock Band Network) that it needs to be published for ex. Job For A Cowboy - Unfurling A Darkened Gospel

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    That's up to the submitter. They can just put it back up. If it failed peer review for a reason I would think they would make the proper changes first.
  • ccruz3693ccruz3693 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    o, okay thanks I thought that some of the song that are not rated would be excluded from the game's store
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Kind of nice to hear something failed. It's good to see that people are really looking into each song and giving solid feedback.

+1 for playtesters.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    XinZ;3576766 said:
    Kind of nice to hear something failed. It's good to see that people are really looking into each song and giving solid feedback.

+1 for playtesters.
    songs fail almost every day
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    Yeah just because a few songs with issues manage to sneak out doesn't mean the testers aren't doing their jobs.

There are some songs on their tenth+ revision before they make it to the store.

A failed song doesn't mean that it is done and never comes back.

It just means that version of the song isn't ready yet. It gets changed, a new version is put up, and it goes through the process again.

Unless an author just outright gives up on making changes, every song submitted(as long as it doesn't have legal issues), will eventually end up in the store.

For the most part.
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    noble;3576848 said:
    Yeah just because a few songs with issues manage to sneak out doesn't mean the testers aren't doing their jobs.

There are some songs on their tenth+ revision before they make it to the store.

A failed song doesn't mean that it is done and never comes back.

It just means that version of the song isn't ready yet. It gets changed, a new version is put up, and it goes through the process again.

Unless an author just outright gives up on making changes, every song submitted(as long as it doesn't have legal issues), will eventually end up in the store.

For the most part.
    Don't get me wrong, I never doubted you guys. I just worded that wrong. I have the utmost respect for every last playtester and author. I just never actually heard about any song failing the process. It's just nice to actually hear a little more about what's going on over there.

Again though, I didn't mean to offend you guys, you're doing some really awesome work!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    XinZ;3578856 said:
    Don't get me wrong, I never doubted you guys. I just worded that wrong. I have the utmost respect for every last playtester and author. I just never actually heard about any song failing the process. It's just nice to actually hear a little more about what's going on over there.

Again though, I didn't mean to offend you guys, you're doing some really awesome work!

No offense taken. :D

It's just that we have to keep quiet about a lot of the process, so I realize a lot of people don't even know the basics of how a song is handled in the testing/review process.

Thought I'd shed a little light on the subject ;)