3/23/10 DLC Discussion - X, Little Fish, Carrie Underwood, and more

Comments

• randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Wow. A whole lot of songs from bands I never heard of, and a few from bands I wish that I had never heard of. :( I'll pass.
  • Abn0rMa1Visi0nZAbn0rMa1Visi0nZ Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I don't know, I gave a listen to a couple of X songs and decided it's not my style....I'll take the free song and save my money for something I know. No offense, anyone.
  • RommelRommel Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    No thanks, I'll pass, hopefully something good shows up on RBN.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 2010
    This is quite genius on Harmonix's part to include a free song from an artist along with buyable tracks, so definitely going to give Little Fish a chance. X and Ace Fehley sound awesome, so I will check them out as well! I love unknown weeks, you discover great stuff!
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    wha .... ???

major pass.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3576780 said:
    Never heard that song until now.
  • KrakenhedsKrakenheds Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Grats to the 10's of people who requested these....Yay for RBN!!!
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Oh why, Harmonix, are you pushing X on us now when we can't do harmonies in RB2? John and Exene are like chocolate and peanut butter!
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    they missed my two favorite X songs, but there really aren't any bad choices for them... i will be getting all 4, of course.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Is it me or has RBN releases and prospects been better than the actual DLC for the last 2-3 weeks?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    That's our best free track, no doubt about it. And Little Fish is discounted, impressive.

What an odd week. X is pretty cool, but I'll admit I'm surprised to see a 4-pack. Ace's solo stuff and Carrie Underwood... pffffff.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I have 32 demos of RBN songs that I can get for mostly a buck, so I'll just sift through those if I want songs that I don't know.
  • deathjunior6deathjunior6 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    This week is a complete and utter fail, oh well at least I still have my Rust in Peace album to keep me busy
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I thought for sure there would be ROCK this week after Boy George circa 2010 last week. Bands like STP, maybe a hair band or a classic rock band or current rockers like Mudvayne or Slipknot. Silly, silly me....Thank GOD NCAA tourney is here and if more games like yesterday it will be Rockband DLC what Rockband DLC, they have been on hiatus since early February....
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3576748 said:
    I'll assume that people who haven't heard of Carrie Underwood and OneRepublic aren't in the US.. Also who hasn't heard of Ace Frehley? X was a pretty big deal.
    I'm in the US, and Carrie Underwood is the only one I know of.

But I'll take a free song, and it's a free and 2 cheep female fronted songs apparently, though there may be no bass on any of them.
    edited March 2010
    Soror_YZBL;3576816 said:
    Oh why, Harmonix, are you pushing X on us now when we can't do harmonies in RB2? John and Exene are like chocolate and peanut butter!
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I've never heard of any of these musicians before.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    kitlerc;3576777 said:
    Whoa, totally missed the part that said "Am I Crazy” will be available only on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and will be a free track." before. I love free stuff!
    I love free stuff too. But I don't need that tune on my hard drive.
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Nothing for me from this batch (please don't let my wife see that Carrie Underwood is coming. Please don't let my wife see that Carrie Underwood is coming.), but thanks anyways Harmonix :D
    edited March 2010
    Bront20;3576831 said:
    I'm in the US, and Carrie Underwood is the only one I know of.

But I'll take a free song, and it's a free and 2 cheep female fronted songs apparently, though there may be no bass on any of them.
    Ace used to play guitar in a little local band named Kiss, you may have heard of them.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    **** yeah, X. I might have to get some points this weekend.
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Okay..I only know Ace.
  • RockonforeverRockonforever Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Funny thing is Wii doesn't even get the free track. LMAO.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited March 2010
    I don't know any of those bands.

Meh, gonna pass this week too. Not even gonna download that free song, not my taste.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Wow. For a minute there, I thought April fools day had come a week early...
    Sorry, but this is a really weak offering. I didn't care much for Los Angeles in GH:80s. Don't like Carrie underwood, I'm hit or miss with KISS, don't expect much from one of the lesser-knowns in the band. OneRepublic, who everyone should know from their hit "Apologize"...well, they're not good.
    I'll have to give the little fish and x tracks a listen before I decide if the week is a total wash.
  • gamrrpolgamrrpol Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    noble;3576725 said:
    I like to think I'm up on music, but uhhhh....who are x and Little fish?
    Don't know about Little Fish but X is one of the most interesting bands ever. Their debut album, Los Angeles, is an all-time punk classic and they challenged bands like Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag as champions of the early 80's LA punk scene.

But they were much more than that, eventually incorporating roots rock and country (!) into their musical repertoire. A truly seminal band worth looking into.
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The announcement should have read, "Week of 3/23/10- Meh, who?, some chick your wife loves but you despise, that dude from Kiss, and ok, I think I know that song from t.v. promos."
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3576748 said:
    I'll assume that people who haven't heard of Carrie Underwood and OneRepublic aren't in the US..
    Who?
    kingtonyx;3576748 said:
    Also who hasn't heard of Ace Frehley? X was a pretty big deal.
    -shrug-

All I know is Carrie. Pass
  • B. ViciousB. Vicious Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    this is the first time since rb2/gh:wt came out that i can say guitar hero truly kicks rock band's ass as far as dlc (not countint rbn)

ugh, what a fail week, if it weren't for RiP, this year would just be complete and utter garbage. yeah, there's a few tracks i enjoy, but jeez o man there is so much crap.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    even the GH-fanboys are laughing at us this week.
This discussion has been closed.