RBN Songs are not picked randomly in tour mode?

revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I know it's been documented that RBN songs won't show in Mystery Setlists, but they also never show up in Make a Setlists if you choose the Random Song option. I had never seen it choose an RBN song at random, so I decided to test it.
I have alot of RBN songs, and I went into the 8 song Make a Setlist, and had it choose 8 random songs over and over for about 10 minutes and it never chose an RBN song. It looks like the only way to play an RBN song in Tour Mode is to choose it.
If you go into Quickplay and have it choose a Random Song, it will pick RBN songs with no problem.
I don't know why the RBN songs are not chosen at random in Tour. Hopefullly it is just an oversight by HMX and not purposely done. What would be the reason?

This isn't that big of a deal now. We can play Quickplay instead of Tour. Our band has done every gig, and we were only playing in Tour to get more fans. I would hope that Rock Band 3 will integrate the RBN songs into the Tour so they will at least come up if you chose the Random Song option, but I would really like them to show up in Mystery Setlists if possible.

Comments

• jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Just use Make a Setlist and actually pick the song. Don't use the Random Song option. Then you can get it in BWT mode.

For whatever reason, RBN songs can't come up with the random/mystery setlist options. They also can't show up in Tour Challenges and Battle of the Bands.
  • shadowking42shadowking42 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, this is something that also kind of bugs me.....but I guess something that also isn't a huge deal.

I can only speculate, but I think the reason for the problem stems from when you download a "demo" version of an RBN song. I haven't tested this out so I'm shooting from the hip here, but I'm guessing if you download a demo, and then keep it in your collection without buying the full track, that would have left open the option for the demo to appear in mystery setlists, which obviously would be silly.

I am guessing this was just an oversight on HMX's part, and likely also something not on their "to-do" list to fix since they have plenty on their plate as it is. If this HAD come up in testing, it probably would have taken a lot of effort to fix and could've delayed RBN even longer.

I'm saying all this and just hoping that by the time Rock Band 3 comes out, they can fix this issue. Because I really do love me some Mystery Setlists. It's just one of those slightly annoying issues right now I can live with since RBN is kicking so much ass right now. :)
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3577334 said:
    Just use Make a Setlist and actually pick the song. Don't use the Random Song option. Then you can get it in BWT mode.

For whatever reason, RBN songs can't come up with the random/mystery setlist options. They also can't show up in Tour Challenges and Battle of the Bands.
    Hasn't it been said that selecting Random Song on make-a-setlists can select them like any other?

Anyway, since RBN songs are kept in the Rock Band 2 folder, none of the RB games can find them. And either it wasn't deemed important or it was too difficult to get working properly to put in any of the title updates. PS3 and Wii users will probably have them show up like any other DLC
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I read somewhere that the issue with mystery setlists had something to do with them having problems getting RBN songs into the right difficulty mystery setlists, although I'm not sure if that's true or why they couldn't appear with random song that way.

Either way, hopefully they can fix this in RB3. Hopefully they can also add the option to turn off songs from random setlists, because although I like random setlists, I'm also enjoying the ability to buy things that I can't pass without worrying about them showing up randomly.
  • shadowking42shadowking42 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Quazifuji;3580498 said:
    Hopefully they can also add the option to turn off songs from random setlists, because although I like random setlists, I'm also enjoying the ability to buy things that I can't pass without worrying about them showing up randomly.
    Ha! Agreed there! I'm happy with 99% of my DLC but some nights I just dread the possibility of getting certain difficult songs (ie. the Peace Sells album), especially if I'm not warmed up first. Just because I love the songs, doesn't mean that I won't groan if they come up in a Mystery Setlist. lol