What's the most helpful thing I could do?

moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
At the moment, I'm waiting for my friends band to finish mixing their soon to be released CD. I really want to help get more songs completed, and I don't want my XNA subscription to go to waste.
What would be the best thing I could do at the moment to help get more songs through? Would doing songs that are near completion be better? Songs with 0% completion? Should I do songs in Peer-Review? Play-test? If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any songs they're having trouble getting through, I would love to help.

Comments

• vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    my suggestion

1) if you know all instruments really well, make sure to know all the hard rules and everything to look for and do peer reviews.
    2) if your only familiar with certain instruments or are not confident enough to review yet, start with playtesting certain instruments, seriously look at alot of the posts made in the playtest forum to see the kind of things people are finding/doing

if your reviewing, i personaly like to start from whatever is closest to completion
    when testing, do the songs that are closest to being done with their 2 weeks(if they still need more testing)

also keep a lookout for the thread there about what needs attention(playtest request thread, cant remember which forum its in) and check those out as they are requested.

and remember, even when you start authoring(by the sounds of it thats what you plan on doing) dont stop reviewing/testing! doing so will make people want to check your stuff out, get you important advice etc etc and help push it through faster in return
  • moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Awesome, thanks for the advice!
    I play expert reasonably well on all instruments, so I'd love to try to help on all four. Yes, I plan on submitting my own songs as soon as I can, and definitely plan on continuing to review as many songs as I can after that happens.
  • SyntheticBreedSyntheticBreed Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Review Doomsday party by Sybreed and Bled to Be Free (The Operation) by the Rx Bandits. Small request, you'll enjoy them as well!
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    moracnoy;3580100 said:
    Awesome, thanks for the advice!
    I play expert reasonably well on all instruments, so I'd love to try to help on all four. Yes, I plan on submitting my own songs as soon as I can, and definitely plan on continuing to review as many songs as I can after that happens.
    on this note, do NOT test only expert, and if you do, dont do peer reviews
    it kinda sucks, but easy/medium/hard modes are just as important as expert mode is(though expert if anything is a better judge of what to rate difficulty)

i myself play expert guitar/bass/vocals reasonably well(well on vocals you dont need to be an expert to be able to understand what its supposed to look like) and on drums i play medium/hard at best, and only the easiest of songs on expert(depends on how much kick pedal there is lol, my legs are pretty out of shape/dead so i just cant keep up with expert pedaling) so those medium charts really do matter to ALOT of people
    and my daughter players easy everything, so im sure she appreciates good easy charts :)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    How you describe NOT to peer review is pretty much exactly how I peer review.