T-Mobile Artist of the Month

dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey, all RBNers. Looks like that T-Mobile sponsorship is for real. So if you're an RBN artist looking to stand out in the crowd. Check out the link below!

http://t-mobile.rockband.com/

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    What's stupid is, this contest is for bands that aren't already in the RBN. If you win the contest, part of the prize is getting your music in the RBN. The contest makes little sense to me.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3580513 said:
    What's stupid is, this contest is for bands that aren't already in the RBN. If you win the contest, part of the prize is getting your music in the RBN. The contest makes little sense to me.
    Looking at some of the prices out there today to have your songs charted, that's a pretty hefty prize.

Not to mention the promotional aspect.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Well, I guess my main point was that this doesn't really interest people that are already doing RBN stuff or are already in the RBN.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3580547 said:
    Well, I guess my main point was that this doesn't really interest people that are already doing RBN stuff or are already in the RBN.
    Anyone who's already in the RBN can still submit songs, obviously....the contest rules just require that the *song* not be charted yet. So I'm sure several of the "RBN bands" will still submit new songs for the contest.

The promo part doesn't start until June, though....the featured bands only run through June-Dec 2010.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3580606 said:
    US only... again!
    ^ This :mad:
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Kariodude;3580547 said:
    Of course it does. We're already in the RBN and this very much interests us. We'll obviously just submit a different song for this contest than the one that's already in the RBN Store. :)
  • LittleCowDogLittleCowDog Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Well this is pretty lame. I assumed it was just a contest to showcase bands whose songs are already available but might not be getting much visibility in the store.

I mean....who actually reads things nowadays?!
    edited March 2010
    LittleCowDog;3584763 said:
    Well this is pretty lame. I assumed it was just a contest to showcase bands whose songs are already available but might not be getting much visibility in the store.
    Actually, that's a much better idea. And one that could be implemented immediately, instead of having to wait until summer for HMX to chart a new song.

Promote the bands you've already got, guys! Heck, even get the RBN Forums involved -- let the forums vote on next month's T-Mobile Artist, from the pool of the current month's available tracks....
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3584930 said:
    Promote the bands you've already got, guys! Heck, even get the RBN Forums involved -- let the forums vote on next month's T-Mobile Artist, from the pool of the current month's available tracks....
    Clearly that's not how T-Mobile wants to run this thing.
    edited March 2010
    If the forums got to vote, it'd be metal, metal, and more metal.
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3584975 said:
    You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)
  • TrugitrheroTrugitrhero Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3584975 said:
    ...and Top Back
  • edited April 2010
    Hey guys, just wanted to clue you in to today's announcement about the T-Mobile Artist of the Month.

Also, to clarify, any band that submits a track through the link above will be included in the running for free authoring and inclusion in RBN. T-Mobile will have featured Artist of the Month picks through out the year to increase the visibility of groups already in RBN, but only one band is eligible for the grand prize. I think having the additional Artist of the Month picks will be a great way to showcase those bands that are already in RBN.
    edited April 2010
    HMXHenry;3605803 said:
    Hey guys, just wanted to clue you in to today's announcement about the T-Mobile Artist of the Month.

Also, to clarify, any band that submits a track through the link above will be included in the running for free authoring and inclusion in RBN. T-Mobile will have featured Artist of the Month picks through out the year to increase the visibility of groups already in RBN, but only one band is eligible for the grand prize. I think having the additional Artist of the Month picks will be a great way to showcase those bands that are already in RBN.
    Cool :) Just wondering if non-US bands are eligable to be featured? I realise we can't win cos of legalities of prizes etc but does featuring come under that too?
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    LittleCowDog;3584763 said:

I mean....who actually reads things nowadays?!
    My grandparents still read the newspaper.
    edited April 2010
    Just picked up "Tongue Twister Typo" from Blackmarket, this month's T-Mobile AOTM. Great song, great choice. :)

But that *is* different from what the contest rules originally laid out.....this track was authored by The Authority, and released on Day One (March 4). So.....HMX *isn't* authoring the tracks....??? And it doesn't have to be a song that hasn't already debuted on the RBN....??? Just seeking clarification.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    cherokeesam;3610911 said:
    Just picked up "Tongue Twister Typo" from Blackmarket, this month's T-Mobile AOTM. Great song, great choice. :)

But that *is* different from what the contest rules originally laid out.....this track was authored by The Authority, and released on Day One (March 4). So.....HMX *isn't* authoring the tracks....??? And it doesn't have to be a song that hasn't already debuted on the RBN....??? Just seeking clarification.
    There are artists of the month that are picked from songs already released. Then there is the 'grand prize' for songs submitted that aren't in Rock Band yet. They are two separate things. Or at least that's how I interpret it.
    edited April 2010
    DragoonXD;3610971 said:
    There are artists of the month that are picked from songs already released. Then there is the 'grand prize' for songs submitted that aren't in Rock Band yet. They are two separate things. Or at least that's how I interpret it.
    You interpreted it corrected. The Artist of the Month promotion and the Grand Prize (having your song authored by HMX) are two different things.
    edited April 2010
    davidshek;3611389 said:
    You interpreted it corrected. The Artist of the Month promotion and the Grand Prize (having your song authored by HMX) are two different things.
    Okay, cool.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I was glad to have picked up Tongue Twister Typo --- I had skipped over this track originally, but I was happy to pick it up as T-Mobile AOTM, and would encourage everyone else to do the same. Not because it's corporate spoon-feeding, but because any promotion like this that goes national (international...???) is not only good for that band, but for the RBN as a whole. The more hype we can get for the Network, the better. :)