Should Neversoft just be an Author for RBN?

aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Given the state of the Guitar Hero games, and the decline in their popularity, should Neversoft give up the GH banner and make songs for the RBN.

We could get some of the decent Neversoft bands like Endless Sporadic.

I don't think it is extremely likely, but I would love to see it happen.

It could be sort of the way that Nintendo and Sega used to compete and Sega failed at consoles so they started just making games for Nintendo and other consoles.

I think it is a great idea.

Comments

  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    If they started now, they could have practice for doing good charts for GH6
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'd love to see some Endless Sporadic on RB, but I agree that's it's not very likely. At least not yet. GH still doing fairly well in sales. If and when it does happen though, I can imagine it being quite a hit on their charters' egos to have their charts rejected over and over again.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Let's not forget Descend Into...'s guitar chart got approved. I'm sure that isn't over-charted >_>

    ...is it? I have read a bunch of different people say it is, though I can't say for sure myself. It plays like something straight out of Frets on Fire though, imo.
  • screwtopscrewtop Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I can only imagine how badly their charts would be savaged during peer-review.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    screwtop;3580864 said:
    I can only imagine how badly their charts would be savaged during peer-review.
    i can already see it

    easy with ALL chords, orange hits on medium
    3 fret chords on all difficulties

    nasty EASY solos with the excuse "well we only used the first 3 frets"
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    they´re free to do as they wish, however they have to pay the usual cuote as everybody if they want to enter into the RBN world, besides, their songs would be terrible overcharted lol.
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I feel like this would be really humiliating for them......and I would love it.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    DekarTheDragoon;3580858 said:
    Let's not forget Descend Into...'s guitar chart got approved. I'm sure that isn't over-charted >_>

    ...is it? I have read a bunch of different people say it is, though I can't say for sure myself. It plays like something straight out of Frets on Fire though, imo.
    That's what it seemed like to me, and I hated it for that. Awesome song, horrible chart.
  • hippodragon9hippodragon9 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Say what you like, but I LOVE their bass charting. They suck at toms, though.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I support this, they have a decent licensing team.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    hippodragon9;3580981 said:
    Say what you like, but I LOVE their bass charting. They suck at toms, though.
    The problem with their drum charts is that they are aimed at Guitar Hero drums. It just doesn't work for Rock Band drums.
  • bootz0rsbootz0rs Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    There are quite a few songs from Neversoft bands I would love to have and a bunch of An Endless Sporadic songs I would love. Maybe after April we will start seeing some.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited March 2010
    KEWB;3580854 said:
    I'd love to see some Endless Sporadic on RB, but I agree that's it's not very likely. At least not yet. GH still doing fairly well in sales. If and when it does happen though, I can imagine it being quite a hit on their charters' egos to have their charts rejected over and over again.


    You obviously missed the news where a lot of the neversoft team has been sacked and the rest of the team are getting the same treatment after GH6 is completed in April.

    But they've got a lot of talented people on their team despite if you like or dislike guitar hero. I've always felt that GH was charted like it was to make it feel different from RB. Otherwise we'd just have two RB games on the market ;)

    I'm sure if or when they do decide to chart stuff for RBN(kind of like Wavegroup), they could adapt to the RB style quite easily.

    IMO.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Yeesh, you guys are directing your hate towards Neversoft for some reason. I do not know why

    I would love to see Neversoft authoring in Rock Band
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    blzbub74;3580828 said:
    With the way that they've butchered GH, do we really want them having anything to do with RB?
    GH5 was better than RB2.

    So if they butchered it, then I feel sorry for Harmonix.


    That said, Endless Sporadic would be nice.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    KEWB;3580854 said:
    I'd love to see some Endless Sporadic on RB, but I agree that's it's not very likely. At least not yet. GH still doing fairly well in sales. If and when it does happen though, I can imagine it being quite a hit on their charters' egos to have their charts rejected over and over again.
    Would they even get so far as actually making a chart? I'd imagine they would go crazy because there's no Expert+ difficulty...

    Semi-related question...do each of the four difficulty charts have to be created separately or do the authors just do the expert level and the system makes the 3 lower levels?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    deathmonkey;3581088 said:
    Would they even get so far as actually making a chart? I'd imagine they would go crazy because there's no Expert+ difficulty...

    Semi-related question...do each of the four difficulty charts have to be created separately or do the authors just do the expert level and the system makes the 3 lower levels?
    All created manually.

    Also, I think you guys are being way too harsh on Neversoft (even though this is a Rock Band forum).
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    I agree, Neversoft does fine.

    Remember they are slaves to Activision right now.
  • espherespher Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Even if it was just their 'house' bands, there's definitely some potential.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    inb4 toymachine (rightly) makes a snarky comment about how stupid this thread is.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I could possibly see some people from Neversoft that got laid off making an authoring group if they aren't soured on the plastic instrument genre of course.

    Also Neversoft's charting staff can probably chart better than a large majority of the stuff submitted for Peer Review. Don't kid yourself.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    toymachineSH;3581333 said:
    I could see some people from Neversoft that got laid off making an authoring group if they aren't soured on the plastic instrument genre of course.

    Also Neversoft's charting staff can probably chart better than a large majority of the stuff submitted for Peer Review. Don't kid yourself.
    inb4 "GO DIE FANBOI"

    He's right, people, alot of the RBN charts are pretty terrible, and people on here just hate NS because they chart accurately.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3581334 said:
    inb4 "GO DIE FANBOI"

    He's right, people, alot of the RBN charts are pretty terrible, and people on here just hate NS because they chart accurately.
    Show me these charts, because the majority of tracks that I have checked out had very good charts. Except that Descend Into the... song and that new guitar-only song, I have no problems with the tracks submitted to the RBN. Which is more than I could say about Neversoft (at least old Neversoft)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    RockGamer has super high quality, nearly Harmonix-worthy. Mickstafa, TheAuthority, and RhythmAuthors are in the next tier of quality in my mind, and then it kinda drops off after that

    I mean, go die fanboy
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Goatbuster;3581342 said:
    Show me these charts, because the majority of tracks that I have checked out had very good charts. Except that Descend Into the... song and that new guitar-only song, I have no problems with the tracks submitted to the RBN. Which is more than I could say about Neversoft (at least old Neversoft)
    watch out, hes gonna show you easy charts with 3 fret chords and medium charts with orange frets in it!

    no seriously, people think theyd make better charts, but lets face it, theyd have to follow ALL the charting rules put forth, and most of their charts for GH in the past do not follow said rules to begin with that RBN set forth for them
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3581368 said:
    watch out, hes gonna show you easy charts with 3 fret chords and medium charts with orange frets in it!

    no seriously, people think theyd make better charts, but lets face it, theyd have to follow ALL the charting rules put forth, and most of their charts for GH in the past do not follow said rules to begin with that RBN set forth for them
    You are really exaggerating here. Through the Fire and Flame is as overcharted as overcharted gets and has no chords on easy.

    Actually, Harmonix is the only one to put orange frets on medium. Which ironically, is also coming to RBN ("Arterial Black" - Drist).
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3581377 said:
    You are really exaggerating here. Through the Fire and Flame is as overcharted as overcharted gets and has no chords on easy.

    Actually, Harmonix is the only one to put orange frets on medium. Which ironically, is also coming to RBN ("Arterial Black" - Drist).
    you need to look over songs made in the past a bit more closely, GH3 was riddled with orange notes in medium
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3581383 said:
    you need to look over songs made in the past a bit more closely, GH3 was riddled with orange notes in medium
    Name one please? At the time GHIII came out, I was at a medium skill level and played (on that difficulty) all the time. I don't remember any orange on medium.
  • thrillhouse987thrillhouse987 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3581389 said:
    Name one please? At the time GHIII came out, I was at a medium skill level and played (on that difficulty) all the time. I don't remember any orange on medium.
    The only medium chart I ever remember having an orange note was Push Push Lady Lightning in GH2..
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3581389 said:
    Name one please? At the time GHIII came out, I was at a medium skill level and played (on that difficulty) all the time. I don't remember any orange on medium.
    i was on medium too and i had a few wtf moments when i saw them, cant remember what songs they were on, cant even check now that ive sold my game back to gamestop many a years ago

    but that game is infamously overcharted to begin with and pretty much none of those songs would pass peer review
Sign In or Register to comment.