Majorly offended! No Semi-Charmed on PS3

Veggie-TrunksVeggie-Trunks Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I hope every Rock Band staffer gets this!

I'm a heavy girl gamer and I've been a Rock Band fan since it first came out. Rock Band has put out a TON of great music in these last couple years, I loved the Beatles Rock Band, and even the Lego Rock Band, and definitely can't wait to play Green Day Rock Band.

I've requested some stuff in the past on here but most of it never made it on here like Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls, but I was okay with that. This, however, is just unforgivable.

I go to see what are the last songs that have been put in DLC since I've been busy with other games in 2010. To my complete and utter amazement, Semi-Charmed Life, my FAVORITE SONG IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE, is on Rock Band!!!

I rush to the Music Store and go to find it!....only to see it's not there. I check under Third Eye Blind. Not there. So I go back on the site and I'm like "WTF?". Then I see why it's not on there. It's only on XBOX 360!!!

ARE YOU JOKING!?!?? Since when are there exclusives for these songs?!?!?! I know this is probably ridiculous to a lot of you but I was seriously ready to burn my Rock Band game. I have been DYING for this to be put on Rock Band and just when it is, it's on a system I don't own and can't stand! You have got to be absolutely joking.

I, I just....I just don't understand =( why is this happening? Will it ever be on the PS3?! I am just so pissed about this. I tried to be calm about it but the more I think about it, the more I wanna never buy another Rock Band anything EVER.

Comments

• Luur32Luur32 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm still confused on how RBN is gonna work for PS3 and Wii. Are they gonna get every song over to the other consoles, or just top picks?

Also, what does being a girl gamer have to do with anything?
  • Flux_Capacitor22Flux_Capacitor22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;3584187 said:
    Didn't know it was based on higher selling, that sucks for bands who want to get their songs to more people.
    It may be more than just the highest selling tracks. This thread has requests for songs to be ported over once the exclusivity period expires.
  • ZebracakesZebracakes Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm good news if the top selling ones make the Wii too, didn't think we were getting any of the RBN songs. Can anyone confirm/clarify this?
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Luur32;3584188 said:
    I'm still confused on how RBN is gonna work for PS3 and Wii. Are they gonna get every song over to the other consoles, or just top picks?

She could be claiming to be a sickly child in a wheelchair, she's still not going to get the answer she wants. Better off hitting up the RBN threads and lurking a bit.
  • NightmarezNightmarez Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The only issue I have with RBN is the fact 360 will get all the tracks PS3 and Wii will only get the top selling tracks. and that is not good, I have seen quite a few songs on the RBN list, and if they all are top sellers I'd be surprised. I can live with the wait in release time difference, but not to get all the tracks, bites.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Don't be too upset, OP. Semi-Charmed Life has some audio issues. I know, I own it. :(

Semi-Charmed Life will likely come to PS3, so don't worry about it. Third Eye Blind is a big name band, not an obscure indie band.
  • benginobengino Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Nightmarez;3584208 said:
    The only issue I have with RBN is the fact 360 will get all the tracks PS3 and Wii will only get the top selling tracks. and that is not good, I have seen quite a few songs on the RBN list, and if they all are top sellers I'd be surprised. I can live with the wait in release time difference, but not to get all the tracks, bites.
    and as has been stated numerous times, contact Sony to try and get a tool like XNA available on the PS3 so you good people playing Rock Band 2 on the PS3 can have full access as well. Not sure how it would work though as Sony doesn't seem to want to do too much with stuff people may want. I mean, Microsoft has Indie Games which isn't all great titles but it allows for regular people to release games for purchase, it also charges the companies the amount of bandwidth it uses for demos and such (from what i read) which is the reason why they currently can offer the free PSN. The next step, Sony to possibly release degrading demos! (which is in no way any better then EA charging monies for really long demos! hurray for gouging fans!!)
  • JStryker47JStryker47 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm surprised we even got that song at all, seeing as how it's about doing drugs.
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    JStryker47;3584224 said:
    I'm surprised we even got that song at all, seeing as how it's about doing drugs.
    right because we don't have any other songs about doing drugs or anything...
  • Veggie-TrunksVeggie-Trunks Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Luur32;3584188 said:

I dunno, forgot I even wrote it. Didn't realize it would ruin your day to know I was a girl =S anyway, thanks everyone for the extremely speedy comments O.O I feel a little better knowing I might see this song on the PS3 soon. Mannn I was so annoyed lol.

And for the person who said go read the bazillion things on all this stuff, I literally have been out of the loop for months, sorry. I had no idea this was going on, didn't even cross my mind to think that is what was up.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RBN has its own forum, OP.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Flux_Capacitor22;3584193 said:
    It may be more than just the highest selling tracks. This thread has requests for songs to be ported over once the exclusivity period expires.
    Yeah, there is a request thread. It's not official though. Someone just started the thread hoping it would make a difference. The only official thing right now is that the big sellers will make it to the other consoles.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2010
    Veggie-Trunks;3584256 said:
    I dunno, forgot I even wrote it. Didn't realize it would ruin your day to know I was a girl =S anyway, thanks everyone for the extremely speedy comments O.O I feel a little better knowing I might see this song on the PS3 soon. Mannn I was so annoyed lol.

And for the person who said go read the bazillion things on all this stuff, I literally have been out of the loop for months, sorry. I had no idea this was going on, didn't even cross my mind to think that is what was up.
    Listen to it/Sample it first.

I was hoping to buy it on the PS3 when it came, only to cross it off. The vocals are barely audible (At least they were on the youtube previews I watched).
    edited March 2010
    Bront20;3584368 said:
    Listen to it/Sample it first.

I was hoping to buy it on the PS3 when it came, only to cross it off. The vocals are barely audible (At least they were on the youtube previews I watched).
    There were people who didn't have issues with the sound, but let's not go down that dusty trail since there's already 2 or 3 arguments in the RBN forum. To be fair, there would have to be some amount of people who download a track after hearing the 30 second audio clip.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited March 2010
    weirdphil;3584375 said:
    There were people who didn't have issues with the sound, but let's not go down that dusty trail since there's already 2 or 3 arguments in the RBN forum. To be fair, there would have to be some amount of people who download a track after hearing the 30 second audio clip.
    I simply wanted her to listen to it first before buying it. If it's ok for you, then go for it. If it's not, then don't. Better than buying it and complaining :)

Also, isn't there now a 1 minute playing preview?
  • I8Snow4AuroraI8Snow4Aurora Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I like that song too, Veggie. If you can put up with some Classic Hard Rock with a fair mix of tunes from the 90's, Semi-Charmed Life is one of the Guest Artists songs on Guitar Hero: Van Halen. It's a rather plain looking game by today's standards but it does have some good tunes.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    jeccaneko;3584217 said:
    Don't be too upset, OP. Semi-Charmed Life has some audio issues. I know, I own it. :(

THIS x1000

/thread
    edited March 2010
    Bront20;3584378 said:
    I simply wanted her to listen to it first before buying it. If it's ok for you, then go for it. If it's not, then don't. Better than buying it and complaining :)

Also, isn't there now a 1 minute playing preview?
    I'm lazy, don't wanna download a demo, then exit store.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    Veggie-Trunks;3584174 said:
    I'm a heavy girl gamer
    Literally or figuratively? I need to know before I flirt with you
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Nightmarez;3584208 said:
    The only issue I have with RBN is the fact 360 will get all the tracks PS3 and Wii will only get the top selling tracks.
    Buy rate is only one motivating factor for what songs will carry over. If there is enough support for the RBN on the PS3 and Wii when songs start coming over they'll do what they can to bring other songs over.

But with over 180 songs in the first few weeks there is only so much they can do.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I almost hope from the OP that there is some kind of issue that prevents her from downloading it once it comes to PS3. I joke, I joke.

Perhaps Harmonix shouldn't have called it a "30 day exclusivity period" because that's not what it is, really. The maps for Call of Duty MW2 are exclusive to the 360 because Microsoft paid extra for it. The Who Superbowl S-Mashup (and New Fang) was Xbox 360 exclusive for around 45 days becuase of Sony's DLC approval process. I have a feeling that some songs won't even make it in 30 days to the PS3, even if Harmonix tries.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3584474 said:
    Perhaps Harmonix shouldn't have called it a "30 day exclusivity period" because that's not what it is, really.
    From MS's perspective that's exactly what it is. Songs on the RBN are exclusive to their platform for 30 days, at which point MS no longer cares and it's at HMX's discretion what songs they'll bring over and when.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid is right. Why do people have so much trouble with the concept?
    edited March 2010
    Who says that T-Hybrid is right? I am theorizing the "exclusivity" has to do with DLC clearance, not holding onto a song for 30 days. I am almost positive it has more to do with the logistics of getting it onto another platform than anything else.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3584589 said:
    Who says that T-Hybrid is right? I am theorizing the "exclusivity" has to do with DLC clearance, not holding onto a song for 30 days. I am almost positive it has more to do with the logistics of getting it onto another platform than anything else.
    He is right. They cant even submit it to Sony/Wii until the 30 days is up. See announcment for The Beatles - All you need is love.
    edited March 2010
    Ehfahq;3584596 said:
    He is right. They cant even submit it to Sony/Wii until the 30 days is up. See announcment for The Beatles - All you need is love.
    I'm looking at it and I don't see what you're talking about. If they can't even submit to Sony or Nintendo for 30 days, then we're looking at much greater than 30 days before we see any tracks (though I don't know how long Nintendo takes to certify stuff.)
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3584649 said:
    I'm looking at it and I don't see what you're talking about. If they can't even submit to Sony or Nintendo for 30 days, then we're looking at much greater than 30 days before we see any tracks (though I don't know how long Nintendo takes to certify stuff.)
    For all you need is love, when the exclusitity deal was up on Jan 31st, the Wii didnt get the track until 2 weeks later, the PS3 4 weeks later. Because they couldnt submit them until it was up.
    edited March 2010
    So now assumptions have become fact even with the more seasoned posters? What's the forum coming to?
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Go cry about it, but in the end it's your fault for buying a PS3.

;D

They really need to get RBN worked out, it really isn't fair.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3584686 said:
    So now assumptions have become fact even with the more seasoned posters? What's the forum coming to?
    Im sorry, but when they say its a 30 day exclusive, it means its a 30 day exclusive. There is no assumption.
This discussion has been closed.