The Children Of Nova thread (full EP now available)

RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
These guys kick serious ass!

"The Complexity Of Light"

Guitar chart
Drum chart
Bass chart

I hope that more from them comes to the RBN (basically, the rest of their EP):

"Arcaedion" (Available)

"The Fall Of Aphonia" (Available)

"Second Sight Blackout" (Available)

"The Order" (Available)

"We Collide" (Available)

Definitely one of the more interesting bands that RBN has clued me in to.

Update: All the songs from the EP are now available. Download and play through it in a set. It is as awesome as it was predicted it would be.

Comments

• aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Definitely my favorite RBN song!

I do hope we get lots more from this band.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I really wish they would have put this song in RB3, just so a larger majority of people can enjoy this song. I really hope it sells well to have the rest of EP for future tracks.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3584350 said:
    These guys kick serious ass!

I hope that more from them comes to the RBN:

"Arcaedion"

"The Fall Of Aphonia"

"The Order"
    Agreed, just actually got the EP last night and was thinking how awesome the rest of the tracks would be!
  • HDShadowHDShadow Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3584362 said:
    Go listen to "Arcadeion"!

I think it would be harder than "The Complexity Of Light" (at least, I guess it would be harder)
    As much as I like that song too, We Collide is so much more fun sounding to me. But like I said, the whole E.P. would be great!
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I really want Second Sight Blackout
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    They are pretty good (not getting the song yet, because I can't pass the demo picking up the EP eventually though) for the new wave of Neo-Prog bands we still need Magenta, Pendragon, and my personal favorite Arena :D
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Fizzeler;3585143 said:
    They are pretty good (not getting the song yet, because I can't pass the demo picking up the EP eventually though) for the new wave of Neo-Prog bands we still need Magenta, Pendragon, and my personal favorite Arena :D
    We put just as much love into the lower difficulties :) Don't let an expert chart stop you from enjoying the awesomeness of Children of Nova !
    edited March 2010
    Mithin;3586269 said:
    We put just as much love into the lower difficulties :) Don't let an expert chart stop you from enjoying the awesomeness of Children of Nova !
    The fact that I am currently low on funds hesitates me, but I will pick up the track this or next week and probably bump down to hard on hyperspeed for drums
    edited March 2010
    I have played this song on every instrument and I really can't believe how fun it is across the board.

Congrats RockGamer and Children of Nova!

My favorite song on RBN counting the songs I had heard and was looking forward to.

Buying the EP Friday!
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    I have to ask...

Why isn't this song getting more recognition?

It is (IMO) one of the best songs I've purchased from the RBN, and has become one of those songs I need to play every time I fire up Rock Band.

From other threads, it appears that people are passing it up. Why?
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3589078 said:
    I have to ask...

Why isn't this song getting more recognition?

It is (IMO) one of the best songs I've purchased from the RBN, and has become one of those songs I need to play every time I fire up Rock Band.

From other threads, it appears that people are passing it up. Why?
    Cause it's not a well-known song from a popular band or an earlier GH title.

Semi-Charmed Life has been completely torn apart and criticized over the vocal mix, and I believe that's doing quite well. Popular song/band.

People went nuts over the announcement of "Even Rats" by The Slip, because it was in an earlier GH game, despite being completely unknown to anybody unfamiliar with the series or not related to the band.

I believe that the sales records of RBN will be heavily skewed in favor of familiarity, and not necessarily worth, value, or skill or the individual song or artist. Which is rather upsetting for us PS3 folks.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, Semi-Charmed Life is still a fun song, but with the bad vocal mix it does add a hint of disappointment to playing it.

As I've said. Anyone on any instrument should be picking up this song!

It is 160 MSP, but it's truly one of the best on the RBN.
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3589821 said:

As I've said. Anyone on any instrument should be picking up this song!

It is 160 MSP, but it's truly one of the best on the RBN.
    It is also 6 minutes in length. :D

So, you get "value" (whatever that means) for the price.
    edited March 2010
    RockBandRocker;3591477 said:
    It is also 6 minutes in length. :D

So, you get "value" (whatever that means) for the price.
    Yeah definitely!

I would have gotten my value even if it was only 3 minutes as many times as I have played it.

lol
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3591728 said:
    Yeah definitely!

I would have gotten my value even if it was only 3 minutes as many times as I have played it.

I know I've gotten my money's worth of entertainment from it.
    edited April 2010
    I updated the OP to include a couple chart videos for any of those people who may still be on the fence about this song.

With the news about the RBN slowly coming to the PS3, what can we 360ers do to make sure HMX ports this song over?
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    RockBandRocker;3645762 said:
    With the news about the RBN slowly coming to the PS3, what can we 360ers do to make sure HMX ports this song over?
    Emphasize repeatedly that this is the best song on RBN?

(How have I never posted on this thread? Craziness!)
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited April 2010
    I definitely want to get this song... to my pleasant surprise I could pass the demo, despite being really rusty on drums. Gonna be near top priority when I get some points.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited April 2010
    I'll eventually purchase this song. Maybe if hi-hat wasn't on red I would have done so already.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited April 2010
    UPDATE!!

I just bought and played this song on expert drums and I LOVED IT!!!

Hi-hat on red is a problem for me, but I survived it well enough.

Only thing that could have made this song better for me is if it had been a steal at 80 MS points! :D
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, this song is amazing. I really hope that it comes over to the PS3.
    edited April 2010
    I'm really tempted to ask them on Facebook if they have an interest in adding the rest of the The Complexity Of Light EP to the RBN.
    edited April 2010
    RockBandRocker;3653741 said:
    I'm really tempted to ask them on Facebook if they have an interest in adding the rest of the The Complexity Of Light EP to the RBN.
    not a bad idea, that is similarly what happened to Scale The Summit and I believe they are bringing all of Carving Desert Canyons to RBN (I know they are at least bringing a track from it) :)

Then again direct contact through e-mail might be a better option

Next batch of great Prog. probably won't come until MGA releases their Spock's Beard and even better WatchTower tracks :D
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    Fizzeler;3653744 said:
    Next batch of great Prog. probably won't come until MGA releases their Spock's Beard and even better WatchTower tracks :D
    MGA is disbanded. Which is why Graveyard BBQ were posting here looking for an author.
  • TheUnrivaledTheUnrivaled Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    well on their facebook some kid asked "Sorry, couldn't come to the concert, not 21...yet. You guys should really put another song on rock band(3)?!?!? you guys are AWESOME." and they said "We'll be putting all of them on there eventually stay tuned!!" so don't get over excited but they said it

This was on April 14th so you might need to do some scrolling down to find it
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/childrenofnova?ref=ts
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited April 2010
    ^ That's awesome! I really hope so!
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited April 2010
    Best song on RBN by far.
    edited April 2010
    DragoonXD;3653974 said:
    MGA is disbanded. Which is why Graveyard BBQ were posting here looking for an author.
    ah man :(
    Fragory123;3654224 said:
    Best song on RBN by far.
    not for me that goes to The Mob Goes Wild
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    TheUnrivaled;3653977 said:
    well on their facebook some kid asked "Sorry, couldn't come to the concert, not 21...yet. You guys should really put another song on rock band(3)?!?!? you guys are AWESOME." and they said "We'll be putting all of them on there eventually stay tuned!!" so don't get over excited but they said it

This was on April 14th so you might need to do some scrolling down to find it
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/childrenofnova?ref=ts
    That sounds good. All of their other songs are just as awesome as Complexity of Light (from a sound perspective and from a have-interesting-technical-parts-that-should-be-awesome-to-play-in-Rock-Band perspective), so I'd love to see more of them.
  • edited April 2010
    I'd love to see the rest of their EP on RBN too, I quite enjoy it. And Complexity of Light is definitely in my top ten songs that I hope will make it to the PS3.