Where are the RBN charts?

xianzaixianzai Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'd like to listen to a song and see the charts ( drum ) before I buy it. Does a thread on this exist yet or a list somewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• xianzaixianzai Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Jarr, I've seen your vids before and appreciate them. Is there a master list somewhere with links to the chart videos?
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    xianzai;3584545 said:
    Thanks Jarr, I've seen your vids before and appreciate them. Is there a master list somewhere with links to the chart videos?
    No master list......I've lost two youtubes already so it might be a little pointless to keep track....(all links will become broken)

but you are welcome :)
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Goto the store and download the demo's ... That's a small little preview at least.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Dogmatic posts full guitar charts of about half the songs. Vildill also posts drum videos, but with Breakneck Speed on.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I can't imagine there being a comprehensive collection of videos for RBN songs. Nearly 200 and counting in less than three weeks...
    edited March 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3584898 said:
    I can't imagine there being a comprehensive collection of videos for RBN songs. Nearly 200 and counting in less than three weeks...
    The people who post weekly DLC videos (me included) I can almost guarantee that they won't buy 100% of all the RBN AND DLC songs; there won't be video archives off 100% RBN DLC (unless someone is REALLY rich haha) will get very expensive soon. $5.50 wasn't too bad a week, but that number more than 10x w/ 9 "official" DLC a week, plus RBN 20-30? a week.

*side note* I don't think anyone even has 100% of all regular DLC videos......Nepean, S1ck, gregg, nor I ever had 100% DLC, also we each lost 2 youtube accounts (nepean only 1) No one reuploaded all those lost DLC and just stayed current.
    wesjett08;3584708 said:
    Goto the store and download the demo's ... That's a small little preview at least.
    The demo's are all and good buddy but theres still a demand for FULL chart videos. Which is kinda why I was defending them in that thread on the creators site that was closed. The more videos, the more people will see them, the more buyers there will be. 30% demo isn't enough for a lot of people.
    edited March 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3585057 said:
    The demo's are all and good buddy but theres still a demand for FULL chart videos. Which is kinda why I was defending them in that thread on the creators site that was closed. The more videos, the more people will see them, the more buyers there will be. 30% demo isn't enough for a lot of people.
    The odds that a chart isn't going to be representative enough at 30% is rather low. At that point, you should already know what sort of chart you're looking at, especially with the difficulty rating staring at you in the store.

30% might not be enough for some, but eventually interest in a song should be about more than just a scrolling string of coloured buttons on a screen. It's also more than you get for 'real' DLC even when the weekly stuff doesn't always have a video available.
    edited March 2010
    I've played a few songs that don't even reach their first refrain after a minute, which is when most drum charts switch up.
    edited March 2010
    NoThru22;3585157 said:
    I've played a few songs that don't even reach their first refrain after a minute, which is when most drum charts switch up.
    Out of nearly 200 songs, this is an issue for how many?

Most of us are veterans at this point. We can listen to a song and have an idea what it might be like for a particular instrument of choice. Being able to see what the difficulty rating (far from perfect, but also far from being absolutely wrong) should also provide some helpful information.

Besides, if it's a song that had you on the fence but there is no video. Then drop a buck or two on it and post the video yourself. Ultimately, is it really likely that the chart will make that big of a difference after the entire process it had to go through just to get approved?
    edited March 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3585192 said:
    Out of nearly 200 songs, this is an issue for how many?

Most of us are veterans at this point. We can listen to a song and have an idea what it might be like for a particular instrument of choice. Being able to see what the difficulty rating (far from perfect, but also far from being absolutely wrong) should also provide some helpful information.

Besides, if it's a song that had you on the fence but there is no video. Then drop a buck or two on it and post the video yourself. Ultimately, is it really likely that the chart will make that big of a difference after the entire process it had to go through just to get approved?
    You can scream this until your blue in the face. Fact is A LOT of people want to see the full chart. No matter what you think. Its a help to the community to who ever posts videos. Why are you so against it anyway?? Do the videos hurt you or something?

The thread has derailed enough I think. Please no need to get this thread locked.
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The demos have yet to sell me on a single song, and I've downloaded almost all of them. They can definitely make me look further into a song, like hearing a full mp3 or something, and that may lead to a purchase, but that's it. I definitely enjoy the demos, but I will probably never buy a song because of a demo, whereas I have bought many many songs by seeing the full chart.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I've been looking for drum videos for two songs.

Gave It Up by Pollyn
    and
    Too Hot To Handle by Carl Douglas

I'm on the fence about those two...they could be fun and doable..but i'm not sure.
  • kuiosiklekuiosikle Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Your best bet is to contact and encourage authors to post full band videos of the songs after the final verison has been approved for sale. As far as lists go, there's a video on the page of each approved song on:

http://www.rockgamerstudios.com/songs/
    http://www.rhythmauthors.com/songs.php

and others.
    edited March 2010
    I'm about 50/50 on demos to final purchase. Quite a few demos have got me to buy the final song but I've actually watched an equal amount of full charts on Youtube before making my buying decision. I have 720 songs total so I'm not stingy, but I feel like I can be more selective now that I have such a large collection.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Gurnkiller posts full drum videos of a lot of RGS songs, so that's another source of videos.

Also, youtube searches can work well sometimes. You usually won't find anything immediately after the song comes out, but sometimes you can find the song you're looking for, especially if it's a big release (there were videos of Mordecai fairly quickly, for example) or it's been some time since it came out.
  • jeremyd5jeremyd5 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Quite frankly I've never understood why there isn't a central place to view Rock Band & Guitar Hero DLC charts. Unless the chart for the song really sucks, these bands are eliminating potential downloads by not having a video of the entire chart online. I know I'm not the only person who has purchased a song from an unfamiliar band after watching a video.

Now I can accept the viewpoint that a few lost downloads would mean nothing to bigger bands like Iron Maiden & Megadeth. But for these smaller/independent artists, posting a video of the entire chart would only increase your chances of someone buying your song so why wouldn't you make sure a video was available?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    jeremyd5;3595524 said:
    Quite frankly I've never understood why there isn't a central place to view Rock Band & Guitar Hero DLC charts. Unless the chart for the song really sucks, these bands are eliminating potential downloads by not having a video of the entire chart online. I know I'm not the only person who has purchased a song from an unfamiliar band after watching a video.

Now I can accept the viewpoint that a few lost downloads would mean nothing to bigger bands like Iron Maiden & Megadeth. But for these smaller/independent artists, posting a video of the entire chart would only increase your chances of someone buying your song so why wouldn't you make sure a video was available?
    Charts can also convince someone to not buy a song.
  • jeremyd5jeremyd5 Unsigned
    edited March 2010

I would agree with your statement. The only reason I can see for not putting a video online would be if the track sucks. But with it being so easy to spot a good track from bad one, why would a band with a quality track want to hide it? Let people see it so they can tell their friends that it's worth buying. Besides, it's not like the video influences whether or not a person will enjoy the actual music. If the only thing I needed to determine if a song in Rock Band was worth buying was the music, well then I could just do a quick search for the song and within moments be listening to said song online. Unfortunately, you can't do that with all the RBN charts.

I don't want it to sound like I hate Rock Band Network. I love that Rock Band Network is bringing all this music to a larger audience. Already I've found a new band I like (Amberian Dawn) and am looking forward to discovering other new music. But with so many songs being released each week and only having so much money to spend, I just would like to make sure that what I'm buying is going to be worth my money.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I've seen charts on youtube for all the songs I've been interested in.
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3595533 said:
    Your point being? If someone was going to buy the song, most likely they aren't going to be looking for a video. Videos are mostly for the people on the fence about the song. How does that DECREASE the # of downloads if they don't want it? People that don't want the song and see the chart might change their mind.

Only beneficial for videos.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3596415 said:
    Your point being? If someone was going to buy the song, most likely they aren't going to be looking for a video. Videos are mostly for the people on the fence about the song. How does that DECREASE the # of downloads if they don't want it? People that don't want the song and see the chart might change their mind.

Only beneficial for videos.
    What about all the people against charting of other instruments to guitar? If they check a chart to see that (for example) piano was charted to guitar, they may end up not buying it. I'm not saying it decreases the number of purchases, just saying it can happen.

And I may be the only one here, but when I listen to a song, I can get a pretty good general idea of what the chart looks like (in my head).
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I was going to buy Upstream.
    I saw the chart on YouTube.
    It was awful.
    I now have no desire to buy Upstream.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3595533 said:
    and lets not forget labels/bands who get videos taken down due to copyright infringement
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3596458 said:
    What about all the people against charting of other instruments to guitar? If they check a chart to see that (for example) piano was charted to guitar, they may end up not buying it. I'm not saying it decreases the number of purchases, just saying it can happen.

And I may be the only one here, but when I listen to a song, I can get a pretty good general idea of what the chart looks like (in my head).
    I've said this several times....MOST people need to see the full chart because they want to know what they are buying. Me myself? I don't need to see the full chart for buying a song, but there are people out there.

Yea videos also decrease sales, but by NOT putting videos out there people might/would feel ripped off and more likely to buy another song from the band label or artist.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Would this drum chart honestly make people not want to buy Demon Woman?
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Basically someone should make a topic of youtube links for each song. They don't have to make the youtube videos, just provide the links.
  • TheyAreNextTheyAreNext Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    But not every song will have a video. Remember, to google owned youtube, copyright is a demon and they intend to kill it with the fire.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    V4Vendetta;3600208 said:
    Basically someone should make a topic of youtube links for each song. They don't have to make the youtube videos, just provide the links.
    Are you volunteering to do it? ;) That'd be quite a huge undertaking to start and maintain such a thread, with the near-daily releases of RBN songs.
    edited March 2010
    V4Vendetta;3600208 said:
    Yea.....good luck with that haha Speaking of which, I should really make a play list of my RBN videos xD
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3600555 said:
    Yea.....good luck with that haha Speaking of which, I should really make a play list of my RBN videos xD
    Was thinking of that too. Was hesitant to put anything but Gold Stars up there, but now I'm thinking of putting up RBN videos period just so people can see what's up there and why we spend so much money on it.