SOiL comes to RBN; RockGamer Studios announces "The Lesser Man"

S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
From the press release:
Bieler Bros. Records is once again teaming up with RockGamer Studios, bringing acclaimed hard rock act SOiL to the Rock Band Network.

Bieler Bros. hopes that “The Lesser Man,” SOiL’s latest single off their 2009 album Picture Perfect, can follow in the success of Skindred’s “Stand for Something” as one of the top sellers on the Rock Band Network. “The Lesser Man” is already receiving radio airplay nationwide, and soon you’ll have the chance to play along at home.

SOiL first burst onto the Chicago music scene in 1997, and by 2001 the band’s hit single “Halo” had dominated the airwaves, with a very loyal following emerging out of their Florida fan base. Since then, the band has had a few lineup changes, toured the world, and produced four albums.

On their MySpace page, the group describes Picture Perfect as “a combination of classic SOiL with a twist of back to your roots rock.” The band has listed such bands as Metallica, Sabbath and AC/DC as musical influences. With melodic vocals and infectious hard rock guitar riffs, SOiL does not disappoint.

Over the years, SOiL has toured with giant acts like Korn and Shinedown. They have worked with Grammy-nominated music producers in the studio including Ulrich Wild, known for his work with the Deftones and Incubus.

Recently, the band just wrapped up a tour that started in September ‘09 in the U.S., and took them all the way to Australia by December.

SOiL has received its fair share of accolades over the years. Metal Hammer Magazine awarded SOiL the honor of 2001 Album of the Year for “Scars”. In 2004, their single “Pride” was on the Madden NFL 2004 soundtrack. And Tim King, SOiL’s bassist, was recently named the new EBS Pedal Artist.

Stay tuned to RockGamer Studios for more details on “The Lesser Man,” including preview videos and availability.

For more details, check out SOiL’s official website at http://www.soil-music.com/

Comments

• cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Excellent!
    *throws horns*

Definitely looking forward to this....updating the Prospectus.

Hey, Sick, any chance that Bieler Bros. might be bringing Karnivool into the fold....? "Themata" would be major.....;)
  • MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    We can only hope :) I'd love me some Mobile!
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    No ****! I hope we can get "Halo" at some point as well.
  • Tez555Tez555 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I second the motion for "Halo" one of my fav ever songs that!
  • SM2535SM2535 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3584903 said:
    Excellent!
    *throws horns*

Definitely looking forward to this....updating the Prospectus.

Hey, Sick, any chance that Bieler Bros. might be bringing Karnivool into the fold....? "Themata" would be major.....;)
    YES. Themata would be a GREAT tune.
  • JordanonfireJordanonfire Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I haven't listened to this new single... but if it is anything like their previous album...
    /sigh

Just give me stuff (or everything! :D) from Scars and Redefine, and I'll be extremely happy.
    If it ever comes to the PS3, that is.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Awesome! Even though "The Lesser Man" is one of their weaker songs IMO.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited March 2010
    Jordanonfire;3585456 said:

Just give me stuff (or everything! :D) from Scars and Redefine, and I'll be extremely happy.
    If it ever comes to the PS3, that is.
    Expertly put. Some good stuff on those first two albums in particular - the True Self album that followed and subsequently the lead singer change killed my interest in them
  • JackslamentJackslament Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Not a big fan of the new lead singer, isn't the original lead singer in Drowning Pool now?
    edited March 2010
    Jackslament;3587035 said:
    Not a big fan of the new lead singer, isn't the original lead singer in Drowning Pool now?
    Yup

Throttle Junkies, Scars, and Redefine are three great albums with their original lead singer. My first impression of True Self was that Soil was still making music meant for McCombs (original singer), but it didn't fit with the style of the new singer, so that's why I believe True Self was a weak album. However, now that the new guy has some experience with the band and is now getting a bigger say in the recording process, Soil is a lot more poppish now and overall slower than when they were heavy with McCombs. That's because that's the only thing the new singer is good at, but that's a good thing because Picture Perfect is a pretty solid album all around. Some people don't like Soil's new sound, but I do, and I think they can only get better from here.
  • Maxq333Maxq333 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Woo. One of my favourite bands. I saw them live a few months back supporting Shinedown and they were awesome. I really like Picture Perfect. So yeah. This is great news!
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Pretty cool~ I'd like to get "Unreal" at some point though~
    cherokeesam;3584903 said:
    I'd hope for "Set Fire To The Hive"~
    edited March 2010
    More Bieler Bros.? I wanna see some Nonpoint in RBN...
  • JordanonfireJordanonfire Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Funny thing is I don't really care for Drowning Pool with McCombs.

SOiL and McCombs should just make nice again and make the world a happy place! :P
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I went to see SOiL like 10 years ago around Ft. Wayne, IN when nobody knew who they were.

Can't say I've heard much past debut album. Will definitely pick this up!
    edited March 2010
    Jordanonfire;3587342 said:
    Funny thing is I don't really care for Drowning Pool with McCombs.

SOiL and McCombs should just make nice again and make the world a happy place! :P
    I agree, McCombs can only lead a group that has a certain style of music and Soil had that on their first 3 records and that's why it was so good, but Drowning Pool isn't the best fit for McCombs. If you think, Drowning Pool was an aggressive nu-metal group with Sinner and Desensitized and now they are another post-grunge group with McCombs. DP adapted to him and now their music's not as good.