Suggestions / Improvements For The RBN

deejaymoogzdeejaymoogz Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I am not sure if suggestion post has been started about the RBN. If you yourself have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post your thoughts or ideas.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions for the RBN: when in the browsing menus of "artist", "author" etc., when you get to the letter listing (#-Z) you could place the "new" icon beside the letter or even have a new song page just the same as the RB Store. I find it is a little frustrating going over every single character just to see what songs are new to the RBN after you see the total number of songs in the RBN increase significantly. I do admit I am not on these forums as much as some people and I see there is information of new songs being posted on the RBN, but I am one of those who usually going through the game itself and checking out the songs through the RBN.

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I found that a problem myself. There is currently no good way to find new songs and preview them.

The xbox.com site does not list them
    The "the music" page on this site allows you to sort by date, but does not offer previews (sound snipits).
    The Rock Band RBN store offers sound snipits and demos, but doesn't allow you to sort to see what the new songs are.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    well, there is a way to preview the top 10 newest songs..
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I think it's a pain in the butt to delete demos or choose to purchase them. Deleting them leads to a thirty second loading screen and to buy them, it kicks you back to the main menu!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    1) Create a discounted membership rate for the XNA Creators Club. Not everyone is interested in/can afford to be both an author and a playtest/reviewer. Reduce fees for people who want to sign up as Playtest/Reviewer Only or Author Only.

2)Expand the playtesting eligibility requirements to non-Americans.

3)Make the RBN more fully functional and integrate it into regular RB --- in other words: Challenges, Battle of the Bands, random playlists.

4) Press MS to expand the Creators Club into the countries currently restricted from purchasing RBN songs --- e.g., Australia, New Zealand, Norway, etc.

5) Drop the "only in America" authoring requirement. The XNA allows indie gamemakers to author and submit games from all over the world; international bands shouldn't be forced to divvy up the royalties with an American authoring studio.

6) Make *all* the RBN songs available to the PS3 and Wii. Microsoft can still enjoy their 30-day exclusive, but PS3 and Wii owners shouldn't have to be enslaved to the DLC tastes of 360 owners in selecting just a handful of the songs.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    cherokeesam;3585944 said:
    1) Create a discounted membership rate for the XNA Creators Club. Not everyone is interested in/can afford to be both an author and a playtest/reviewer. Reduce fees for people who want to sign up as Playtest/Reviewer Only or Author Only.

2)Expand the playtesting eligibility requirements to non-Americans.

3)Make the RBN more fully functional and integrate it into regular RB --- in other words: Challenges, Battle of the Bands, random playlists.

4) Press MS to expand the Creators Club into the countries currently restricted from purchasing RBN songs --- e.g., Australia, New Zealand, Norway, etc.

5) Drop the "only in America" authoring requirement. The XNA allows indie gamemakers to author and submit games from all over the world; international bands shouldn't be forced to divvy up the royalties with an American authoring studio.

6) Make *all* the RBN songs available to the PS3 and Wii. Microsoft can still enjoy their 30-day exclusive, but PS3 and Wii owners shouldn't have to be enslaved to the DLC tastes of 360 owners in selecting just a handful of the songs.
    1) dont we all wish
    2) not up to hmx, this is a xna thing
    3) probly wont happen, they are making songs, and those features your talking about are COMPLETELY handled by hmx
    4) if they arent already trying to do it, dont count on them doing it just for rbn
    5) itl probly change eventualy here
    6) eh, youll get what you get, be glad they are even bringing anything over at all imo, though all songs would be for the best for the community, it may not be the best idea from a business standpoint if thats whats gonna hold some of it up
  • BUBBA6969BUBBA6969 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    @cherokeesam- Totally agree on #6. I'm hoping for that too or at least the option to choose the songs I want.

@vedis- Obviously you are a X-box owner.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    BUBBA6969;3586166 said:
    As a 360 owner myself, there is really no reason to not hope PS3 owners get all songs. They deserve to be able to experience all the awesome songs. It's just not likely to happen, whether you believe that or not.
    edited March 2010
    BUBBA6969;3586166 said:
    @cherokeesam- Totally agree on #6. I'm hoping for that too or at least the option to choose the songs I want.

of course i am! but i also understand why things are and know where to direct the frustration(if its even reasonable to expect things at all)

i mean come on now, weve known about it being this way for HOW LONG?

i am in no way bashing ps3 owners, the ps3 itself or anything, just stating peoples misunderstanding of whats really going on with things :)
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    vedis;3586013 said:
    2) not up to hmx, this is a xna thing
    I think you gave too simple an answer there. Certainly XNA is up in many countries. That RBN isn't available for testers/authors in those countries doesn't seem like an "xna thing"
    edited March 2010
    ethicalpaul;3586940 said:
    I think you gave too simple an answer there. Certainly XNA is up in many countries. That RBN isn't available for testers/authors in those countries doesn't seem like an "xna thing"
    i was more refering to the countries that dont even have xna and such at all
  • capomojocapomojo Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Sort by date posted in RBN Music Store. The "top 10 newest" isn't the same!

Also please fix the preview sound.
  • deejaymoogzdeejaymoogz Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    capomojo;3592200 said:
    Sort by date posted in RBN Music Store. The "top 10 newest" isn't the same!
    I really like this idea. Since there are updates that easily pass the 10 song mark. Unless they regulate the number of songs for each week to be 10 or fewer. Plus that top 10 only showcases the top 10 songs; sure they are in the top 10, but it doesn't necessary mean that you yourself is going to like these songs.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited March 2010
    -Drop the option to price songs at $3. As a simple consumer, I can't justify a 50% markup for certain songs over much bigger hits in the main store. The slightly limited features don't help matters.

-When clicking "Added" on this page sort it in descending order the first time instead of ascending so I can more easily see the new stuff (better yet, make the date the default sorting). I know it's only another click, but it's one of those little things that bugs the hell out of me.

-If possible, open up beta testing to more people who don't mind putting in all the time but don't want to pay a lot of money on top of that. The hard part of this is making it so that people don't abuse the system and take advantage of getting songs early and for free.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3592565 said:
    -Drop the option to price songs at $3. As a simple consumer, I can't justify a 50% markup for certain songs over much bigger hits in the main store. The slightly limited features don't help matters.

-When clicking "Added" on this page sort it in descending order the first time instead of ascending so I can more easily see the new stuff (better yet, make the date the default sorting). I know it's only another click, but it's one of those little things that bugs the hell out of me.

-If possible, open up beta testing to more people who don't mind putting in all the time but don't want to pay a lot of money on top of that. The hard part of this is making it so that people don't abuse the system and take advantage of getting songs early and for free.
    Yeah I really want to help test songs, but I'm waiting til my budget will allow a $100 drop.

*sigh*
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3592607 said:
    Yeah I really want to help test songs, but I'm waiting til my budget will allow a $100 drop.

*sigh*
    There's also 4 months for 50 bucks...in case you want to try it out first and if you don't like playtesting you'll have only blown 50 instead of 100. :)