Rbn questions?

AneurysmBowAneurysmBow Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Any official date?
Also, will we be getting the same amount of songs as 360?
Also, do the song tiers go incorrectly to the top of the list? Or do they mix in with the other songs?

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    As far as I know..

No
    Maybe
    Yes
  • AneurysmBowAneurysmBow Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3585923 said:
    As far as I know..

No
    Maybe
    Yes
    Thanks Man, Hey, I'm From Mississauga =D
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    AneurysmBow;3585929 said:
    Thanks Man, Hey, I'm From Mississauga =D
    haha awesome :D that's where I'm at when I'm in town! over in the Port Credit area
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    AneurysmBow;3585915 said:
    Any official date?
    Also, will we be getting the same amount of songs as 360?
    Also, do the song tiers go incorrectly to the top of the list? Or do they mix in with the other songs?
    Probably should've specified "Other platforms."

I don't know how Tony could've answered your third question with "Yes," and as far as I can tell they mix in with the other songs, but I'll look at them again later this week if someone else doesn't.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    LoopyChew;3586679 said:
    I don't know how Tony could've answered your third question with "Yes," and as far as I can tell they mix in with the other songs, but I'll look at them again later this week if someone else doesn't.
    Nope, they automatically sort to the top. RB songs get tiered with floating point numbers like so so that you can see how difficult songs in the same tier are compared to each other. RBN songs just have integers 0-7 (0 for No Parts), which means that went sorting by tier, all RBN songs get pushed to the top (least difficult) part of the tier, sorted alphabetically by song title.

They will "mix in" if an RB song happens to have tier value that's an integer. On guitar, "My Last Words" has a value of 7.0, so any tier 6 (I use 0-6, THE CORRECT WAY) RBN guitar songs will be around it.
  • DarkCanuckDarkCanuck Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Okay everyone I am a Newbie to RBN I have not tried to download anything yet but the recent news of The Tragically Hip hopefully making its way to us I definitely will be, so forgive me for being ignorant. Again I have not tried it yet so the question is do I need RB2 to get the RBN songs I still have not purchased it yet :( and have the original:confused:

Thanks in advance
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    The RBN store is currently only available for RB2 Xbox 360, although selected tracks will likely be available on PS3 and Wii starting sometime in the next couple of months, and I'm more than reasonably sure will be usable in future Rock Band titles (but not RB1).