Just bought RX.......why?

batseabatsea Rising Star
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I just bought RX by Wounded Soul......why?...because it is davidshek's band.

Davidshek gives of his time and knowledge freely around here and I want to ensure his song gets to the PS3 and Wii platforms. It is mostly davidshek's fault that I am sooooo addicted to my drums! Thank You, davidshek!

I am an old hippie girl, who doesn't relate much to Metal, even if Girl fronted, but I'll vote with my $ if that's what it will take to ensure RX gets to the PS3 and Wii platforms.

Thank You, davidshek!

Comments

• NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I also intend to buy Rx, I liked the song before, and David's a really kickass guy, so that'll be +1 to releasing Rx on the Ps3 + 360 + Fame for Wounded Soul
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2010
    Starfleet_Rambo;3587769 said:
    Are those in "One"? I ain't listened to the song in a while, but I remember loving the intro you guys did. We getting that song through RBN ever?
    siee;3588199 said:
    Can we get One?
    Not unless we end up re-recording it. The masters for the EP were lost a few years ago. :( But you are getting Payback next!
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    I bought it too shortly after the release of RBN. Absolutely loved it. Wondering, are you guys putting more songs here in RBN?
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited March 2010
    this seems a little over the top.
  • PereiraPereira Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I love 80 point songs. Good cheap DLC ftw. And yeah Rx is awesome.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'd probably buy any new songs they added without thinking.

Rx is a great, fun track!

Keep up the good work David.
    edited March 2010
    BuRn7 CaK3;3588695 said:
    I bought it too shortly after the release of RBN. Absolutely loved it. Wondering, are you guys putting more songs here in RBN?
    3 more (at the very least) in the next several months. "Payback", "Without a Voice", and "Too Late", all of which can be found on our Myspace page. :)
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited March 2010
    My question, a fair one.

If DS isn't on the forums, do you buy the track?
  • PereiraPereira Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589316 said:
    My question, a fair one.

Yes you do.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589316 said:
    My question, a fair one.

Yeah you probably would
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited March 2010
    different strokes for different folks. can't say i'm a fan.
    edited March 2010
    Yep, pretty much, mudman.
    edited March 2010
    bermuddy;3589350 said:
    different strokes for different folks. can't say i'm a fan.
    bmaninc;3589356 said:
    Yep, pretty much, mudman.
    Like I said earlier guys, we know not everybody in the world is going to like our music. Nor do we come close to expecting them to. Everybody has different tastes, and we can't possibly expect that everybody is going to like what we create, especially in the style of female-fronted hard rock.

Feel free to not like it if you wish, it's your choice to make. But despite the fact that you don't, there are quite a few other people out there that do. :)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, I probably wouldn't have bought it sight unseen if DS weren't part of it--it's not my kind of music, normally.

But had someone recommended it to me and I tried the demo, I would have bought it and liked it.
  • batseabatsea Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589316 said:
    My question, a fair one.

Fair question if you are asking me as the OP.

Nope, not my cup of tea. Too many other songs (have 750+) and besides I have to work on my RUDIMENTS to ever be able to play davidshek songs on expert. Kicked my A** last night on hard. :o
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I've previewed it and think it sounds pretty good, even though metal is not my genre of choice. Reminds me of some of Lacuna Coil's music, and I have enjoyed their RB offerings.

In answer to the question that is going around, "if DS isn't on the forums, do you buy the track?"...well, my answer would probably be "no." Not because the song doesn't sound good, but like I said above, that isn't my genre of choice and, like batsea, have too much DLC to bother with songs that my band might not play (my two band-mates really dislike metal of any sort). But, being a fellow real life drummer, and having gotten some great advice from DS, plus simply having some good conversations with him in these forums, I am willing to shell out that little bit of money to support a fellow drummer/forum goer.

Who knows...the song may grow on me. I know the drumming, while being a challenge, is great stuff and the singer has a beautiful voice. :D
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Rx its awesome, all the instruments are a lot of fun, and the vocals are just catchy and powerfull. looking forward to the other WS songs :D
    edited March 2010
    I just ask because I saw in another thread about the top DLC sales, someone said they were surprised there were no Main Drag songs in the top 30. I can't say I'm surprised because I doubt very many people outside the forums are going to download those songs. Same for Vagiant or whatever the name is, Wounded Soul and other bands like that.
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589489 said:
    I just ask because I saw in another thread about the top DLC sales, someone said they were surprised there were no Main Drag songs in the top 30. I can't say I'm surprised because I doubt very many people outside the forums are going to download those songs. Same for Vagiant or whatever the name is, Wounded Soul and other bands like that.
    You are probably right my friend, I highly doubt there are a ton of sales outside of those who are on these forums. But hey, we forum goers (especially WAYDRNers...though I haven't been on in a while) are the hard core RB gamers anyway! ;)

Oh...l loved Seven by Vagiant. It's still one of my favorite songs to play.
    edited March 2010
    I'd actually say the people that frequent WAYDRN play Rock Band less than most people on the forums. :D
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589498 said:
    I'd actually say the people that frequent WAYDRN play Rock Band less than most people on the forums. :D
    Well, you and muddy are really hard core WAYDRNers, so I can understand that. I rarely ever post or read WAYDRN when one or both of you aren't on! But, that's a good thing, you guys keep it going and interesting!!! :D
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589489 said:
    I can't say I'm surprised because I doubt very many people outside the forums are going to download those songs. Same for Vagiant or whatever the name is, Wounded Soul and other bands like that.
    Well I can't speak for Vagiant or The Main Drag, but our fanbase goes way beyond the Rb.com forums, my friend. I'd even venture to say that the forums are a very very small portion of it.
    edited March 2010
    But you're also a regional band, not a national one. I'm talking top 30, I doubt you'll crack that.
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589548 said:
    But you're also a regional band, not a national one. I'm talking top 30, I doubt you'll crack that.
    I doubt it as well. But thanks for bringing your negativity and skepticism into what was otherwise a very positive thread. I'm sure batsea appreciates it :)
    edited March 2010
    I don't get the smiley there.

Its not about negativity, its about being realistic. Are you not a regional band? Where's the negativity? Hell, its not even a criticism. It is what it is.

I'll use T-Hybrid's line: The day we can't have opposing viewpoints on a public forum is a bad day.
    edited March 2010
    davidshek;3589550 said:
    I doubt it as well. But thanks for bringing your negativity and skepticism into what was otherwise a very positive thread. I'm sure batsea appreciates it :)
    No matter how far your band makes it, imo you have all the ingredients to get there. It's just a matter of getting that lucky break that gets you noticed nationally.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589489 said:
    I just ask because I saw in another thread about the top DLC sales, someone said they were surprised there were no Main Drag songs in the top 30. I can't say I'm surprised because I doubt very many people outside the forums are going to download those songs.
    I'm willing to bet that if the Main Drag only put out one or two songs as of now, they would be in the top 30. The problem is that there are so many available and none of them really stand out among all the others, so all the downloads are spread out
    edited March 2010
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    bmaninc;3589316 said:
    My question, a fair one.

Oooh, I like questions.

Short Answer - Yes.
    Long Answer - On RBN release day I sat down and browsed the whole catalogue for about an hour and a half before buying a thing.
    At the end of the night there was some money to spare and "Rx" was one of a number of tracks on the short list of cool sounding songs.
    Tipping factors were the lead vocals, which sounded hella fun and the 80 pt price tag. SOLD!

Besides, what does it matter why a song is purchased?
This discussion has been closed.