Rolling Stone: More Jimi Hendrix for RB 3/30

murphmurph Rising Star
edited April 2010 in Rock Band
More Jimi...sweet!
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/03/25/jimi-hendrix-coming-to-rock-band-with-full-axis-album-more-exclusives-to-follow/

Jimi Hendrix Coming to “Rock Band” With Full “Axis” Album, More Exclusives to Follow : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist of all time and current Rolling Stone cover star, and now RS can reveal that his legendary albums are coming exclusively to Rock Band with a wave of downloadable content thanks to Harmonix, MTV Games and Experience Hendrix. The guitarist’s entire second LP Axis: Bold as Love will be unleashed as DLC starting March 30th, along with the unearthed Jimi single “Valleys of Neptune” from the new disc of the same name.

Axis: Bold As Love hits XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii on March 30th, with the PlayStation 3 release following on April 1st. The songs — only the musique concrete opener “EXP” is excised from the track list — will be available both as an album and standalone tracks. Check out the first slate of Hendrix tracks coming to Rock Band (and LEGO Rock Band, with the exception of “Up From the Skies” and “Valleys of Neptune”):

“Up From the Skies”
“Spanish Castle Magic”
“Wait Until Tomorrow”
“Ain’t No Telling”
“Little Wing”
“If 6 Was 9″
“You Got Me Floatin’”
“Castles Made of Sand”
“She’s So Fine”
“One Rainy Wish”
“Little Miss Lover”
“Bold As Love”
“Valleys of Neptune”

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Wow, didn't see that coming. Cool.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited March 2010
    Amazing news to say the least. :D
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    Unexpectedly awesome!

Most notably is this little gem: "his legendary albums are coming exclusively to Rock Band"
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    kiggidykev;3589062 said:
    Unexpectedly awesome!

Most notably is this little gem: "his legendary albums are coming exclusively to Rock Band"
    Yeah, if you read the full article, it seems we are going to get a full catalog! I am excited and will be buying the full album and the new song.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Oh my.. this is HUGE news. I've actually never looked into Hendrix aside from what I've heard on the radio. I'm really excited that I'm gonna be able to discover his classic albums through Rock Band. :D

This definitely confirms we'll be getting all of Are You Experienced? and Electric Ladyland~ and some post-humous songs as well.

Also the possibility of a Hendrix in game avatar, replica instruments, and maybe his own Rock Band game?! Wow... just wow~
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    b70x7n;3589067 said:
    Dammit, still no Pantera........
    I was thinking of doing an "inb4 wherez mah pantera!" post as a joke, but I didn't actually think it would happen.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    *jaw drops to the floor*
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2010
    OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!!

I love Axis: Bold As Love and getting the master of "Spanish Castle Magic" into a HMX game (with vocals this time) makes me a VERY happy camper.

Also, if this is only the start of Hendrix albums on Rock Band, I will give Harmonix my first born child (that is, once I have a first born child).

(God, I hope this isn't an elaborate April Fool's)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    Sayburr;3589063 said:
    Yeah, if you read the full article, it seems we are going to get a full catalog! I am excited and will be buying the full album and the new song.
    That article is a great read. Definitely going to get the entire set as well, and look forward to seeing what other Hendrix-related stuff may come of this. Article mentions Hendrix avatar and instrument possiblities for in-game. Maybe that's something that Rock Band 3 will implement.

If this is an early April Fools joke, I will be very sad.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    Well, if that doesn't mean Hendrix: RB it means one of these things...

A) downloadable avatar, which is intriguing because I thought that was "impossible"

B) real rocker avatars in RB3
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    There's no problem with real rocker avatars in RB3 as long as it sticks to the L:RB mould.

The only songs that that avatar can play is his/her own songs.

Now, if we consider how many artists feature 10+ songs... we can almost guarantee that we'll be getting The Who, Queen, Hendrix, Foo Fighters, Grateful Dead and more :D

well... we can hope ¬_¬
  • CEEDZ13CEEDZ13 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yay!! I hope Valleys of Neptune comes too!! That would be SICK!!

I suggest it to you that havent heard it yet.
    EDIT:
    Dave Grohl? he would have to be everywhere on foo fighters, drums for nirvana, drums for With Teeth Album (NIN) along with QotSA and TCV. Damn, we need more dave grohl.
    edited March 2010
    I should also say, I'm extremely happy that they noted and are crediting it to The Experience, and not just Jimi.

What Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding brought to the mix tends to get over-shadowed by Hendrix's guitar virtuosity.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited March 2010
    Should be a blast. :)
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    T-Hybrid;3589085 said:
    I was thinking of doing an "inb4 wherez mah pantera!" post as a joke, but I didn't actually think it would happen.
    Don't get me wrong, getting Hendrix and everything associated with him is HUGE and I'm looking forward to it......it's just that I thought the time for the elusive Pantera had finally come. Either way HMX will still be getting my money for Jimi and I'll continue to wait for the other aforementioned band.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    is this a new album or a greatest hits album?
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    dinoman;3589142 said:
    is this a new album or a greatest hits album?
    This is his second studio album, Axis: Bold As Love. "Valleys of Neptune" is being released as a single.
  • edited March 2010
    What? THE GAME IS CALLED 'ROCK BAND', NOT 'AWESOME BAND'. I am outraged. ;)
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Wow, if Pantera's getting knocked off for another week, I'm glad it's for something as awesome as this. Way to go, HMX.
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yea for AWESOMEband
    edited March 2010
    Der_Lex;3589154 said:
    What? THE GAME IS CALLED 'ROCK BAND', NOT 'AWESOME BAND'. I am outraged. ;)
    QFT!! :p
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Righteous, wonder what the pricing will be.
  • Razorhoof78Razorhoof78 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This is good news. "Valleys of Neptune" has been one of my favorite Hendrix tunes for years (it's a shame he never finished it - I have tapes of him working it out with Billy Cox that show a much bigger vision than what he ever laid down). Hopefully we'll get "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)", too.
  • yayrockbandyayrockband Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Awesome. Will be buying.
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Ahh no Pantera but at least we get another great album in it's place
  • doughnut18doughnut18 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Wow, awesome news, and more in the pipeline to follow, especially looking forward to Electric Ladyland!!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited March 2010
    We get it, its not Pantera.

Maybe on april fools day this year they could censor the word 'Pantera'.
  • stragan1778stragan1778 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Wow - I knew we were getting Jimi at some point, but this soon really
    surprised me, and a full album at that. =)

Anyone else think the release schedule might be off by a couple of weeks though.
    I mean, most everyone assumed if this was going to get released it would be on the 9th
    (if I remember the prediction thread correctly). And it seems like there was
    something earlier this year that got predicted which came out a couple weeks
    after everyone was predicting it (arggg, can't remember what it was though)
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    LOL....

I love the responses "It's not Pantera, but this will do..."

:rolleyes: