More Sub Pop tracks making their way to RBN

Comments

• Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm waiting to see Sub-Pop offer up Afghan Whigs.
  • HendrixxHendrixx Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This is amazing! I'm very happy with the selctions and bands involved. Definite purchases from this RB player!
  • pacifistWITHgunpacifistWITHgun Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Finally some good Band Of Horses songs come to a music game!

(Not to say that Cigarettes, Wedding Bands is a bad song, but honestly it was such a terrible choice for a music game, like WTF was Neversoft thinking?)

Anyways, now all we need is Our Swords and we're pretty much good to go eh?
    edited March 2010
    I can only hope my favourite label (other than SubPop), Asthmatic Kitty, takes a look at RockGamer's output and decides to put some Sufjan Stevens in the game too!
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited March 2010
    I really enjoyed Cigarettes, Wedding Bands.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited March 2010
    "No One's Gonna Love You" by Band of Horses on RBN?!?!?! HELL YES!!!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I hope we get the Album Leaf soon!!!!
  • TallNerdGuyTallNerdGuy Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    If they would have throw in "Islands on the Coast" by Band of Horses, then that pack would be perfect in my eyes...but I'll will definitely be buying both the BoH and FF packs if/when they come to PS3.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    White Winter Hymnal was my favourite song of 2008. Can't wait for that to come out.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I need me some mudhoney, Pre Nevermind Nirvana, green river, The Dwarves, and some pre ultramega ok soundgarden.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    "The Funeral".

I pissed my pee.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Oh, and we need Foals!! As many Foals as we can get! Especially Spanish Sahara!!
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    More Flight of the Conchords and the rest of Bleach please and thank you :D
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    the 4 band of horses tracks are what can be called "insta-buys" for me.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    I know my uncle likes listening to Band of Horses. I'll ask him if I could borrow his discography.
  • hiddenzombie013hiddenzombie013 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I've never heard a Band of Horses song other than "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands" from GH5, but I did enjoy that song a good bit and would like to see it on RBN, if only for the sake of having even more of the GH5 setlist. But I'll check out the other tracks since you guys seem to like them and I also know others who like them.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Hendrixx;3589775 said:
    I can only hope my favourite label (other than SubPop), Asthmatic Kitty, takes a look at RockGamer's output and decides to put some Sufjan Stevens in the game too!
    Now you're talking...

Would like to see some Iron and Wine and the Postal Service as well from Sub Pop but I think it's already great that bands like BoH and Fleet Foxes are finally coming to Rock Band!
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    I really hope we can get some Postal Service soon!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2010
    cutmaclass;3590434 said:
    Now you're talking...

Would like to see some Iron and Wine and the Postal Service as well from Sub Pop but I think it's already great that bands like BoH and Fleet Foxes are finally coming to Rock Band!
    I do know that Iron and Wine already confirmed RBN.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    The Postal Service will probably show up eventually but Sub Pop said that there are technical issues with the tracks they need to work out.

I wonder how they would chart vocals for "Such Great Heights"
    edited March 2010
    I think it's wonderful that we're able to get these kinds of bands on RB. While popular, this type of melancholy, sedate and ethereal music doesn't usually fit the ideal RB track template. However, this will allow my RB library to closer resemble my ideal playlist. Most people are aware that playing RB can evoke emotions like excitement, euphoria and an adrenaline-rush. Playing these will give players like me the chance to approach the sublime.... not excited or anything... I guess wistful, nostalgic and content would be the best words...
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    Hendrixx;3590600 said:
    I think it's wonderful that we're able to get these kinds of bands on RB. While popular, this type of melancholy, sedate and ethereal music doesn't usually fit the ideal RB track template. However, this will allow my RB library to closer resemble my ideal playlist. Most people are aware that playing RB can evoke emotions like excitement, euphoria and an adrenaline-rush. Playing these will give players like me the chance to approach the sublime.... not excited or anything... I guess wistful, nostalgic and content would be the best words...
    singing those band of horses songs to my roommate is gonna be a really big score time and time again if you know what i mean.
  • alex_rbalex_rb Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm really excited for "The Funeral"!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited March 2010
    If Sub Pop keeps being this awesome, I'll be broke really quickly. Fantastic. Can't wait for these tracks from both bands to hit the store.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Moar Flight of the Conchords please?
  • pong0814pong0814 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I can't wait to get these tracks!

The rest of "Bleach" and "Bakesale" by Sebadoh, please!
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Band of Horses is just a depressing band. Every time I hear them, I just feel sad especially listening to songs like The Funeral and Cigarettes, Wedding Bands.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Sub Pop? DWARVES, or GTFO. ;)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited March 2010
    While I love Fleet Foxes (and am VERY happy that Blue Ridge Mountains and White Winter Hymnal are getting charted--although I'd prefer they waited until harmony function was available), I want to hear an announcement for CSS and/or The Go! Team. THAT would make me ecstatic.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Fleet Foxes FTW!! Awesome band.