Has anyone ever tried personally asking bands to be on RBN?

AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Face to Face I mean.
I'm thinking of trying it with Molly Hatchet tomorrow since they're playing a benefit concert downtown from where I live. <_<

Comments

• XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I asked Prince, and he told me NO!! But he did offer to make me pancakes.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Yep, back in August I went to a concert for a local band called Joan Red during their CD release party. After the concert, the lead singer and bassist were selling and signing stuff at the merch table, so I started pitching the idea to them. Something like "I remember you guys opening for Avenged Sevenfold and Rev Theory a few months ago. You know, I got into Avenged Sevenfold through RockBand, and Rev Theory has had a track on Guitar Hero for a while. Both sell pretty well. Now RockBand is starting up this RockBand Network thing, and it could provide a ton of exposure and cash for you guys."

I handed them a list of charting groups and their websites, got my CD and a poster signed. I don't know if they're actually going to go through with it, though I check in on their MySpace page periodically for announcements. Maybe one day... and if they do, the songs better make their way onto the PS3!
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I'm talking by actually getting an answer. I was thinking maybe I could see if I could chart them myself and personally asking them would seem more professional.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Well, the band I talked to seemed pretty interested. I doubt you'll get a straight-up answer on the spot (unless they write and self-publish all of their music), since they'll have to go through other legal channels involved... but maybe you'd have more luck with that since you want to do the charting yourself (I of course lack the ability to do so).
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I was going to ask Cavo and Rev Theory at Crue Fest but I got scared