RBN Glitch?

JrdRIOTJrdRIOT Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm trying to buy the Mayday Parade song, but for some reason when i try to buy it, it tells me that the price is '0msp' and when i click download it wont allow me to, i also cannot download it via xbox.com, loads of other songs are listed as being free also, what on earth is going on?

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Certain songs need to be fixed by HMX before they're available to those in non-US territories. This is probably one of those songs.

Also, to save you the disappointment, the Mayday Parade song is 240MSP/$3.
  • JrdRIOTJrdRIOT Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Ah i understand now then, and yeah i saw it was 240MSP, bad price, but i'll still end up buying it haha.
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    JrdRIOT;3592594 said:
    Ah i understand now then, and yeah i saw it was 240MSP, bad price, but i'll still end up buying it haha.
    It is starting to sound like this song is going to do ok.
    :)
    edited March 2010
    2 people saying they'll buy a song =/= "Doing OK"
    edited March 2010
    Ok...
    We can have this discussion again when the song makes top 30.
    :D
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3592614 said:
    Ok...
    We can have this discussion again when the song makes top 30.
    :D
    If this song makes top 30... I don't even know. I think my brain would explode from the idea that several thousand people are willing to pay $3 for a silly mallcore song but not a classic song by Blondie.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3592629 said:
    If this song makes top 30... I don't even know. I think my brain would explode from the idea that several thousand people are willing to pay $3 for a silly mallcore song but not a classic song by Blondie.
    "Atomic" hasn't been officially released, so you can't be sure about that.
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3592629 said:
    It comes down to relevance.

Mayday is far more relevant to music now than Blondie is.

Also... I know my fair share of music new and old. I know quite a few songs by Blondie... I'd never even heard of Atomic before I youtubed it.

I've told 10 people I know that Mayday is on RBN and the ones that have Rock Band bought and the other 4 are coming over tonight to play and sing it.

You are just stuck on thinking if a song is a classic that today's audience will eat it up.
    edited March 2010
    I'm still unable to buy it, i'm getting pissed now >.<
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited March 2010
    God I hope they patch this soon, hate going into a game with people running around doing the unlimited dlc care package glitch, totally ruins the song for me.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I was going to buy this song. 3 bucks, this song is not worth.
    edited March 2010
    2 days later and i am still unable of getting it, i know around 6 people that were going to buy it, but seeing as it's taking way too long to get it sorted in the UK i don't think that we're going to bother.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited March 2010
    JrdRIOT;3594766 said:
    2 days later and i am still unable of getting it, i know around 6 people that were going to buy it, but seeing as it's taking way too long to get it sorted in the UK i don't think that we're going to bother.
    Ok, let me try and understand this.

A song was put in the RBN store yesterday and you create a thread about not being able to download it. Fair enough. This is an issue that has presented itself before and needs to be acknowledged.

2 hours later you are 'pissed' because it is not fixed. That seems a little bit impatient.

It is now one day later (even though for some reason you say 2). It is still broken, which should not be a surprise considering it is a Saturday and I doubt many people (if any) work weekends at HMX/MS.

So now this song you were so excited to get may take a few days to get and because of that you are saying you won't get it? That makes no sense to me. If I song I like comes out today or next month I will still want it no matter.

Anyway, just have a little patience and I'm sure it will be fixed.

Edit: I posted on a thread on the creators site to make sure HMX is aware of the problem.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna buy it. It's only $1 more, and it's not like I'm gonna buy a lot of $3 songs.
    edited March 2010
    Casto21;3594790 said:
    Ok, let me try and understand this.

A song was put in the RBN store yesterday and you create a thread about not being able to download it. Fair enough. This is an issue that has presented itself before and needs to be acknowledged.

2 hours later you are 'pissed' because it is not fixed. That seems a little bit impatient.

It is now one day later (even though for some reason you say 2). It is still broken, which should not be a surprise considering it is a Saturday and I doubt many people (if any) work weekends at HMX/MS.

So now this song you were so excited to get may take a few days to get and because of that you are saying you won't get it? That makes no sense to me. If I song I like comes out today or next month I will still want it no matter.

Anyway, just have a little patience and I'm sure it will be fixed.

Edit: I posted on a thread on the creators site to make sure HMX is aware of the problem.
    I got unnecessarily agitated at how the song wasn't available when I wanted it, i'm still unable to get it but i guess i'll just have to be patient and wait for it.
    edited March 2010
    Thom1234;3592609 said:
    2 people saying they'll buy a song =/= "Doing OK"
    I'd like to direct you to the top 30 list!

:)