SWEET MOSES GRAVY! Christian Metal

Rab1d_Squ1rrelsRab1d_Squ1rrels Opening Act
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So with MxPx(I know they're not metal but they're christian) Demon hunter, and Maylene (Figgin Right!,) what do you think are the chances of more christian music like more of those bands, haste the day, relient K, or august burns red coming? I hope they realese more. I'm loving this. Whats your thoughts or opinions?

Comments

  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, and Underoath are in the pipeline

    Don't forget Attack Attack!, they're a Christian band too.

    Also you might enjoy the songs by Andy Kirk
  • TaskusorsaTaskusorsa Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Christian or pastafarian or whatever, I don't care as long as the music's good.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Underoath is going to be coming to RBN sometime in the future. And so is Devil Wears Prada.
    I'd personally love to see more Maylene, Word Alive and Underoath (more than Writing on the Walls). I'd also like to see some Craig Mabbit era Blessthefall too.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    kingtonyx;3592851 said:
    y're a Christian band too.
    They actually aren't. Their old screamer guy came out a while back and said it in this interview.
    http://hardtimes.ca/attackattack09
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    The Frisk;3592863 said:
    They actually aren't. Their old screamer guy came out a while back and said it in this interview.
    http://hardtimes.ca/attackattack09
    Oh. Well "Stick Stickly" sure sounds like it to me :p
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    The Frisk;3592863 said:
    They actually aren't. Their old screamer guy came out a while back and said it in this interview.
    http://hardtimes.ca/attackattack09
    He lied. :) Just look at the lyrics to Stick Stickly:

    You never said
    That this would be easy
    So go on live
    You never said
    That this would be easy
    So go on live

    Woo
    This is the best part of the message
    And it only took one

    We live for what He's worth
    And that's more than you'll know

    He died for what He loved
    And what He loved was you

    I'll wait for you
    You know I'll wait for you
    You know I'll wait for you
    I'll wait for you
    You know I'll wait for you
    You know I'll wait for
    You never said
    That this would be easy
    So go on live
    You never said
    That this would be easy
    So go on live

    Bow your head
    Go on live

    This is the time to let yourself go
    Lord pick me off the ground
    He never said this would be simple
    So pull me in and turn around
    Ah oh whoa
    Oh wha oh oh oh
    He never said this would be simple
    That this would be
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited March 2010
    citizenCERO;3592871 said:
    Jesus music sucks. Let's hope no more of this trash shows up in Rock Band.
    Woah, please get off the forums or think before you say something


    Anyway, it isn't as important to me that it is a christian band as if the music is good.

    I did not know, however, that MxPx and Demon Hunter were christian bands! As a christian myself it is nice to hear bands I like are christian as well.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'm hoping Tooth and Nails (who also added Demon Hunter and August Burns Red and Underoath) add Thousand Foot Krutch. There are a bunch of christian bands I'd love to have in Rock Band.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    DragoonXD;3592962 said:
    I'm hoping Tooth and Nails (who also added Demon Hunter and August Burns Red and Underoath) add Thousand Foot Krutch. There are a bunch of christian bands I'd love to have in Rock Band.
    I'd love anything from Tooth and Nail, well, more of anything.
    I'm still hoping that the Almost will get a song or two in game.
  • Rab1d_Squ1rrelsRab1d_Squ1rrels Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Yea i'd like to see some TFK. Anything off their first 3 albums. Also Old relient K would be awesome. Anything up to Mmmhmm
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2010
    Man, I was so ready to give my money to a band named SWEET MOSES GRAVY :(
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    I really can't wait for the Underoath and Devil Wears.

    I would really like some Underoath from Theyr'e Only Chasing Safety.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    aperfectorestes;3593010 said:

    I would really like some Underoath from Theyr'e Only Chasing Safety.
    If we get anything from They're Only Chasing Safety, then I hope it's A Boy Brushed Red.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2010
    HeyRiles;3593006 said:
    Man, I was so ready to give my money to a band named SWEET MOSES GRAVY :(
    I'm gonna put out a single under this name.

    It will be the Artist Name, Track Name, Album Name, Label Name, etc
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    This topic makes we wish I could create playlists and save them on RB2.

    I would definitely make a Christian Metal playlist.
  • ChiodosChiodos Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    While I am not a fan of Christianity, I am a fan of quite a few bands that are so as long as the songs aren't preachy and fun to play I'm in. Oh, Sleeper plz.
  • DanteSparda504DanteSparda504 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Hopefully more Maylene is coming
  • Erra93Erra93 Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    The Frisk;3593016 said:
    If we get anything from They're Only Chasing Safety, then I hope it's A Boy Brushed Red.
    I think the song was "Writing on the walls", which is one of the first songs I heard by them (A boy brushed red being the very first) :p
  • xRage08xRage08 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Honestly people shouldn't complain if a Christian band comes out with some music. It's not like HMX where music gets released once a week. Music is being released 24/7 and if one Christian song comes out you'll probably get something else you like the same day.

    I'd love to see more of the likes of MxPx, Underoath, DWP, etc. And although a large amount of the community probably won't agree with me, I'd love to see some actual Christian music, too. Some bands like The David Crowder Band aren't bad to listen to at all and actually have decent guitar solos ("You Are My Joy" has a pretty sweet guitar solo, actually).

    Hate it or love it, get over it. You'll still get music you want no matter what comes out in RBN.
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    trg007;3592906 said:
    He lied. :) Just look at the lyrics to Stick Stickly:
    they changed their mind and they are not going to be in the future
  • Rab1d_Squ1rrelsRab1d_Squ1rrels Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    xRage08;3593458 said:
    Honestly people shouldn't complain if a Christian band comes out with some music. It's not like HMX where music gets released once a week. Music is being released 24/7 and if one Christian song comes out you'll probably get something else you like the same day.

    I'd love to see more of the likes of MxPx, Underoath, DWP, etc. And although a large amount of the community probably won't agree with me, I'd love to see some actual Christian music, too. Some bands like The David Crowder Band aren't bad to listen to at all and actually have decent guitar solos ("You Are My Joy" has a pretty sweet guitar solo, actually).

    Hate it or love it, get over it. You'll still get music you want no matter what comes out in RBN.
    Yea and God Almighty, None Compares has sick sweeps.
  • KoreOtterKoreOtter Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    This is awesome in my opinion! And with the rumor of Skillet possibly coming to the weekly DLC next week, it can't get any better! Gimme some Relient K, Thousand Foot Krutch, Manic Drive, Group 1 Crew, and so many others!
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2010
    There is no Christian metal. It's scientific fact that rock/metal/etc. is the Devil's music.

    Moar Flyleaf plz.
  • dbacksfan7dbacksfan7 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    Anyways, very glad to have more music like this coming to RB. Hopefully some Thousand Foot Krutch, Pillar and maybe even P.O.D.? That would be awesome :D
  • edited March 2010
    The only problem is that im a ps3 player, if you xboxer's dont buy enough of these bands, im never gonna be able to play them :(
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    If only we would get something from The Changing of Times, id buy for sure. Not gonna happen tho for obvious reasons.
  • jbrocker56jbrocker56 Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    whats this Skillet coming next week for dlc I hope this is true!
  • WerttyWertty Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Backwards Marathon;3597335 said:
    If only we would get something from The Changing of Times, id buy for sure. Not gonna happen tho for obvious reasons.
    And why not?
    I'd be hoping for some Cries of the past stuff too.
    The Best of Me would beat it's dave grohl lookalike for me hands down though.
    I really wish Dallas was still with them. =/
    And that Spencer was still with his old band, This Runs Through. Listen to 'em if you haven't.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXi8JmDP3po
    I REALLY wish we could get them, but that seems like it'd be a lot less likely than older UO.
  • nightsx2nightsx2 Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    OK, here's my opinion. If people want it, Christian rock should be allowed on RBN. However, there should be a category or sub-category to distinguish it as such (ie Rock: Christian). I personally wouldn't want to download a song and find out that it's Jesus music. ...but to each his own.
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I'd love some Skillet, a LOT of Anberlin, and some TDWP.
Sign In or Register to comment.