upstream - cory wong

jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
apologies if this has been posted about already but i didn't see anything on search:-

brave move to release a single instrument track and i absolutely love it so thanks for taking the gamble, would happily buy loads more like this.

Comments

• Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    It's absolutely awesome to play, and really opens the floodgates in terms of what "works" in RB. I hope we see more stuff like this now.
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Question. I know it's a guitar only song, but if your in a band quickplay can others see the guitarist play it?
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    XxxadxxX;3593012 said:
    Question. I know it's a guitar only song, but if your in a band quickplay can others see the guitarist play it?
    No the song will be blacked out and unplayable with drums, vocals, or bass in the band.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited March 2010
    XxxadxxX;3593012 said:
    Nope, same functionality as existing DLC that's missing instruments...if you have people in the band playing an instrument that's not in the song it's grayed out in the song select menu.

EDIT: NINJA!
  • aperfectorestesaperfectorestes Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    lol

I believe that's my first ninja!
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Cool thanks for the info. Good ninja aperfectorestes!
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I was all but ready to buy this!

But then I saw the chart on YouTube. I don't care about the spam-fest at the end, but in some places it just doesn't make sense. The charted notes often go the opposite way to the music. Like the music bends up, but the chart hopos down. Seemed really disconnected from the track to me, sorry.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    im kinda hesitating about this one, for one, i play with some of my friend, and i know, they dont have to play THAT song, but its nice to have the opcion. anyway its a great song and cheap to, but i just dont know yet.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    If you're an RB guitarist, and you have the chance to play alone from time to time, you really owe it to yourself to just sit down on a rainy afternoon and play this one.

Lovely to play. Yes, I'm hoping for more acoustic tracks in the future from RBN, too.

Speaking of acoustic guitar, some classical and flamenco guitar would be absolutely amazing to play in this game (and damn near impossible to play, too. I'd luh-huv to see the plastic guitar FC-hoes try to tackle Albeniz' "Asturias....."
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    I love me my singing, but this is the first instrumental only based track I have ever individually purchased. (Ok there was the song at the end of Ten by PJ but I wanted the whole album).

Love it.
    Realized afterwards that I'll never be able to play it online with anyone and that made me kinda sad, but still a fine purchace at a dollar. As long as the price remains on the cheaper side I would definately consider buying more like this.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    Konador;3593250 said:
    I was all but ready to buy this!

But then I saw the chart on YouTube. I don't care about the spam-fest at the end, but in some places it just doesn't make sense. The charted notes often go the opposite way to the music. Like the music bends up, but the chart hopos down. Seemed really disconnected from the track to me, sorry.
    Likewise. The charting ruined it for me.